Obtaining visa at border - Pailin/Ban Pakard or Ban Laem/Daun Lem

If I simply turn up at Ban Pakard without a Cambodian Visa, how much will I be asked for for a Cambodian Visa. I cannot find any recent reports.

I just want to turn around and go back to Thailand.

I deliberately hid this topic in here so the thread, hopefully, would not be sidetracked by people ranting on about how they were "grilled" on re-entering Thailand. This is not the thread for that. There are many others.

So, if anybody has any recent experience, please feel free to share.

it is what it is,

If u have a few Cambodian visas in your passport they might only take the $20 but.....

I have never paid more but than i have also never just turned around and went back to Thailand

That is too high

well depends on where you are,

the laos visa is $30-35

Malaysia is free

Burma $10 to just turn around

crossed twice, but it was years ago, but i use that border to exit.and very easy

Now i use Osmach, as i can take my car in and BP wont let you

Not at the moment you wont as no vehicles of any kind are allowed to cross at Chong Chom only foot traffic with a valid passport. Hope it gets back to normal soon.

crossed twice, but it was years ago, but i use that border to exit.and very easy

Not at the moment you wont as no vehicles of any kind are allowed to cross at Chong Chom only foot traffic with a valid passport. Hope it gets back to normal soon.

Ban Pakkard to Prom will let cars in - at least in March they did there were plenty of Thai cars driving all the way up to Pailin. However, nearby Ban Laem/Daung does NOT allow cars to enter.

Ban Pakkard to Prom will let cars in - at least in March they did there were plenty of Thai cars driving all the way up to Pailin. However, nearby Ban Laem/Daung does NOT allow cars to enter.

With the new visa regulation, a junta as government, curfew regulation in place the army controls the border pass and calls the shots. What happened before May 22 at any crossing has no bearing on what is happening at this point in time.

• 1 month later...

With the new visa regulation, a junta as government, curfew regulation in place the army controls the border pass and calls the shots. What happened before May 22 at any crossing has no bearing on what is happening at this point in time.

I'm confused as to why Chong Chom is different but at Koh Kong, it's all normal and I have been there 4 times since the coup, basically 2 return trips (left at Had Lek, re-entered there 6 days later then a little under 2 weeks later did the same thing again). Thai vehicles are crossing from Had Lek to Koh Kong and back as usual, and so are Cambodian vehicles that are heading to Trat for shopping or occasionally Koh Chang. The number of Thai vehicles heading into Cambodia there is much higher than the other way round (same as in February) but you still see one or two Cambo vehicles driving between Trad and Had Lek and quite a few Cambo trucks or cars in Had Lek to pickup/drop off goods. The only thing that has changed at that border is that there are now 4 checkpoints manned by the military whereas previously there was only 1. They will probably stop you at 2 or 3 of these checkpoints but generally after a quick inspection wave you on.

they still charging 100/day?

giving u a red plastic plate for ur dash?

Yes - 100 Baht / day. Red plastic plate - haven't seen that one in a while. They certainly don't give it out if you come in on a motorcycle (I have been planning to enter by motorcycle) but by car I'm not sure, though I haven't seen any Thai drivers being given one, so probably that means no. But you'll have to try to find out for sure.

I'm confused as to why Chong Chom is different but at Koh Kong, it's all normal and I have been there 4 times since the coup, basically 2 return trips (left at Had Lek, re-entered there 6 days later then a little under 2 weeks later did the same thing again). Thai vehicles are crossing from Had Lek to Koh Kong and back as usual, and so are Cambodian vehicles that are heading to Trat for shopping or occasionally Koh Chang. The number of Thai vehicles heading into Cambodia there is much higher than the other way round (same as in February) but you still see one or two Cambo vehicles driving between Trad and Had Lek and quite a few Cambo trucks or cars in Had Lek to pickup/drop off goods. The only thing that has changed at that border is that there are now 4 checkpoints manned by the military whereas previously there was only 1. They will probably stop you at 2 or 3 of these checkpoints but generally after a quick inspection wave you on."

No confusion. Military calls the shots.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/741595-chong-chom-boarder-crossing-update/

Edited by khwaibah