BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Briggsy

Cambodian e-visa

Dear travelers, we would like to inform you that the processing charge fee is raised additional USD2 more over the regular USD5, so the visa fee becomes USD20 + USD7 (processing charge). It has been started since 15th May 2014. Best Regards,

PLUS $3 cc charge

OK

In years of doing "U-Turns" there, i have never ever even being ask for this "same day 300 bahts charge", maybe things changed since last time i was there, about 6 months ago, i will let you know soon, eh eh

If you have your choice of border points, might want to consider one other than Poipet/Aran as that is the most congested.

1. Yes - $30 is right

2. No - no additional fees, if anyone asks look politely surprised and say no.

3. Yes - it will save you time, perhaps 10 minutes at that time of day at the most. But it's easier than dealing with immigration.

4. I do the Poipet border regularly at that time of morning. If it's a holiday in Cambodia or Thailand - it can take 4-5 hours round trip. If it's not a holiday it should take 45 minutes each way. Most of which is walking the 1 km gap between the two border posts.

Sorry to resurect this topic, I applied for my e=visa a week ago and still no sign (they said 3 working days) I did get the correct site (I believe)

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/Default.aspx

How long have others taken to get their e-visa issued?

Sorry to resurect this topic, I applied for my e=visa a week ago and still no sign (they said 3 working days) I did get the correct site (I believe)

That is the one I have previously used.

A week is too long. Try the online help or email them.

How soon will I receive my Visa if I apply online?

No more than 3 business days, if it's approved.

That is the one I have previously used.

A week is too long. Try the online help or email them.

How soon will I receive my Visa if I apply online?

No more than 3 business days, if it's approved.

Thanks

I have e-mailed and asked them whats up.

Maximum 3 days.
This is one of the first lines you can read on the link you posted :

"Any applicant has not received e-Visa certificate through email please kindly download it at Check & Change"

so, i would do that if i was in you....just click and fill in the required fields

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/CheckChange.aspx

Ohh and as an update to my last post, there is no 300 B charge for same day return, so, whoever was charged for it, you have just been scammed...ta-taaaaaaann big surprise! They will ALLWAYS try to scam you for any reason they can think of, if you just let them.

I go to the check-change page and all my information has now vanished,all that is left is thew fact that I have paid. Hopefully its because they are now processing it

Obviously my e-mail got someone's attention as the visa has just been issued.

Thanks for the advice.

RabC

I recently got an e-visa ------ I had many before. Total charge is now 40 USD. Crossing border at Koh Khong was very slow. Took nearly 1 hour, and I already have a visa. In the past it was much faster, less than 20 minutes. They are now charging 1500 baht for visa on arrival people.

It seems there is little advantage now in having an e-visa. Shame.

Hello, where is the closest beach to an airport in Cambodia? Sianookville? And can we enter with evisa or visa on arrival? What is the best choice of visa? Thank you guys.

Shv airport ONLY for flights to Siem Rep 3-4 days/week

from outside Cambodia;

otherwise u fly into PP ( 3-6 hours to the beach) taxi or Bus

or Siem Reap ( 4-6 hours to PP) than onward

Get a visa at the border /airport where you arrive $30

Up to you, evisa or visa on arrival.

Evisa costs a little more but saves time and pages in your passport, which may or may not be of concern to you.

Personally I always get evisa because the time saved is worth it to me plus I am verging in a full passport and can't get any more pages added. The visa on arrival takes up a whole page.