Bangkok: 2,500 cars wheel-clamped in one day on Tuesday

webfact

Law and order can be profitable. What does it cost to get a clamp off?

Possibly enough to help pay for some essential police services such as clamping illegally parked cars and towing them.

Positive returns for positive actions with positive comments.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bangkok is a big mess which needs to be cleaned and this cannot be acheived by little by little. A big coup !!! Then everybody will think twice !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Another strategy would be to stop the rampant expansion of 7-Elevens, they aim to eventually open 25,000 in Thailand are getting close to that. Outside every single one you will find a car double parked even though a free parking space, kerbside, exists 10m down the road. TIT.

As far as I know, the drivers of the cars make the decision to double park and not anyone associated with a commercial enterprise.

But then again, I don't double park, I'm not the police and I don't monitor who parks outside of every 7-Eleven.

• Like 1

Another strategy would be to stop the rampant expansion of 7-Elevens, they aim to eventually open 25,000 in Thailand are getting close to that. Outside every single one you will find a car double parked even though a free parking space, kerbside, exists 10m down the road. TIT.

I saw just about the whole of Soi 23 at a standstill because some nutter parked his car to go into a 7-11.

I wonder how the cop on the street is taking to this. They have been under pressure not to ruffle feathers of anyone above the poor person, but surely at least one of the 2500 cars belonged to a hi so person.

Seems like a real bind for street cops who are trained to pussyfoot around important people. Go Army !

Who says the army don't have connections with important people.

Give it a year and see how many they are clamping then. wink.png

A year hell........ I give it a month.

you guys are very slow learners,

this is now a military dictatorship,

it is not going to get better,

the worst is coming

Sounds like you're on the slower end, or new arrival not to see the close relations the army have with some very high-up places. Not to mention all the progress in the last few weeks that wasn't done in decades, since the time of Jamlong ( real leader, but shafted by Thaksin). And in turn, their leadership prevents evil forces from returning to the scene to stir up instability and more graft and problems. Deeper than that, we're not at leisure to discuss. Speak for yourself before calling others retarded might be a good start..

Things are shaping up. Have a look around!

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 2

wheel-clamp-001.jpg

Thai will learn to always have a saw in the trunk of the car wink.png

Why post a picture of someone committing an offence who is clearly not a Thai then suggest it was?

Where is it suggested it is a Thai in the picture?

In the MMarlow's mind. It's what happens to people when they become too comfortable with knee jerk reactions.

• Like 1

Almost certainly not as many, but that would be either it was a one day wonder or there are only a few cars to clamp as most drivers will abide by the traffic laws.

Still think the next purge should be on un licenced drivers, take their vehicles (motor bikes/cars/trucks) of them.

wheel-clamp-001.jpg

Thai will learn to always have a saw in the trunk of the car wink.png

Why post a picture of someone committing an offence who is clearly not a Thai then suggest it was?

It doesn't much matter as the guy is committing two criminal misdemeanor offenses whether in Thailand or elsewhere: criminal trespass on government property, and destroying public property.

law and order comes to thailand

we'll see how happy all the Thai's are when they start abandoning their cars and stop paying on them with money they no longer have from jobs they no longer have

pain has come to thailand, but, it is like banging your foot,,

it doesnt hurt right away, but you know it is coming

sadly, too many dont believe it yet,

but wait

Horrible analogy.

It's more like a festering wound that has been slowly killing the patient and a doctor recommends immediate amputation. Thailand's problems didn't start with the coup and would have likely caused a lot more harm if the back and forth between yellows and reds had been allowed to continue. You can't keep bringing the government to its knees every 2 or 3 years without harming the economy. Sure, you can limp or buy a wheelchair but if your foot is rotting, those are stopgap measures. Eventually you're going to have to bite the bullet and cut that sucker off before it kills the patient.

And for anyone who argues that Thailand's economy isn't doing that poorly . . . imagine where the Thai economy would be right now if politicians over the last 20 or 40 years had been more focused on bettering the lives of Thais than lining their own pockets or holding onto power.

Scratch that . . . don't think about how Thailand could have prospered. Too many TV members wouldn't be able to afford living in Thailand if the quality of life was raised to Hong Kong or Singapore levels :-)

Does anyone know if the man with the hacksaw managed to get away with it, or did he have to cop both the fine and pay for the damage to the clamp.

If it was in London, they probably had 3 CCTV cameras recording the entire event. My guess is he had to pay a lot.

A year hell........ I give it a month.

you guys are very slow learners,

this is now a military dictatorship,

it is not going to get better,

the worst is coming

News for you. Things have already got 'better'.

Edited by NeilSA1

law and order comes to thailand

we'll see how happy all the Thai's are when they start abandoning their cars and stop paying on them with money they no longer have from jobs they no longer have

pain has come to thailand, but, it is like banging your foot,,

it doesnt hurt right away, but you know it is coming

sadly, too many dont believe it yet,

but wait

Yep, at long last, law and order comes to Thailand. thumbsup.gif

they want to have a stroll down soi 4, you cant move for bloody scooters parked between the no parking bollards, hundreds of them, and perhaps these dam street vendor blocking the roads and the pavements, it has got to epidemic proportions now, when one has to walk in the road, with the parked scooters it is getting like a one way street.