News from one of Bangkok's safety box services

I thought I commented in a previous post (a few years ago) that I was concerned about the future of the non-bank safety box company in the United Centre on Silom - because to my observation the proprietor had 'one foot in the grave'

Well, now he has two feet. As in six feet under. Or burned to a crisp.

The new 'guards' are even less professional looking than the old contracted in ones. Will the business survive under his widowed Thai wife's management? Time will tell, but I am glad I moved my valuables out.

"Wouldn't you feel safer to use a commercial banks safety box instead?"

Yes, but depending on where you are, and what bank you want to use, they may not have boxes available for you.

Not positive, but I think they'll put you on a 'wait' list.

And you will have to buy one of those rip-off 15 or 20 year life insurances in addition to the box fees.

Which bank put this requirment ?

Only the imaginary one that puts the voices in his head.

• 3 weeks later...

I have looked inside a TT Exchange vault for security boxes and it looks pretty safe to me.

Please elaborate - what is a TT Exchange vault?

A room with locked metal barred access.

You mean, like a prison?  I was actually hoping for clarification here!  Why do you refer to such a thing as a "TT Exchange"?

• 1 month later...

I have looked inside a TT Exchange vault for security boxes and it looks pretty safe to me.

Please elaborate - what is a TT Exchange vault?

A room with locked metal barred access.

You mean, like a prison? I was actually hoping for clarification here! Why do you refer to such a thing as a "TT Exchange"?

TT Exchange looks a bit dodgy though with those exchange units, if that new company really have 24/7 security I would consider that one. Feels a bit more safe for me but nobody have any reviews?

• 6 years later...