England vs Italy - Sun 15 June, 05:00 am - Match Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

I've got a feeling this lot may just surprise a few people. Lets start with the Italians.....

I've been reading the hype on MSN, now I'm beginning to believe it. For me Rooney has a lot to put right. Even he is saying he can do it.

I just hope so.

Just dug my English shirt out and dusted it down.

jb1

• Like 1

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what are people doing? Getting a few hours shut eye beforehand and setting the alarm early or soldering on all the way through?

I've had about 6hrs sleep in two days and if I carry on like this I won't make it to the last 16!

I'll be setting the alarm for 4am.

Then it's

EN-GER-LAND

EN-GER-LAND

EN-GER-LAND

Yep I will be sitting up in bed with my freshly laundered England shirt on.

jb1

England to lose for the same reasons as in the past 40 years, they can't keep the ball, and can't win it back easily, so the Italians will do what every other European team has done since 1970, run 'em ragged by passing the ball across the park, then hit them on the counter.

Italy 2 - 1 England

• Like 2

Planning on watching the game on Thai TV with the sound down with English commentary from Radio 5 Live on my laptop using expatshield to get a UK IP address.

If that doesn't work then I'll be paying for thaiexpattv.

4-0 to England :-)

Try hola in Chrome browser. Automatically assigns an IP address for you. Works a treat. I watched the entire game last night on BBC1

Edited by bobwat

Roy has spoken:

"We want support from back home and for people to believe," said Hodgson.

He mustn't have heard or seen Cameron's rousing good luck speech. It was pathetic though, so I don't blame Roy for ignoring it.

Sickening.

I didn't need to watch the video to know that it's stomach churning. "Call me Dave" isn't a man of the people but a pathetic upper class knobhead who tries hard at acting like a normal bloke.

Rant over and good luck to England as we'll certainly need it. Woy deserves a result as he's a decent chap at the end of the day. Please England don't let your manager and us down too.

PS. Forgot to mention that anyone in the Phatthalung area (not an area renowned for its expat community but may be passing through) looking for a beer, real coffee and maybe a home made pizza should PM me.

Edited by schondie

Planning on watching the game on Thai TV with the sound down with English commentary from Radio 5 Live on my laptop using expatshield to get a UK IP address.

If that doesn't work then I'll be paying for thaiexpattv.

4-0 to England :-)

Try hola in Chrome browser. Automatically assigns an IP address for you. Works a treat. I watched the entire game last night on BBC1

Or watch it on True in HD - Channel 668. English commentary.

Guys please remeember Italy have not won there last 7 games so they are not in good form, England do have a young squad and some good players who are the future of England, Rooney will need to shine in this world cup as it will be his last, no one wants a fat 32 at the next world cup. Also this might be the last worlds cup for Gerrard & Lampard so they will give it there all.

I think England will win 2-1 and they will make it to the quarter finals, remember if they win the group they will have easy teams to play in the second round.

...PS. Forgot to mention that anyone in the Phatthalung area (not an area renowned for its expat community but may be passing through) looking for a beer, real coffee and maybe a home made pizza should PM me.

Thank you, but no thank you,... not with this avatar...

Raheem Sterling will start for England against Italy in their World Cup opener in Manaus tonight, according to Sky sources.

The Liverpool winger will start on the right wing in place of Adam Lallana, but England will otherwise be unchanged from the team which started in the 0-0 draw with Honduras in their last warm-up match.

There are no surprises at the back, with Joe Hart in goal and the now well-established back four of Glen Johnson, Leighton Baines, Phil Jagielka and Gary Cahill.

Skipper Steven Gerrard and Liverpool team-mate Jordan Henderson will provide the steel in midfield, with Sterling providing the width on the right and Manchester United's Danny Welbeck on the left.

Wayne Rooney will start, operating behind Daniel Sturridge in an attacking England line-up full of pace.

Italy earlier confirmed that their captain and goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon will miss the match because of an injury.

Team: Hart, Johnson, Baines, Jagielka, Cahill, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Welbeck, Rooney, Sturridge

Anybody?? How can I get English commentary?

You won't on Thai TV I believe,there is English commentary on the RS channel Truevisions 668.

Channel 8 has English commentary also.

Edited by stoneyboy