Do You Drink Too Much?

tuky

How much do you drink per week?  

218 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care to much. When I'm at work there's no booze so I go without for 6-8 weeks followed by a couple of weeks on the piss in LOS.

You get used to it quick though. Flying out to LOS normally 3-4 beers is enough to get me drunk while coming back to work I'm still oke after 20 beers :o

I drink beer. Very occasionally, a bottle of wine. No spirits whatsoever.

Going by Tuky's suggested website, and my preferred beers of *Chang* and Archa (in Thailand), I reckon 1 large Archa is 2.8 'standard drinks' and 1 large *Chang* is 3.3 'standard drinks'.

At a rough guess, I probably average 4 Archa and 2 *Chang* per day therefore it looks like a weekly consumption of 125 'standard drinks'.

Mmmmmmm.

Doesn't bother me though.

I drink a lot because I enjoy it and have no reason to cut back or abstain.

My wife used to drink with me but felt that it was affecting her health - she decided to stop a couple of months ago (after many years) and hasn't touched a drop since.

i have about 4-5 drinks when im working (probaly 40-50% of the time), maybe 2 when I get home from work and about 15-20 on friday night same as saturday and sunday.

I do miss some weekends here and there, but there is usually a party I go too. so based on that.

approx. easily above 40 on a busy week. (but not a regular thing) And definately have been drinking less lately. but atleast 20, we all need abit of alcohol in the system

I don't drink now..............................................but I still have to sit and listen to the incomprehensible & mumbled ramblings of those who do every day. :o

You could always turn the English WC commentary up a tad !!!!!

I answered fairly honestly (26-30/week), but a lot depends on what is happening. The other week I went to a couple of parties at different establishments and drank quite a bit.

This week I've hardly gone out at all (2 on Friday, 3 last night, that's it). 26-30/week is probably a good average for me.

But compare that to when I was working. 0 drinks for 2,3, maybe even 4 months at a time. No big deal.

I have a full bottle of Mekong, another of Sang Som, 3/4's of a bottle of Kaluha and 1/2 a bottle of Bailey's in my cupboard. The Mekong and Sang Som have sat there untouched for almost 2 years. The Kaluha and Bailey's haven't been touched in over 6 months. No big deal.

But on some nights, I might decide to have some fun, go to a bar and quaff 12-15 whiskey/cokes. No big deal, don't do it every night, and rarely more than twice a week.

My dad used to drink too much. Even during work nights, he'd come home in the afternoon and crack open a new 26er of whiskey, finishing it before going to bed. Next day, same thing. On weekends, he'd go for the 40oz bottles instead.

He had to quit cold-turkey after contracting Hep-C (possibly from a dead cow on a farm he was working on). In any event, the doctor told him he was close to dying already, as a result of his excessive drinking, his liver was close to shutting down. The Hep-C almost killed him as well. The doc told him if he drank again, he'd die, period.

That was in 1988. Hasn't touched a drop since then. Still smokes more than a pack a day though. I think his prime motivation in life now is to outlive me :o

I hardly drink in the UK & would put my consumption down to 2-5 per month. If there is a big party then I drink more but I seem to have lost the joy in drinking. :o

Is just automatic now when at a bbq or pub to have one or two then switch to soft drinks. No one notices & often I'm asked the next day "hows the head, or how pissed did you get last night" It seems my previous reputation is still following me around. :D

But thats cool as I know what I drink now but people are often suprised when i tell them I only had 2 drinks :D

Alot.

Ditto............

Never drink in the house or on the p.m, i go out every other night (Pattaya) and have approx 10 small heineken and 15 G & T 's between 6.30pm and 2am..............

Judging by some of the previous replies looks like i/ll have to cut down also. :o

Well i voted for 41 and above, i am pleased to see there was 1 other honest voter aswell. I will presume that was Totster.

I am in Thailand just on 27-28 because of the bad supply of wine, but even my very old parents drink everyday together 2 bottle (750 ml each) wine and maybe 4x500 ml beer. (Attention TOGETHER not each) and they tell that they can not drink much anymore because they feel bad if they once really drink as they are close to 70. That would give 81.2 if I calculate right and is definitly not considered as much in our area....

Actually a bottle wine a day is considered as culture in our area, sometimes I drink 2 and never hang, while after 4 thailand produced beers I hang on the next day.

I voted zero because I only have a drink two or three times a year (usually holidays). I do admit that several years ago when in a bit of a slump that it may have been around 30-40 a week, but all social and none at home. Did break the mold a few weeks ago when I met up with a couple of buddies I hadn't seen in ages, probably 15-20 that night alone. Combination of wine, scotch and beer - reminded me the next morning why I don't generally like to drink. :D:o