Yala: Young girl crushed to death by school gate

Young girl killed by gate
The Nation

30236121-01_big.jpg

YALA: -- A three-year-old kindergartener was crushed to death by a faulty school gate yesterday morning in Yala's Yaha district.

Ni-ainee Sengmasu was walking into Ban Lak Khet School at around 8am when the heavy iron gate fell on her.

Parents and rangers rushed the girl to Bannang Sata Hospital but she succumbed to a head injury.

Acting school director Kodiyah Kadey said the school was sorry and was ready to assist the girl's family.

She said the gate had been broken for a while and school staff tried to keep it in a usable condition.

She said the school would fix the gate soon to prevent a reoccurrence of the tragedy.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-13

"She said the school would fix the gate soon to prevent a reoccurrence of the tragedy."

What is the Thailand definition of "Soon"?

Most of you already know.....so when will the gate get fixed?

In the meantime, expect more injuries and deaths

Amazing Thailand

3 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not post what I'd like to say and do....it's illegal and violates site rules....I'd get a warning and probably a suspension

I'll probably get one anyways.....

Awful.

How many children die while in the care of a Thai school every year? :huh:

Besides the 4 who died a few days ago when hit by the director's truck, I remember the poor 3 yr old locked in the van all day because she fell asleep on the seat and the driver and teacher locked the van for the day because they didn't see her. And the one who fell out of the moving van because the driver had a 10 yr old student man the door until he got off at his house, then there was no one manning it and the young student fell out.

Awful stuff.

• Like 1

"She said the school would fix the gate soon to prevent a reoccurrence of the tragedy."

A little late now. Total complete apathy when it comes to safety.

Nobody gives a shit about anything here, only about not spending money, for what ever reason..........sad.png

What is the Thailand definition of "Soon"?

Most of you already know.....so when will the gate get fixed?

In the meantime, expect more injuries and deaths

Amazing Thailand

3 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not post what I'd like to say and do....it's illegal and violates site rules....I'd get a warning and probably a suspension

I'll probably get one anyways.....

It's worth a bollocking to reiterate absolute disgust in the "manyana" approach to safety the TITS have.

I'll never understand the fascination with the massive stone walls and enormous steel gates that encircle almost every house or building in this country.

Often the illusion/projection of wealth even when there isn't anyway.

These gates are only held true by a small latch screwed to the wall. In schools/public places they should also have a separate brace over the top. Pathetic they left it broke even for here. Person in charge of school should be sent down.

• 3 weeks later...