73 taxi drivers arrested in Phuket anti-mafia drive

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about all the boiler rooms and scam shops run here and their money laundering bars and nightclubs....get rid of that scum too, ripping off people all over the world of their life savings and walking about like they are untouchable in pattaya, bangkok , phuket and koh samui...their names should be reported

• Like 2

I wonder what the penalty will be? If its just another slap on the wrist whats the point?

Some of this trash will face 10 years in prison for their thuggery

'will' ... I think you meant should

Well if this continues maybe even I will visit Phuket and take a break from the life in Pattaya. Phuket has been on the bottom of my list for a long time.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Gov Maitri said, “The mafia taxi issue is an old one. Strong power must be applied to eradicate it. There must be a new administration to do this. There must be suppression, education and strengthening of local authorities to get rid of the problem."

​There must also be mandatory, large (at least 10,000 baht per offense) fines, starting with the first offense, mandatory jail time (at least 3 months) for the 2nd offense and mandatory loss of taxi license for the third offence. If/when this happens, the problem will go away.

• Like 2

Yes, about time but will it make any difference?

One of the many reasons why I have not been in Phuket since Jan 2005.

I have no desire to go back any time soon as I am skeptical that It will make any real difference.

With due respect for the task force, sorry, watching from a distance.

Lets see what the outcome is on these parasites, hopefully justice is actually served (I hope so and it is not just some PR exercise making the right noises, then same old same...) Obviously we are all eager to watch the Fun & Games when they get round to sorting Patong's friendly people movers out...

Fingers crossed then thumbsup.gif

Go the army, they are achieving what paid government could not. Fight amoungst yourselves for democracy but I would have This army in charge anytime. I cannot believe the arrogance of Suthep and Yingluk not compromising and uniting Thailand, instead driving the economy down especially when ASEAN commences next year and Thailand should be BOOMING! Be nice to get rid of all the Tuk Tuks put the meters in and get some nice Thai ladies just like on the Gold Coast in Australia, make tourists welcome not ripped and pissed off!

• Like 2

Go the army, they are achieving what paid government could not. Fight amoungst yourselves for democracy but I would have This army in charge anytime. I cannot believe the arrogance of Suthep and Yingluk not compromising and uniting Thailand, instead driving the economy down especially when ASEAN commences next year and Thailand should be BOOMING! Be nice to get rid of all the Tuk Tuks put the meters in and get some nice Thai ladies just like on the Gold Coast in Australia, make tourists welcome not ripped and pissed off!

Oh dear. The Thai army has been in charge many times before and corruption never declined. In fact it increased sharply after the last coup. This 'anti-mafia drive' is clearly just godfathers taking the opportunity to settle old scores. Things will be back to normal in no time.

• Like 1

IS Nice they do something, but in 6 month times , is all same as before. To be honest, i not seen one guest in my place that has not argued with the Greedy TUK TUK driver , they totaly hopless