Looking for an Affordable and Convenient Neighborhood

slipperylobster

My wife and I have left Udon and are now in Pai/Mae Hong Son. We will be driving back into Chiang Mai next week and would like to know what district/area would be both affordable (below 13,000) and convenient to live in. We need only a small bungalow with a small yard and parking. It would be great if it was not an area prone to flooding. Any ideas? You may email me for details, or just provide general information on the forum if you know the district/area that might be best. I am leaning toward San Sai, or possibly Hang Dong.

Edited by slipperylobster

You might want to look in Mu Ban Wang Tan. Here are the GPS coordinates:18.732059, 98.971080

Still feels like the countryside back there but very close to shopping.

I've been searching for a site, pinned or unpinned, which could be used as a check-list for newcomers.

I'm thinking of someone newly arrived, not being aware of the requirements (or lack of) for housing, ranging from location traps, lack of zoning (industrial, residential, mixed), electrical, plumbing standards, lack of training of dog owners, and on and on.

I know it's a subject as long as your arm, and if anyone knows of such a site, I'd like to know and add my two cents worth. wai.gif

• Like 1