D-d Day Midnight June 30

Khutan

Can i join as well?

Absolutely. :D

The more support for each other the better.

And Mobi... tomorrow is the 30th... dry from midnight OK?

We CAN all do it.

Jai Dee,

If you look at post No. 3 of this thread, you will see that I already did my 120 days and am now in the 'social drinking' stage. I did say that I am way ahead of you all, and already de-toxed and trying to get my drinking under much better control, so I can't be part of it, but in post 6 Khutan said that my input would still be welcome.

If you'd rather I stayed out, that's fine, I'll refrain from posting on this thread. Whatever you guys want is OK by me. :o

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, im in there and it's not joke. I am a female and have had lots of fun drinking men under the table, must be my irish blood!!

But now i am of a certain age i think its time to slow down. and get my life together. I am in a relationship with a guy who is in the AA for cocaine since 15 years sooooo this is something i can give to him to prove my love... by the way i am drinking at the moment and where i am it is 10am HOW SAD?

Jai Dee,

If you look at post No. 3 of this thread, you will see that I already did my 120 days and am now in the 'social drinking' stage. I did say that I am way ahead of you all, and already de-toxed and trying to get my drinking under much better control, so I can't be part of it, but in post 6 Khutan said that my input would still be welcome.

If you'd rather I stayed out, that's fine, I'll refrain from posting on this thread. Whatever you guys want is OK by me. :D

Sorry Mobi... I missed it. :D

I do scan a lot of posts a day and sometimes one or two slip under the carpet... :o

As far as I'm concerned, you're more than welcome to keep posting. Any encouragement we can collectively give each other has got to be good.

And congrats on the 120 days mate.

:D

My turn (or should I say 'our turn'?) next.

:D

Same with me, and also we are going to have a special place to talk and post soon so we can concentrate on the task at hand.

Can those who want to be part of the group please pm me their name OR post their name here

Well, im in there and it's not joke. I am a female and have had lots of fun drinking men under the table, must be my irish blood!!

But now i am of a certain age i think its time to slow down. and get my life together. I am in a relationship with a guy who is in the AA for cocaine since 15 years sooooo this is something i can give to him to prove my love... by the way i am drinking at the moment and where i am it is 10am HOW SAD?

Patyscat, we must share the same Irish Blood.. My Mother hails from Cork. :o

Anyway, honesty is the best policy... you have admitted that you have a problem and we are all behind you 100% :D

Alcohol is cunning powerful and baffling... if you drink at 10am you are no different from those that start at 6pm ..the outcome is the same.

It is NOT EASY to admit to a problem like this .. there are those that think we are just WEAK.. but we are not weak in other things.. many of us have been very sucessful in other aspects of our lives, but we just can't control our alcohol intake.. just one drink..is NEVER enough.

Yesterday I was quite happily going about my daily routine, only having had 2 beers in the last week...when I suddenly got this urge at 1pm to get shit faced.. I managed this with great aplomb.. By 4pm I was comatoze, in bed and did not wake up till 6am...... I never wanted to take that drink...it TOOK me.

Well tomorrow is our last day of drinking.. we must all try our best to quit from midnight on 30th.. wont be easy.. its a shitty date what with going out on saturday with the lads to watch England play.. but its something that just cannot be put off.

I have just had my first glass of wine .. I dont normally drink wine..but there was a bottle open in the fridge....and well waste not want not.. stupid... but it was just in there.. I dont know what I was looking for... Beer probably..... I did not think I had any then I find that the maid has located a dozen bottles of Chang from somewhere, so I have to get rid of them by tomorrow night, so I have stuck some in the Freezer to get them cold quickly......

Anyway I could go on..but my point is please Patsy.. JOIN US... we are NO BETTER or NO WORSE than you.

All you need to have is the DESIRE to stop.. if you have not got it...then you won't be able to do it

GOOD LUCK

TP

Now i have read all your stories i relate to many of them, I know i drink too much and it would be hard to give it up. but if i can do it with you guys then i shall try.

Can i give till the 7th? It's because i am going to the Montreux Festival to see Simply Red on the 5th?? Tickets cost me a for

"

Patsy, we would all drink if we were doomed to see simply red live..... :D UGH!!!

Nah, but, I didn´t expect to see you in here, and I´m pretty sure nobody expected me to be here, but here we are, in this boat, and in a funny sort of way, we ARE TOGETHER. Stick with us. Take your day off for whatever reason you may need, but stick with us, okay?

Can i join as well?

Absolutely. :D

The more support for each other the better.

And Mobi... tomorrow is the 30th... dry from midnight OK?

We CAN all do it.

Jai Dee,

If you'd rather I stayed out, that's fine, I'll refrain from posting on this thread. Whatever you guys want is OK by me. :o

Mobi, same as what I said to Patsy. Your 120 days will be of invaluable assistance to us who are starting, have just started, etc...

By my calculation, midnight on the 30th is either about an hour and a half away for thailand, or is it a day and an hour and a half? (I´m thirteen hours behind you guys here in guatemala)

Sorry, that question rephrased, Starting at the beginning of the 30th, or the end of the 30th? By my education, midnight on the thirtieth is tonight.

Edited by kayo

Enough thinking about it! I have read all the posts and once I get my mind past the "this is crap" stage, I realize there is a real point here and this is a real opportunity to set yourself free with a real live support group helping. How many times do you get that opportunity?

Count me in and let me know where the private board is (I'll likely need help) ... this is great!

Enough thinking about it! I have read all the posts and once I get my mind past the "this is crap" stage, I realize there is a real point here and this is a real opportunity to set yourself free with a real live support group helping. How many times do you get that opportunity?

Count me in and let me know where the private board is (I'll likely need help) ... this is great!

Good on yer Red :o

Good on yer Red :o

Whoops double post...so Good on yer TWICE

Edited by ThaiPauly

welcome red... THe diary is private, but I don´t know what you need to get it. As far as I´m concerned, if your serious about this, and concienscious thta this is something that is not easy for any of us, welcome, otherwise, unconditionally.

PM tuky for technical info.

Edited by kayo

Well, there are still four wheels on my wagon.

It has been a long and winding 7 day road but have managed to negotiate the potholes and pitfalls, coming up another weekend and those Cherokees are still chasing me.

Good Luck to all,

Moss

• 2 months later...
I am going to do it.

Tuky is going to do it.

I know some other members are certainly thinking about it.

Who else would like to join in our group, do the 90 Day detox and the self-help and self control exercise.

90 days must be up soon - how did you all get on? :o

I am going to do it.

Tuky is going to do it.

I know some other members are certainly thinking about it.

Who else would like to join in our group, do the 90 Day detox and the self-help and self control exercise.

90 days must be up soon - how did you all get on? :o

I was wondering the same, and hoping for positive reports. :D

I believ we are now on day 82, by my precise atomic calculations.

Ups and downs for many of us. Some of us have been stronger than others.

I do think each and every one of us has been MORE sober, on MORE days, than any of us have been in a long long time.

Right, enough speaking for others.

Thie above applies to me certainly.

I joined to kick a nasty drug habit, which I`ve done succesfully.

I`m still having weekly struggles with alcohol, and for the next ninety days I`ll be paying more attention to kicking that nasty habit too.

Above all, I feel I`ve been a lot more aware of myself, in contact with myself.

I feel a stronger person, and more aware of my weaknesses too.

The battle continues.

:o

I went completely dry for nearly 2 months before venturing back into the world of social drinking. My current alcohol consumption has decreased by at least a factor of 10.

I now know that I am not an alcoholic... although I do still enjoy a drink or two (weekends only).

It has been a big learning experience... and one that has been good (and continues to be good) to share in.

And... as Patsy said... made some good friends in the process.

How many members of TV are close to becoming alcoholics???? Is it being in Thailand or associated with it which leads the members to drink to excess??? I used to drink more than was good for me - but only "socially" on an evening - until I married my Thai wife. I stopped drinking immediately and have never since drunk any more than 2-3 beers PER MONTH!!!! And I´ve never regretted it.................

I'm close. About an arm length away, actually.

:o j/k

I went completely dry for nearly 2 months before venturing back into the world of social drinking. My current alcohol consumption has decreased by at least a factor of 10.

I now know that I am not an alcoholic... although I do still enjoy a drink or two (weekends only).

It has been a big learning experience... and one that has been good (and continues to be good) to share in.

Good on you Jai Dee. Most practicing alcoholics don't have the self-honesty you exhibit anyway. That alone should garner you absolution from the Pope of AA!

It's refreshing to see normal drinkers figuring it out openly and honestly here. I know I never would have glanced at the issue back in the day.

Sounds like, in modern terms, you abused alcohol but were not dependent on it; good to hear. :D