England vs Italy - Sun 15 June, 05:00 am - Match Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Danny Welbeck looks set to feature in this game having been declared fit by England manager Roy Hodgson.

Mario Balotelli has recovered from a hernia problem to be in contention for a place in the starting line up for Italy.

England kick off their Brazilian dream against Italy, the same opponents who ended their hopes in the last major tournament.

Hodgson and England will want to keep a close eye of Italy's majestic playmaker Andre Pirlo, ensuring that the Italian isn't allowed to dictate the tempo of the game and pull the strings for Italy.

This current crop of players is the second youngest England squad to go to the World Cup, behind the squad of 1958.

I`m excited about this match but I can`t see England winning this one. Even though Italy isn`t the same as they once was, they are stronger than England. England is even further from what it once was.

I think these will be the key players in for each of the teams in the World Cup (and the most expected/relied on players that will flop):

England: Joe Hart, Luke Shaw, Gary Cahill, James Milner, Steven Gerrard, Raheem Sterling (Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck will flop)
Italy: Leonardo Bonucci, Giorgio Chiellini, Maro Verratti, Antonio Candreva, Andrea Pirlo, Daniele De Rossi, Antonio Cassano, Ciro Immobile (none)

Sorry guys...

England 0 - 3 Italy

• Like 1

Planning on watching the game on Thai TV with the sound down with English commentary from Radio 5 Live on my laptop using expatshield to get a UK IP address.

If that doesn't work then I'll be paying for thaiexpattv.

4-0 to England :-)

Try hola in Chrome browser. Automatically assigns an IP address for you. Works a treat. I watched the entire game last night on BBC1

• Like 2

Roy has spoken:

"We want support from back home and for people to believe," said Hodgson.

"If it doesn't go that well for us, it's not for any other reasons than it didn't happen for us on the night."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27797178

Well done, Roy. Nothing to do with being outclassed, the wrong team selection or your tactics.

Sounds slightly desperate to me.

• Like 1

Is Roy gonna let the kids off the leash or should I cancel the 4:55AM wake up call ? I ain't interested in watching a game played in the middle third when I could be sawing some much needed logs.saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCd.gif

Roy has spoken:

"We want support from back home and for people to believe," said Hodgson.

He mustn't have heard or seen Cameron's rousing good luck speech. It was pathetic though, so I don't blame Roy for ignoring it.

Sickening.

Wonderful.

Was looking forward to watching this game as it is now on free to air, but my missus has thrown a spanner in the works, friends of ours son in udon thani is going to be a monk, so i will have to leave at 5am from khonkaen to get there at 6am, how bloody inconsiderate.

England 1-0 for me lads.

Was looking forward to watching this game as it is now on free to air, but my missus has thrown a spanner in the works, friends of ours son in udon thani is going to be a monk, so i will have to leave at 5am from khonkaen to get there at 6am, how bloody inconsiderate.

England 1-0 for me lads.

My prediction as well. Sturridge or Sterling sell one in the box and Stevie nails the PK (or maybe Lambert).

So what are people doing? Getting a few hours shut eye beforehand and setting the alarm early or soldering on all the way through?

I've had about 6hrs sleep in two days and if I carry on like this I won't make it to the last 16!

I'll be setting the alarm for 4am.

Then it's

EN-GER-LAND

EN-GER-LAND

EN-GER-LAND