Some of my photographs

Foxter

post-174282-14021694145018_thumb.jpg

I hope you like these, comments (constructive) are welcome

These are my first attempt of a shoot in a studio, on a live model. Found it fun but still learning

post-174282-14021695531763_thumb.jpgpost-174282-14021696000057_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Foxter
  • Like 1

First time in a studio? Good on you! Be careful, the ability to craft your own light comes at a prize - I've seen people turn into photo-junkies in less than 50 shots, and it will have a serious impact on your free time and your finances ...

Looking at your shots, rim-light alone would only be used for instructional purposes, but I think you know that already. If your key light is also your rim light, may I suggest that you use a reflector and point the rim light at the reflector and bring back some of the light as fill light. If you only have one light source (i.e speedlite) I would check out Rob Harringtons advice in this video:

where he demonstrates 16 setup using ONE flash.

With regards to the position of the model, as a rule of thumb, make sure the eye-lash of the far eye is visible. The model turns away too much on both the images, but that depends on what you're trying to do, of course. Posing the model (AND the models ability to be posed) is one of the keys to good shots.

As a first advice, I would advice you to make sure you have the means of setting up modifiers and fill light at 1:2 or potentially 1:4 ratio using a modifier and a reflector AND add a hair light. That is a simple look using two light sources that can create awesome shots.

Your shots looks great

• Like 1

You should be proud of those studio shots. I don't have experience of this side of photography but they look very good to me.

Great input from "Forethat"

Well done.

Lets see some more.

Edited by fimgirl
  • Like 1