Mae rim restaurants

Sydneycraig

'Steak of the Day' is pretty good. It is located in a block of shop-houses behind the centre of Mae Rim. You turn left at the lights if you are heading away from town, and drive a block, and then turn right into the shopping area. If you heading towards town, then you turn right at the lights, and right again. They do lunches as well as dinner, I believe.

'Steak of the Day' is pretty good. It is located in a block of shop-houses behind the centre of Mae Rim. You turn left at the lights if you are heading away from town, and drive a block, and then turn right into the shopping area. If you heading towards town, then you turn right at the lights, and right again. They do lunches as well as dinner, I believe.

+1

great restaurant. nice people, good food.

If you are looking for Thai food, the Hi-So Lanna is just up from the X-Centre (heading west) on the curve, and on your left, before the OPT offices, next to one of the ATV rental places. Not sure if anyone speaks English, but there are enough Farangs in and around Mae Raem that I suspect someone will be around who can help out with the ordering. It has become the local's (Thai people) top choice for dinner. Then a little further along the road on the right is the classic "The Beatles" restaurant that despite its irresistible theme, serves up good Thai food. The restaurant itself is a bit hidden behind the entrance from the main road. At the northeast entrance to the Mae Rim Plaza where Steak of Day is located is one of the best khao soi restaurants I know of. And up the main road on the east side of the 107 just before the turn to the Mae Sa Valley road is the See Paak, serving very good Thai and western food. All the above are more affordable than the very good Steak of Day, with a far less pretentious crowd, just don't expect a wine menu.

• Like 1

And up the main road on the east side of the 107 just before the turn to the Mae Sa Valley road is the See Paak, serving very good Thai and western food. All the above are more affordable than the very good Steak of Day, with a far less pretentious crowd, just don't expect a wine menu.

firstly the see pak,has run out of legs for a number of reasons and being a polite poster(most times that is) will keep it at that

steak of the day, a pretentious crowd?????????????laugh.png

well i am just a shitkicker, and fit in rather well therebiggrin.pngsmile.png

and a very nice morning to allsmile.png

• 4 years later...
13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Way too expensive.

119 bht for an omelette, 4x the Thai price.

Haha.

Not expensive in my opinion for a nice place and breakfast.  I actually had the omlete but ate it before I took the photos.  It was  very good.  Cappuccino 60 b.

Maybe the pancakes could fit your budget I think they were 69b.

You can order off the lunch/dinner menu at breakfast time also.

Anyway, I plan on going several times and try different items all looks good and reasonable for me.

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I can have a 200gm roast pork steak with a baked potato, peas and gravy for less than that.

You have go to be insane to pay those prices.

Cappuccinos are widely available for 30bht in that area.

I'm always gobsmacked at how foolish so many foreigners are with their money.

Why not eat at the Thai place just past the garage (and opposite the temple), 30-40bht for a decent meal and the owners speak good English as they used to live and work in NZ. Open 6pm until midnight.

Yes, sure I have lots of money and enjoy it.

Sorry you are not so fortunate and cannot appreciate a nice place and resort to frustrated negatively.

It is a good place.

Save up and give it a shot.  Or meet me there I will buy. ????

• Like 2

U r 2 foolish BritMan.  Let folks eat what they want and pay whatever price is needed.  Many folks on holiday spend 1000 baht per night for a hotel, whereas i could sleep at the Green Palace for half that cost.  But i don't condemn others who have more disposable income, or have differing tastes; i welcome the variety of life.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mahseer said:

There's a Thai fusion (their words) straight across from Steak Of The Day that is supposed to be very good but yet to visit. It's the same owner for both places I believe which should be good news.

I enjoyed this place more than SOTD, but both are operated by the same couple, who are very nice folks. Ray the chef owner used to work at the Four Seasons

On 1/31/2019 at 8:19 AM, jij said:

I enjoyed this place more than SOTD, but both are operated by the same couple, who are very nice folks. Ray the chef owner used to work at the Four Seasons

My observation is both of these places are poorly managed.

These were taken about 20 minutes ago.

A few people in SOTD, none in the other place.

SOTD has had the is same now dingy promotion board up for several months. I have no idea what they are thinking with a 4000 b steak you have to order a day in advance. Seems pretty ridiculous can't they offer another promotion??

To add, the last time I went there they told me they were completely out of steak..

Then there is the menu board across the street that looks like a child wrote it. Does not look fusion to me looks more like they are trying to attract the Chinese.

Anyway, I ate at Let It Be.  Very fresh big salad some chicken wings and my girl and I shared a delicious pizza I highly recommend it. 

IMG_20190201_181930684.jpg

IMG_20190201_181944233.jpg

IMG_20190201_182114641.jpg

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

My observation is both of these places are poorly managed.

These were taken about 20 minutes ago.

A few people in SOTD, none in the other place.

SOTD has had the is same now dingy promotion board up for several months. I have no idea what they are thinking with a 4000 b steak you have to order a day in advance. Seems pretty ridiculous can't they offer another promotion??

To add, the last time I went there they told me they were completely out of steak..

Then there is the menu board across the street that looks like a child wrote it. Does not look fusion to me looks more like they are trying to attract the Chinese.

Anyway, I ate at Let It Be.  Very fresh big salad some chicken wings and my girl and I shared a delicious pizza I highly recommend it. 

I can't say about the place across from SOTD because I haven't been there. But I've read the reviews and they are all good. Before this they had another restaurant there - a breakfast only place I believe. I never went there either but everyone liked it.

I've been going to SOTD since they opened and can't find any fault with them at all (other than prices rising more than average). The food is very well prepared there. They have many, many loyal Thai and foreign customers there.

That promotion board has been there since they opened.

• Like 1

I like SOTD and to me prices are about in line for quality of food for the dishes I have tried so no complaints but that 4,000baht steak does have me wondering.

I pay 1,200baht at Arnos for a 800gm tomahawk steak that is absolutely divine and enough for 2 and can't see the point of paying much more unless it's Argentinian which to me produces the finest beef along with the fancy stuff out of Japan. I'll pass but plenty else to enjoy.