A Small House Or Large Apartment In A Central Area

Larry

Does anyone know of a large apartment (2 BR) or small house in central CM, simple and reasonably priced? Immeidiate occupancy.

Please contact me at [email protected]

Large appartments are few and expensive. Small houses (townhouse/rowhouse) are plentiful and cheap. Best way is probably to go drive around in an area you like and follow up on any houses for sale/rent. If really central in-town (old city, towards the river, etc) then you won't find that many, especially not if it also has to be cheap. But just around it's very easy to find something.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Saw this ad today, online...Ad is only a couple of days old...

TO RENT WOODEN BUNGALOW IN LARGE GARDEN PART FURNISHED. 1-BEDROOM, SITTING ROOM, KITCHEN, BATHROOM, PHONE, HOT WATER. EXCELLENT LOCATION 2 KMS FROM PHUCOME HOTEL, CHANG KHIAN SOI 9. RENT BAHT 3500 PER MONTH, LONG LEASE PREFERRED. CONTACT KHUN KANCHANA (053) 221498 1800-2000 HRS OR 01-671-5676

On more lead...

There is a guy who advertises in CityLife as 'CM Habitat'....I don't have the mag around, but if you can find his ad, he's great at finding cheap houes...He found 2 houses for myself and my wife...Very nice guy. I think his name is Teera.

Good luck.

Saw this ad today, online...Ad is only a couple of days old...

TO RENT WOODEN BUNGALOW IN LARGE GARDEN PART FURNISHED. 1-BEDROOM, SITTING ROOM, KITCHEN, BATHROOM, PHONE, HOT WATER. EXCELLENT LOCATION 2 KMS FROM PHUCOME HOTEL, CHANG KHIAN SOI 9. RENT BAHT 3500 PER MONTH, LONG LEASE PREFERRED. CONTACT KHUN KANCHANA (053) 221498 1800-2000 HRS OR 01-671-5676

This apartment is for rent by my landlord (a retired Thai Army Intelligence Corps Colonel), his 2KM estimate is a trifle conservative and a bit shocking to see he's lost his map reading/ground measuring skills.

For them that know the city - go half way from the Phucome to the 700 year stafium along the klong road, swing left and keep going up for a (helluva long) way and you'll find it. Reckon on around 6km to the nearest pint of the moat (old city perimeter) and don't even think about it without your own motorised transport and fluent Thai skills - not many farangs up there.

He's also got the house next to mine up for rent, 1 minute from Chang Puak Gate inside the moat, 5 minutes walk from the Irish Pub (maybe 7-8 to Thapae Gate) and 2-3 minutes to 3 Kings monument. 2 bedroom (upstairs) with a bathroom there that becomes en-suite (i.e. 2 doors into it) if you only use one bedroom. Downstairs = large kitchen/diner, lounge, large bathroom and useful large understairs storage. Front and back yards (not gardens). Convenient for eberywhere and three soi shops within 50 yards, 7-eleven 2 minutes away with ATM, post office 3 minutes. all times nbased on walking, quicker on a bike, slower in a car :o

Gaz