World Cup Forum

smokie36

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could we just keep this as a World Cup forum in the football forum for us regulars, really not ars-ed navigating away

i'm up for that. as previously feared the world cup forum is a lot like walking into a london pub this month.

I enjoy fencing with the dumber Limeys.smile.png

• Like 2

Could we just keep this as a World Cup forum in the football forum for us regulars, really not ars-ed navigating away

i'm up for that. as previously feared the world cup forum is a lot like walking into a london pub this month.

haha. i can't be arsed mate, life's too short. i'll get enough of that in the pub on thursday evening.

• Like 1

Yes me too....and I know you're a crafty bugger!

Yes me too....and I know you're a crafty bugger!

Pure as the driven snow Smokes !

Anyone got a dark horse tip worth throwing a few bob on or can see a favourite emerging after round 1?

france look interesting. but i quietly fancied them pre-tournament. not sure if they've got enough quality to go all the way though, semis perhaps.

• Like 2

Tried all this, and a reinstall in both iPhone and iPad and still no change.

Since there are two issues being discussed on here, need to make it clear which one you are having problems with. Clearing cache or re-install of the app fixed the missing World Cup Forum listing under News. The other problem is link not working in the pinned topic pointing to the WCF. That one haven't found a solution yet and seems several are seeing it on various versions of Android.

The link is the issue I have. I've cleared cache and reinstalled too, but as you mention you haven't found a solution yet anyway.

Cheers for your help though, I may just stay in here with the usual suspects.

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Anyone got a dark horse tip worth throwing a few bob on or can see a favourite emerging after round 1?

Chile has been my dark horse. I guess we'll see tonight.

Hmmm Chile, looking forward to the match tonight.

Chile, a counter attacking powerhouse and Spain supposedly is going to be more attacking themselves tonight. But who with ? Costa ? Nah. Torres ? Please. Maybe Pedro. At any rate, if Spain leaves themselves vulnerable Chile will hop on them like P45 on a bottle of Old Grand-Dad.

Chile, a counter attacking powerhouse and Spain supposedly is going to be more attacking themselves tonight. But who with ? Costa ? Nah. Torres ? Please. Maybe Pedro. At any rate, if Spain leaves themselves vulnerable Chile will hop on them like P45 on a bottle of Old Grand-Dad.

Haha, well they have to go for it so it should be an entertaining match. If Spain through enough at Chile maybe they will crack. I'm hoping end to end stuff. Really enjoyed that Swiss match the other night against Ecuador, that was entertaining.

Unbelievable, the Aussies are holding their own against the Dutch....actually winning 2-1 now.

They must have a conditioning advantage, playing their domestic football in summer (mental), not to take anything from their performance they are bossing it

Since there are two issues being discussed on here, need to make it clear which one you are having problems with. Clearing cache or re-install of the app fixed the missing World Cup Forum listing under News. The other problem is link not working in the pinned topic pointing to the WCF. That one haven't found a solution yet and seems several are seeing it on various versions of Android.

The link is the issue I have. I've cleared cache and reinstalled too, but as you mention you haven't found a solution yet anyway.

redrus

Can you not see "World Cup 2014" under the top level category "News"?

redrus

Can you not see "World Cup 2014" under the top level category "News"?

My phone offered me an update to TV yesterday..when I clicked on that the World Cup Forum was on it.

Let's hope Sterling has more joy finding the goal.

My granny, who just happens to have had a Uruguayan uncle, disagrees with this and hopes he hits the corner flag a few times.

I can' t repeat the rest of what she said...but she is laughing heartily now bless her! biggrin.png

• Like 1

Let's hope Sterling has more joy finding the goal.

My granny, who just happens to have had a Uruguayan uncle, disagrees with this and hopes he hits the corner flag a few times.

I can' t repeat the rest of what she said...but she is laughing heartily now bless her! biggrin.png

Lucky rebound off the corner flag and Rooney could score. facepalm.gif

Best tell granny we have a boy called the OX. Translates well into Spanish.

High drama later I think.

Unbelievable, the Aussies are holding their own against the Dutch....actually winning 2-1 now.

They must have a conditioning advantage, playing their domestic football in summer (mental), not to take anything from their performance they are bossing it

But, amazingly, it was only 15 degrees at that southern stadium during the match (per the commentary team). No climate excuses for the poor Dutch performance.

Shame the Aussies had such a tough group but it would have been murder in my local bars in Thailand had Australia got thru and England ..... (better stop there or Carmine will be on my casetongue.png)

Cahill's goal was spectacular but I reckon the first Chile goal is game of the season worldwide - breath-taking team work and such an iconic moment in the history of football as tikka-taka died in an onslaught of total football.

(what now for Arsenal, Arsene?)

(Chile now the confirmed no 1 dark horse but I would still put my money on Germany - the climate thing is not proving as bad a deterrent as I expected)

But, amazingly, it was only 15 degrees at that southern stadium during the match (per the commentary team). No climate excuses for the poor Dutch performance.

Shame the Aussies had such a tough group but it would have been murder in my local bars in Thailand had Australia got thru and England ..... (better stop there or Carmine will be on my casetongue.png)

Cahill's goal was spectacular but I reckon the first Chile goal is game of the season worldwide - breath-taking team work and such an iconic moment in the history of football as tikka-taka died in an onslaught of total football.

(Chile now the confirmed no 1 dark horse but I would still put my money on Germany - the climate thing is not proving as bad a deterrent as I expected)

That was a fantastic goal by Cahill, if only their keeper was a bit better at least the 3rd goal could have been saved.

Chile are great to watch, was a great display again yesterday.

Yeah the players don't seem to be falling over knackered as expected.

Now England....see if they can deal with the diving, cheating, racist, cannibal! Imagine if Suarez gets an ill gotten late winner, hell fire!!

Edited by BangrakBob

That was a fantastic goal by Cahill, if only their keeper was a bit better at least the 3rd goal could have been saved.

Now England....see if they can deal with the diving, cheating, racist, cannibal! Imagine if Suarez gets an ill gotten late winner, hell fire!!

i want suarez to punch the winning goal in and then run to the bench and bite hodgson's head off.

think england will beat urugual though FWIW. uruguay really aren't that strong this tournament and i don't believe suarez is anywhere near 100% fit.

i want suarez to punch the winning goal in and then run to the bench and bite hodgson's head off.

think england will beat urugual though FWIW. uruguay really aren't that strong this tournament and i don't believe suarez is anywhere near 100% fit.

Hahaha yep that would be brilliant.

I just want all LFC lads to pack up, go on holiday and get some rest than some proper training before August 16. Sweating a serious injury is going to strike any moment.

• Like 1