Do You Drink Too Much?

tuky

How much do you drink per week?  

218 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after reading all this i have decided i am going to cut down and only drink on a friday and saturday night, if i decide to go for a drink mid week then i shall miss the saturday. I only ever drink beer, i used to drink vodka but i stopped that after a few to many fluttering heart feelings after a heavy session.

Cheers, Noodles

I drink 3-4 pretty well every night whilst watching TV. Never before 6pm.

I guess, because I am bored.

However I may go out and not have a drink at all and that does not worry me.

It is difficult to know where to draw the line. :o

I drink every day.

Normaly I have about 8 small bottles of tiger and a couple of times a week I may have 20+.

I have been drinking every day for 6 or 7 years ,though this may change in the near future as I am hoping to start a "propper" job.

As there are not many bars near us we drink at home. So 6-9 large Chang a day. More if my wife's not joining in or we're out for a meal. As she's half my size with a quarter of my capacity SHE should cut down but likes to keep up, but there again she is also half my age!

Chok dee

If in the UK however about 15 pints a day (on a slow day).

Cheers

I drink 3-4 pretty well every night whilst watching TV. Never before 6pm.

What has the time got to do with anything?

If you drank 3 or 4 every day before 6pm, would it be any worse?

Yes. If you drank another 3 or 4 after 6 pm.

I think there should be a few more slots over 41 - maybe increments of 10 up to 200 standard drinks

I think that the true results will be a bit top heavy and show a "blurred" picture !

Alternatively change the vote to daily !!

I am on 31 to 35 (per week). Normally chug down 4 to 5 to 6 bottles of beer per night (Tiger or Heineken). I try to take a day or two off every week but normally end up doing that once a month. Too many social functions at night offer too many temptations, I just can't say no to free booze. At least I don;t smoke anymore.

6-10 I put it umm cuz is the max I can drink in a week, I drink mostly on Saturday night, but I think we all drink in different ways...

1?? I drink only one, but... soft one? Strong one?

I put 6-10 cuz when i drink I like it strong.. (Double) so, I go out on Saturday’s and I drink like 4 to 5, but they are quiet strong!!

I don't normally drink. But about six months ago, I started drinking the hard (80 proof) stuff, up to 15 drinks per week. I stopped 3 days ago -- almost took a drink though yesterday, when my lawn mower died :o . If I can hold on for a several more days, I think I can break the habbit.

Well, I've now been on the piss, without sleep, for the last 32 hours. :o

There's more to come too, I can't miss the footy.... :D

Then, I may die a peaceful death, only to role out of bed at 5 in the morning for work............ :D:D

redrus

Well, I've now been on the piss, without sleep, for the last 32 hours. :D

Then, I may die a peaceful death, only to role out of bed at 5 in the morning for work............ :D:D

redrus

..........careful.....you´ll have me thinking soon that all football fans are constantly on the booze.... :o

Well, I've now been on the piss, without sleep, for the last 32 hours. :D

redrus

..........careful.....you´ll have me thinking soon that all football fans are constantly on the booze.... :o

LOL, I am a very responsible man, Monday to Friday at least anyway..................... :D:D

redrus

easily downed a bottle of spirit (tequila or rum, usually) accompanied by a 8 '- 12 beers.

a day.

was my average, I reckon, with one day off a week. Well, maybe just the day per fortnight off.

This is now started to change. I would be okay with the 6 - 15 category.

Lets see.

Well, I've now been on the piss, without sleep, for the last 32 hours. :o

redrus

Depression is a major factor in alcoholism. And soccer is such a boring game that I am shocked that there aren't more people wanting to start the 90 day program with us.

Where is the excitement in a game that the winners only win due to luck? DO not think that you can bluff your way out of the truth...why would anyone want to follow a sport where it can almost be impossible to score a goal? I do not understand it.

And yet, Aussie Rules footy is called Aerial Ping Pong... look at a soccer game? That is pointless. What kind of game calls for people to hit the ball with their HEAD???? That sums it up...I am an Aussie Rules die hard, so please forgive me when I say that soccer is one of the worst games I have ever seen. That is not because of the Italy/Aussie thing, I am gald about that because Aust. should not get involved with soccer, it is a poofters game and the true Aussies are above that.

Bring on ehte 30th, I will get sober. My footy thoughts will not change, I love Aussie rules, but being sober I will hopefully learn to be discrete and not air my displeasure regarding the soccer freaks in an open forum.

Sorry soccer freaks, I am an Aussie rules freak. ANd a drunk.

I am gald about that because Aust. should not get involved with soccer, it is a poofters game and the true Aussies are above that.

:o:D :D

Don't beat around the bush man... say what your really think!!!

:D:D:D

I'm with you mate... Aussi Rules rulez.

My heart really goes out to you guys.

I was what I would call a chronic alcoholic for about 10 years following an accident, and I guess also depresion. I cannot hold a torch to many of you, but this is not really a competition that you want to win. I was drinking about a pint of Tequilla a day with 12-20 beers, depending on the day. The one thing that was consistent was my consitency.

I don't know what happened, but one day I woke up and I was changed. I don't know the date, or even why, but one day it just didn't have the same grip on me.

I no longer drink every day. Usually once per week. My problem is that I drink more than I should, about 15 beers on this day, actually about 3-4hrs. I started drinking at about 14, and moderation was never my strength. In the states over the last few years I could do a better job, albeit not perfect, at moderation. My problem now is that I live in Saigon, and this is usually the day I get together with my American friends. I value our time together a lot, and the two are associated for me, at least in my mind anyway.

I would really like to join you guys on the 30th, but the 4th is American Idependence day, and my local hang out is having all you can eat barbeque and beer. I don't take the commitment lightly, and fear I will drink this day. Maybe I can join you after the 4th.

It's a struggle. For me it ended rather abruptly and inexplicably, but I know it is tough because during those 10 years I wanted to stop many times, and just couldn't find it in me. I'ts still a problem, and reckon it always will be as long as I chose to drink. It's just not the overbearing urge, or the compelling that it used to be, but moderation is not my inclination and likely never will be.

I wish you guys the best. Many of you will not succeed, and I truly feel for you. Sometimes its not so much about falling off the wagon, as managing to climb back on, and holding on as long as you can. Don't beat yourselves up for we are all human. Whatever you do, never give up on managing your problem. Chances are it will always be with you, but hopefully not dominate you.

Best of luck.

So-Cal,

Thank you.

I was never that moderate, but always controlled.

My dis-control started in my last weeks in thailand, following an accident as well, and related depressions.

Thank you again, for your contribution.

Edited by kayo

Kayo,

Nothing like being in intense pain 24/7 for +1yr to drive you to drink. I don't know about you, but mine was my back (actually had a dislocated hip that for some reason the docs couldn't figure out, which drug my whole spine out of allignment.) Couldn't sit, drive, stand, without intense pain. Some days would take me a half hour to crawl to the toilet. Guess I drank more Tequila and less beer on those days.

My only problem with my once a week binge is that I sometimes say things I regret, forget things, etc. I even tell my gf that I don't want to be around her on this night, so I don't do or say something to hurt one of the people I care most about, and can hopefully self implode without too much destruction. It isn't always the case, but I have found it is better to be safe than sorry.

Like I say, I wish all of you the best, and maybe I'll join you. May not seem like much, but my Friday or Saturday night with the boys is my favorite time of the week.

I hope you all take care, my thoughts will definitely be with you.

SoCal

So-Cal,

6 weeks in Hospital, another two months home recuperation, broken jaw in about 2 million different places, short coma, a dead other party, lawsuits, and so on....

And I didn´t remember a F&"%6ing thing about it.

I still don´t.

That was years ago.

Last week, My girlfriend came to visit, haven´t seen her for months. Still Haven´t seen her, that I can remember. I threw her at my mate, and screamed for them to get it on apparently, before running off to another gf I have and telling her to go f&/" herself, and then I declared my revolution against the whole village, even getting up on stage in a popular bar and as I burnt a Brazil World Cup Shirt that my best mate had given me (he´s brazilian) telling everybody present that my best mate was shagging not one but BOTH of my gf´s. Which was untrue. Unfair. I got kicked out of every bar in this small village that night.

That was the final straw. I´ve had black outs and stuff before, but this was just so intense. Here I just give you the highlights, but my rampage apparently lasted from Thursday night until Saturday morning (cheap, creepy columbian drugs help the stamina, stupidly enough). I got into fights with tuk tuk drivers, crashed a band´s concert, trashed a guitar that was not mine, apparently tried to strangle a cat, claiming "THIS IS WHAT I THINK OF ALL ######ING C%NTS".

Remarkably, only the cat fought back. The people here already know me, like me too. That´s why no tuk tuk drivers tried to kill me. I was lucky. Everybody was TOO flabbergasted by my behaviour. Unusual for Kayo, seems to be the general opinion. Apparently I also made quite a lot of people laugh, thankfully enough.

Every day that goes by, somebody else tells me something else dramatic that I apparently did.

Do I remember?

Tsh... I am an elephant with no knowts in my trunk. Just in my brain.

Like I say: That was the final straw. I´m snapping out of. And this subsection of the forum (tuky and the rest of yous) I thank for helping.

:o:D:D:D

Hi robitusson,

Welcome to our own tv.com anon....

May I ask about your story. Outline at least?

Giving up drink and all intoxicants was the best thing I did for me. It didn't suddenly make everything rosey and happy ever after but it did give me a lot more options which might not have been possible otherwise.

My story? Repeated attempts to give up and stop led to this current stint which has lasted 6 years and will last until the day I die. Let's just put it like this; it was a very, very good idea for me to give up after a relatively short boozing career of about 10 years.

Edited by robitusson