American resident of Pattaya facing charges of sexually assaulting minors

webfact

If guilty, he would deserve to be drawn and quartered. I sure am disgusted to see a suspect of such a crime wearing a shirt depicting Canada's name on it. Happy the media clearly states his nationality as an American.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The guy has a screw loose to let himself get into this kind of trouble.

Or he was very pissed and needs to reign himself in.

Whatever, he is above the radar now and answers will not come easy.

I knew a guy, totally unrelated case, but thought the locals were watching him everywhere he went, even had a mental breakdown over it and needed to be repatriated back to his home country. Turns out he was right! The locals are always watching the falangs! Just because the place appears lawless and open for "anything", means nothing!

You play with these people, and you will pay!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This one sounds strange. Firstly the man is a Canadian. Secondly he is married and lives with his Thai wife - so I will wait out the result on this one.

LOL! And why, if the article states he is an American, would you surmise that he is Canadian? Please tell me your logic is not based on the shirt he's wearing.

facepalm.gif

Please tell me your logic is not based on the shirt he's wearing

I'm with you on that one. I have a t-shirt with a picture of Rambo (my littlte dog) on it. If that logic was correct then my ex-wife is right.

Here we go. All the "all Americans this, all Americans that" statements. As a Brit is winds me up when a Brit is hauled up and we all get tarred with the same brush. I KNOW it will wind up the Americans on here as they all get grouped in together. I know it winds up the Australians on here when the same happens to them, etc, etc

How about we discuss the issue and not the nationality this time round? That kind of conversation is only the domain of the knee-jerkers with nothing to add on the subject.

I could not agree more; however, look at the fodder for the nay-sayer:

HEADLINES Pattaya One June 9, 2014

usa-2

American resident of Pattaya facing charges of sexually assaulting minors

9th June, 2014

murder-6

American arrested in connection with Pattaya murder case

9th June, 2014

jump-1

Americans fatal fall from 21st floor Condo on Jomtien Beach

9th June, 2014

bomb-1

Pipe-Bomb found in North Pattaya street

9th June, 2014

- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/130919/american-resident-of-pattaya-facing-charges-of-sexually-assaulting-minors/#sthash.RroTfd6u.dpuf

Before condemning the guy ,what country he comes from is not the matter :every country has Pedophile scum!

Plus ,wait to see if he really did anything ,why were they not in the shelter but back roaming the streets , and as someone pointed out , wait for all the facts before condemning him. This just might be a scam that the two are working for a 3rd person.

Seems allot of people on here are w/o sin ,cause this guy would be stoned to death before the facts are totally uncovered

and reported !

It 'might' have been a trap. He 'might' be the worst kind of guy imaginable. And maybe it's both at once.

It just comes down to that one simple piece of advice in Thailand; whether it's about sex, marriage, business, you name it: Put the other person's long-term well being ahead of your own selfish fantasies, and this stuff simply won't happen to you. Period. And stay away from a place like Walking Street in Pattaya, for good measure.

Really, just about every horrible story like this, begins with a white man thinking his own fantasies are more important than someone else's reality: and surprise, that attitude leads everyone into something horrible. It's so basic.

Edited by John1thru10

Here we go. All the "all Americans this, all Americans that" statements. As a Brit is winds me up when a Brit is hauled up and we all get tarred with the same brush. I KNOW it will wind up the Americans on here as they all get grouped in together. I know it winds up the Australians on here when the same happens to them, etc, etc

How about we discuss the issue and not the nationality this time round? That kind of conversation is only the domain of the knee-jerkers with nothing to add on the subject.

The real issue here is that the American is wearing a "Canada 1867" shirt with a maple-leaf. I wonder if they could arrest him for trying to impersonate a Canadian. Throw the book at all Americans pretending to be Canadians!!!!

The whole Europe is wearing T-shirts, shoes and shorts and jeans and jackets, all saying USA or similar on them.....Does that make all these people americans????

I think not..

Glegolo

Well, it sure must. I have Hansum Man t-shirt.

• Like 1

The two boys had been staying at the Women and Child Shelter in Banglamung where they were being cared for following a previous case of sexual assault involving the pair.

Why do I get the feeling that these boys are operating some sort of a scam? They hang around walking Street and it is not the 1st time they have been sexually assaulted.

Don't get me wrong I hate kiddie fiddlers and if this guy did do anything to these kids then I say nail him up.

Personally I have a feeling the kids were working and got their customer and now see an opportunity to extort more money.

These KIDS are damaged goods and probably will be for life !

They do this because they don't know anything else. They have been violated at an early age and think it's normal behaviour . All because of rock spiders like this one. He is an adult therefore should have the control his urges.

It's the adults at fault not the broken children.

I hope it was just a thoughtless slip of the tongue, but o describe these children as "damaged goods" - a term historically used as a mysogynistic label for women who have lost their virginity - is inappropiate and unhelpful, implying they are some kind of commodity which has forever lost value.

This is precisely the kind of attitude which fosters feelings of guilt and self-loathing in children who have been sexually molested and can result in psychological problems and difficulty in forming normal adult relationships later in life.

• Like 1

=

I hope it was just a thoughtless slip of the tongue, but o describe these children as "damaged goods" - a term historically used as a mysogynistic label for women who have lost their virginity - is inappropiate and unhelpful, implying they are some kind of commodity which has forever lost value.

This is precisely the kind of attitude which fosters feelings of guilt and self-loathing in children who have been sexually molested and can result in psychological problems and difficulty in forming normal adult relationships later in life.

The OP clearly meant they are hurt psychologically by this. And that is obviously true. You would seriously rather play word games?

• Like 1

The guy has a screw loose to let himself get into this kind of trouble.

Or he was very pissed and needs to reign himself in.

Whatever, he is above the radar now and answers will not come easy.

I knew a guy, totally unrelated case, but thought the locals were watching him everywhere he went, even had a mental breakdown over it and needed to be repatriated back to his home country. Turns out he was right! The locals are always watching the falangs! Just because the place appears lawless and open for "anything", means nothing!

You play with these people, and you will pay!

You're totally right. In my neighborhood, I can truly sense that everyone knows the goings on at my place. And frankly, they aren't that exciting to know about, ha But, they do know, and they love to gossip. If they like you, and you're a truly nice guy, it's to your advantage. If not...well, you know.

This was the second time the "boys" have been assaulted...?

Seems there is a pattern here...did they try to escape the assault?

I don't like children being used for sexual favors...and I know they are under-aged...but there seems to be

some room for doubt...about whether they were "assaulted"...or "molested"...there is a difference...

I read. I digest the contents. I move on.

I am not a saint. I am not perfect. I try to do good each day to those I encounter. I work on my resentments.

It is a great day to be alive.

Easy Does it

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I actually know Chris, and I must say this sounds like a set up to me. I have only know him to be attracted to women not men or boys. My gut tells me this is a set up for cash. I hope the truth will prevail.

Setups with barely underage girls has been a routine here for years. Pure setup and extortion in some cases.

Chris has been working on a legal case against a guy in our building that was committing major fraud to build a roof top restaurant/bar illegally. This case is worth over a million dollars to the accused. As Chris was spearheading the case against the individual, it would be a great way to eliminate the prosecution by doing something like this to set him up. The devil is in the details but I have heard stories like this several times in Thailand. Personally I don't believe these charges.

Very interesting post. Thank you for bringing that one to our attention. Makes the story "flow" better!

This was the second time the "boys" have been assaulted...?

Seems there is a pattern here...did they try to escape the assault?

I don't like children being used for sexual favors...and I know they are under-aged...but there seems to be

some room for doubt...about whether they were "assaulted"...or "molested"...there is a difference...

I don't like children being molested, 'but...'

• Like 1

On the subject it would sound like a honey-trap. Wonder if it will settle for a cash sum and disappear into the ether?

I sincerely hope it was a honey trap. That way, no one important ever was going to get harmed, only the creepy looking fellow in the photo and others with his intentions.

If they use one of the several available options to disappear him or get him to disappear, it would be equally fine by me. Getting rid of him is a better option - in my opinion of course - than listening to all the "innocent until proven guilty" bleating, followed by allowing him free room and board until disappearing him anyhow.

What is it with the posts about "set-ups"? Whether underage boy or girl, who cares if it was a set-up? Only a sick man would even consider sex with a boy or girl who looked that young, even if he was told he/she was of the age of consent. I've said it before, the only difference between a guy paying to abuse underage boys/girls and the sex tourist who goes to bars to seek out the youngest looking girl possible to take home, is that the latter uses the protection of the bar to ensure an alibi.

• Like 1

I actually know Chris, and I must say this sounds like a set up to me. I have only know him to be attracted to women not men or boys. My gut tells me this is a set up for cash. I hope the truth will prevail.

Setups with barely underage girls has been a routine here for years. Pure setup and extortion in some cases.

Chris has been working on a legal case against a guy in our building that was committing major fraud to build a roof top restaurant/bar illegally. This case is worth over a million dollars to the accused. As Chris was spearheading the case against the individual, it would be a great way to eliminate the prosecution by doing something like this to set him up. The devil is in the details but I have heard stories like this several times in Thailand. Personally I don't believe these charges.

Very interesting post. Thank you for bringing that one to our attention. Makes the story "flow" better!

There is that too. Unfortunately, Pattaya and trouble that would not occur in many others places around the world, go hand-in-hand.

This place seems to be a magnet for the desperate poor used in many ways and on many levels to fix someones problems by creating a whole bunch of other problems to get in the way of the base problem or issue.

That, and of course the more than occaisonal guilty turn up here too because of reading about it in the media, then think they can get away with virtually anything!

We only rarely read about the guy at the centre of the story seeing real justice. Usually after a long time in jail!

This one sounds strange. Firstly the man is a Canadian. Secondly he is married and lives with his Thai wife - so I will wait out the result on this one.

One or more out of these three!!!!!

1 - Pure lie

2 - desperate defending americans in general...

3 - true - so where can I read that he is actually a canadian guy?????????????????????????

Glegolo

You can read it between the lines whistling.gif

Maybe they are doing it to get some spending money, but good thing is turn these guys in. Here's an idea: put a wire or give small recorders to the kids. Set up stings, let kids have a 1000. Would at least drive this kind of crime off the streets. Is chance for abuse by kids trying to get as much money as possible..... Kids have been damaged for sure, but perhaps bringing these guys to some sort of justice might help in the healing. Isn't that what drove Batman?

Reminds me of a bust I knew about in another country. Two falangs were found with two under-age girls. The four were in a park for 55 minutes and attempting to leave when they were met by several Police and Department of Child Welfare officers and a some photo-journalists. After suffering condemnation in newspaper, TV, and radio; spending the weekend in jail and US$2k each bail; they were ordered not to leave the country and they began over two years of spending thousands of dollars more on lawyers and courts fees.

It seems one girl was actually 18, a recovering drug addict, and using her younger sister's ID to stay in the Department of Child Welfare home. The other girl was only 15; however, she was first arrested at 13 for soliciting, had been involved in two previous under-age sex busts, and she too lived in the Department of Child Welfare home.

Just the accusation is enough to destroy someone. Most people consider an accused pedo to be guilty and nobody gives them the benefit of the doubt another crime might receive.

Example: you don't see any of the usual cop bashers on TV suggesting the police framed this guy. Only someone like you that actually knew him.

A finding of guilty in this case could include evidence by the young men that proves they were in his house or intimate knowledge of identifying physical features, etc since there is zero reason they should have such knowledge. Ofcourse, DNA from bodily fluids would be a clincher.

In the absence of evidence, then a fair trial might still be difficult to receive due to the heinous nature of the alleged crime.

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

Most (all?) people who identify as Americans, are citizens of the USA. It is just the way the English usage has come about.

This guy looks Canadian for some reason... can't quite put my finger on it.

And not yet any bashing for those "quality sexpat " ??????? this is so far worse than what russian, indian or chinese could do ... I hope this guy if proven guilty to end in those nice thai jails ....

I don't get what you're saying. Russians are invading/killing neighbors: Indians are in the news for raping/hanging from trees and killing girls; Chinese have killed millions in their 'cultural revolution'.