Phuket Brit in amazing escape from spectacular crash

Lite Beer

http://safety.worldnomads.com/thailand/patong-is-it-safe#drink-spiking-in-bars

This link has absolutely nothing to do with your actions on the night of your accident, despite what you would like members of this forum to believe. 

Exactly."Reports of drink spiking in bars around Soi Bangla have been reported over the years...", but there is not any proof of it .Been coming here for 20 years and never heard of it,neither has anyone else.

Well you can't say that anymore.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still in denial, unbelievable.

FACT blood pressure at 50 over 30, I don't know about you, but I'm not able to maintain consciousness. 

Well, you should stop driving a vehicle then, shouldn't you?  You could black-out at any time and take out innocent road users. 

Whether it's alcohol, or your health, you shouldn't be on the road.

Your crash came up in a conversation a little while back. Turns out, someone in the conversation knows you, not well, but does know you.  From what I understand, it was only a matter of time before you had a crash.

Of course, the drink spiking caused it - quite a convenient excuse for your poor and reckless behaviour on the night in question, and many other occasions, from what I understand.

By all means, have a drink, but stay off the road after doing so.

Edited by NamKangMan

FACT blood pressure at 50 over 30, I don't know about you, but I'm not able to maintain consciousness. 

Well, you should stop driving a vehicle then, shouldn't you?  You could black-out at any time and take out innocent road users. 

Your crash came up in a conversation a little while back. Turns out, someone in the conversation knows you, not well, but does know you.  From what I understand, it was only a matter of time before you had a crash.

Of course, the drink spiking caused it - quite a convenient excuse for your poor and reckless behaviour on the night in question, and many other occasions, from what I understand.

You already have made your position clear mr iceman, I do not expect you to change.

I crashed my car driving back from Patong, narrowly escaping death.

On arrival to the hospital my vitals were 50 over 30, so low it's not possible for a body to maintain consciousness.

I have no history of problems with low blood pressure

There was no internal bleeding, so low blood pressure was not a result of the accident. Therefore the low blood pressure was there prior to the accident and the primary cause of the accident.

I am warning people Drink spiking is prevalent in Patong.

You already have made your position clear mr iceman, I do not expect you to change.

No, but I hope you do, for everyone's sake, on Phuket. 

On arrival to the hospital my vitals were 50 over 30, so low it's not possible for a body to maintain consciousness.

There was no internal bleeding, so low blood pressure was not a result of the accident. Therefore the low blood pressure was there prior to the accident and the primary cause of the accident.

"I am warning people Drink spiking is prevalent in Patong." - so is driving/riding whilst intoxicated. 

It's convenient that one sees you as a victim, and the other as an offender.

Edited by NamKangMan

[quote name="NamKangMan" post="8221645" timestamp="1407591449"][quote name="ArranP" post="8221563" timestamp="1407589994"] [quote name="NamKangMan" post="8221539" timestamp="1407589409"] [quote name="ArranP" post="8219808" timestamp="1407558349"] [quote name="stevenl" post="8219571" timestamp="1407554917"]Still in denial, unbelievable.[/quote] 
 [/quote] 

By all means, have a drink, but stay off the road after doing so.[/quote]
 [/quote]

No, but I hope you do, for everyone's sake, on Phuket. [/quote]

Thank you for your concern, however you are mistaken.

"I am warning people Drink spiking is prevalent in Patong." - so is driving/riding whilst intoxicated. 

It's convenient that one sees you as a victim, and the other as an offender.
Label me as much as you like.

The primary cause of the accident was due to me passing out, due to low blood pressure as recorded by the doctors on arrival to the hospital, brought on by drink spiking with sleeping pills or whatever it is they use.

I'm turning off for the night. Star Trek into darkness the movie has just finished. Goodnight. Edited by ArranP

Any information of the businesses here which buy car wrecks (based in Phuket)

looking to sell the wreck, currently its sitting at the thalang police station

Just contact some bodyshops, they may be interested.

But didn't you have 1st class insurance? Because if you did, the wreck belongs to the insurance company.

There are creases in the rear of the body.  It's not even good for a "cut and shut."

There doesn't appear that there is much that could be salvaged from the wreck.  Maybe the differential, rear bumber, rear wheels and spare, rear hatch  and rear lights.

It may only be good for scrap metal.

you're joking that will back on the road in a few months.

The engine and chassis numbers might be, but the the actual vehicle itself.  :)