Have you assimilated into Fara-saan?

jkinbkk

Drinking Archa now, it's as good as any of the other muck they serve up as beer here. How about walking past members of the family and completely ignoring them? I finally trained them to say SDK and now find myself ignoring them. Don't get me into driving the car, I think I drive like a Thai, but I use the mirrors.

Drive like a Thai!! The frightening observation regarding so many who, when on a motorbike, come to a T junction at a main road and turn left without any sort of glance to the right, to see what traffic is incoming. Frightening...

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 5.7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

(edited/re-posted due to my inability to <reply with quote> on my smartphone!)

Yes, but you EXPECT them to do that. What I didn't expect the other day was a Farang driving pretty fast without helmet who cut off my path as I was turning right . 'This is the way you're supposed to do it, stupid Thais'. He won't last long, A Thai probably would have had him off his bike as he wasn't driving like a Thai.

I agree absolutely about expecting drivers to make certain manoeuvres. While it doesn't make it right, it still makes me wince every time I see it.

A bit like following a groups of cars, you need to be looking towards the front of the group to see what's going on there, to try and anticipate what might happen, whereas most of the others just follow the brake lights of the vehicle in front, often causing those multi-vehicle shunts - especially at traffic lights.

I'm not claiming to be a clever/perfect driver, but here, you need to have eyes in every single direction!

Don't get me wrong, it's not meant as a whinge, but more of an observation - honest!

Edited by bluesofa
  • Like 1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Drinking Archa now, it's as good as any of the other muck they serve up as beer here. How about walking past members of the family and completely ignoring them? I finally trained them to say SDK and now find myself ignoring them. Don't get me into driving the car, I think I drive like a Thai, but I use the mirrors.

Drive like a Thai!! The frightening observation regarding so many who, when on a motorbike, come to a T junction at a main road and turn left without any sort of glance to the right, to see what traffic is incoming. Frightening...

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 5.7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

(edited/re-posted due to my inability to on my smartphone!)

Yes, but you EXPECT them to do that. What I didn't expect the other day was a Farang driving pretty fast without helmet who cut off my path as I was turning right . 'This is the way you're supposed to do it, stupid Thais'. He won't last long, A Thai probably would have had him off his bike as he wasn't driving like a Thai.

I agree absolutely about expecting drivers to make certain manoeuvres. While it doesn't make it right, it still makes me wince every time I see it.

A bit like following a groups of cars, you need to be looking towards the front of the group to see what's going on there, to try and anticipate what might happen, whereas most of the others just follow the brake lights of the vehicle in front, often causing those multi-vehicle shunts - especially at traffic lights.

I'm not claiming to be a clever/perfect driver, but here, you need to have eyes in every single direction!

Don't get me wrong, it's not meant as a whinge, but more of an observation - honest!

Your not wrong about needing eyes in every direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Archa,breakfast of champions.I drive like a Thai when visiting Oz the first few days,scare me mates.

• Like 1

who on earth would move to Isaan??? is this for real?

Who on earth would rent an over-priced, shoe box in Bangkok to call home?

Apparently millions!

and QUITE A FEW MORE HAPPIER PEOPLE LIVING IN ISAAN,. WHICH WE CALL 'HOME.'-thumbsup.gif

you couldn't pay me to live in Bangkok but living in some place like Isaan would be hell.

I for one will pay you to stay away.We don't need your type disturbing our lifestyle.

• Like 1

who on earth would move to Isaan??? is this for real?

Who on earth would rent an over-priced, shoe box in Bangkok to call home?

Apparently millions!

Not all can say that they lot him bike though.But they seem to be happy in their tiny little rooms.

Edited by sirchai

All good points until you mentioned Archa beer. Nobody drinks Archa beer unless it is free. smile.png

If you are to be assimilated you must drink Leo..number one beer in the northeast..by far....for locals.

Agree, love leo beer and as cold as possible and on ice.

• Like 1

All good points until you mentioned Archa beer. Nobody drinks Archa beer unless it is free. smile.png

If you are to be assimilated you must drink Leo..number one beer in the northeast..by far....for locals.

Agree, Leo beer is a great beer served chilled and on ice, very thirst quenching.

Live in khonkaen and love living here and very much assimilated into isaan.

• Like 1

i liked leo. my father in law suggested it in place of other beers (which i dislike). he said it is 'nim' (smooth, soft)... for me it was fine, and in 30 + temperatures, i drank it on ice and was thankfull for the ice too. (i hate ice in anything usually as it freezes my teeth, but hte ice melted in like two minutes).

but i assimilate in to anywhere quickly... as a matter of fact, now that i am at home sans husband sans kids and with three dogs, i ve been trying the royal canine bits... easier then cooking for one....