World Cup Forum

smokie36

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wellbeck useless <deleted> wasting space, Rooney another useless <deleted> wasting space, 300K a <deleted> week. Sterling through the middle as seen against Italy most effective <deleted> he has in that role. Roy clueless <deleted> wasting time

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

So, with Gerrard's header to play Suarez on, thanks very much Liverpool!!

And if it wasn't him Suarez would have done someone else or something else. If England can't beat an ordinary Uruguay side and a half fit Suarez they don't deserve any more than they got. We are very very average

• Like 1

Not to annoy the Liverpool supporters, but you could make a case that Gerrard cost them the EPL title as well as costing England any chance of progressing in the WC. In some ways I don't blame him but rather the idea that he is a consistently competent DM at his age. He just isn't and I think its clear to see. Despite playing very well in that position at times he is too often found lacking. A real shame as he seems a stand up guy.

But in the end enough blame to go around. Jag was damn near invisible and though I can't stand him, Terry's grit was missed.

• Like 1

"Italy are not the team they were - they're there for the taking".

"Uruguay are ordinary and Suarez is not fit - they're there for the taking"

Bu$$er it, think I'll give up watching the national teamsad.png

Costa plays for Mourinho.

End of.

smile.png

And it won't be ticky tacky.

thumbsup.gif

that'll be a relief cos it didnt look like he could/wanted to play for spain!

Yep. Miserable world cup for Costa. Don't think Fabregas even got on the pitch did he?

Might be wrong.

Current Spanish domination looks over.

Mind you, there were clues a year ago at the Confed Cup.

Head says Argentina this time. Heart says Brazil.

Not to annoy the Liverpool supporters, but you could make a case that Gerrard cost them the EPL title as well as costing England any chance of progressing in the WC. In some ways I don't blame him but rather the idea that he is a consistently competent DM at his age. He just isn't and I think its clear to see. Despite playing very well in that position at times he is too often found lacking. A real shame as he seems a stand up guy.

But in the end enough blame to go around. Jag was damn near invisible and though I can't stand him, Terry's grit was missed.

He's not a DM, he is playing a deeper role, a more controlling role but still an attacking role. He adapted to this to suit BR's style of play and did so very quickly and with huge success.

With 13 Goals and 15 Assists you really couldn't make a case for anything other than without him we would have not made the top 4.

Here's a stats table of top 10 performing players in the EPL 2013/14

post-102811-0-40088500-1403258268_thumb.

credit: Squawka.com

Edited by BangrakBob

Unbelievable, the Aussies are holding their own against the Dutch....actually winning 2-1 now.

They must have a conditioning advantage, playing their domestic football in summer (mental), not to take anything from their performance they are bossing it

BB only 6 members of the whole squad play their football in the A League in Australia so conditioning /heat has no relevance.

The majority are playing for clubs in Europe.

It was predicted before the competition commenced that there would be a hiding coming their way in every game in this group.

The lowest ranked, and one of the youngest in the competition, they have proved the doubters wrong and confirmed the braveness of the coach to invest in the future.

They may well finish up scoring more goals than England.

He's not a DM, he is playing a deeper role, a more controlling role but still an attacking role. He adapted to this to suit BR's style of play and did so very quickly and with huge success.

With 13 Goals and 15 Assists you really couldn't make a case for anything other than without him we would have not made the top 4.

Here's a stats table of top 10 performing players in the EPL 2013/14

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-06-20 at 12.56.18 PM.png

credit: Squawka.com

I hear you Bob. My point is that even though, as you point out, Gerrard isn't a DM, he ended up playing that role anyway. Probably more often than he wanted to.

Well whatever Gerrard is or isn't, he's not a Pirlo.

he isn't. never has been never will be. he was though spectacularly effective in the premier league last season. playing in a midfield three with two lads doing the closing down and running for him. so, naturally, hodgson played him in a two.

• Like 2

he isn't. never has been never will be. he was though spectacularly effective in the premier league last season. playing in a midfield three with two lads doing the closing down and running for him. so, naturally, hodgson played him in a two.

Surely playing in a 2 or a 3 shouldn't affect his passing, 76% success rate was dismal last night sad.png

Edited by alfieconn

Agree.

As you said before weeks ago.

Did we or did we not play like Liverpool?

Nope. I'm not quite sure what we did play tbh.

Blame the attack for missing chances.

Blame the defense for being poor.

Engine room looked fkcd to me.

4-2-4

facepalm.gif

over the years i've been a huge fan of gerrard his incisive passing xing and energy breaking through defences and overall contribution to engalnd aNd liverpool has been outstanding, but everything ive admired about him has been him attacking.. When i WATCH him perform deeper call it what u want but his duties in that position are primarilly defensive, and in his own half sori i just dont see an international quality player. and This aint a knee jerk reaction to last night I I've been saying it for ages.

• Like 1

over the years i've been a huge fan of gerrard his incisive passing xing and energy breaking through defences and overall contribution to engalnd aNd liverpool has been outstanding, but everything ive admired about him has been him attacking.. When i WATCH him perform deeper call it what u want but his duties in that position are primarilly defensive, and in his own half sori i just dont see an international quality player. and This aint a knee jerk reaction to last night I I've been saying it for ages.

Agree.

As an opponent in the EPL, no longer frightening.

Maybe time is up?

Good lad mind.

Quality.

Stevie G has looked very unhappy thru'out the WC preparations and over the last week. Either a confidence thing (after the disappointment of the season end at Anfield) or pressure of the captaincy or personal or a combination?.

I don't blame him for our exit even though he was clearly disappointing in contribution terms. Come to that I don't blame anyone.

Three months ago we were all saying that England were not good enough and would never get out of the group stages and that Roy Hodgson should try the youngsters out to bledd them in for the futire. That all happened, so ... pretty much as expected/to plan really. It'll all be better for the Euros ?? smile.png.

Disappointing that we could not get everyone working to the top of their ability but that's pretty rare in a team game in the absence of world class genius.

• Like 2

Maybe SS is right. We don't have the quality players?

There has only been one export from the UK in as long as I can remember, and he is Welsh.

11 Bales and we might be able to do something.

Euro 2016. Shaw, Lallana, Barkley, Sterling. Others?

Maybe the big clubs in Europe will want them.

But we aren't ready to compete at the top level atm I don't think, however good the manager.

So you reckon the Arsenal younger guns are not in the league of Southampton's one season wonders P45?

• If Willshere can break out of glass-legs teritory and get a full season in I'm convinced he will be a great player, but I understand why not many people think that after a frustrating season for him.
  • Ox is still a raw talent who is just as likely to be a world class player as the ones you quote.
  • Walcott will still have good pace (and even better judgement/finishing) at 27 yo for the Euros
  • I don't rate Baines above Gibbs once he gets in front of class right sided attackers either!

All in my gooner opinion of coursethumbsup.gif

• Like 1