Endangered Species at mall?

Emster23

Am I only one who has noticed that in front of Central second road there is a couple carrying this cute little endangered species around to make some money? Pose with the adorable Bengal Slow Loris before they are all gone. Not just humans getting trafficked. Anyone have good connection with Pollice? Maybe get some action on this and return to the wild? p1180003-233074.jpg

Animal rights ?? With you 100 percent, but life is difficult for a lot of Thai people , so Animal rights does not come into the equation...

I think it does. Being poor is no excuse for mistreating any living creature.

Rather than take the easy option of exploiting these animals for a living maybe these people would like to take one of the construction jobs left vacant by those 160,000 Cambodians who went home recently. Or maybe that would be too "difficult" as well.

Animal rights ?? With you 100 percent, but life is difficult for a lot of Thai people , so Animal rights does not come into the equation...

Rather than take the easy option of exploiting these animals for a living maybe these people would like to take one of the construction jobs left vacant by those 160,000 Cambodians who went home recently. Or maybe that would be too "difficult" as well.

Isn't the real solution for tourists from supposedly more "advanced" countries to decline to take pictures with these animals (are you listening idiotic pop music stars)? If course, I don't know what the answer is for the 3B+ Chinese and Indian tourists.

Isn't the real solution for tourists from supposedly more "advanced" countries to decline to take pictures with these animals (are you listening idiotic pop music stars)? If course, I don't know what the answer is for the 3B+ Chinese and Indian tourists.

I suspect that many Western tourists already do avoid getting involved with "attractions" that involve animals here. But many either dont think or dont care and for them, and for the other nationalities, something needs to be done to remove the opportunity at the source. The same applies to ivory and the trafficking of endangered species in general.

Always have plenty of people, but not these guys.They don't seem all that fast to go scamper out a window, and I doubt if suitable habitat around Central Mall. I did contact a wildlife protection foundation based in Bangkok and gave them the details. I don't trust the police to return to the wild, would probably become some higher ups pet. I asked them to contact me if need more info and/or tell me the outcome. They should be able to get ET home.