Man stabbed in head in vicious Phuket gang attack

Lite Beer

Man stabbed in head in vicious Phuket gang attack

PHUKET: A young man from Prachuab Khirikhan is in critical condition in hospital after being stabbed in the head last night.

Police believe that Surasri Jupmatta, 20, was riding his bike past Wat Positwiharn on Thepkasattri Rd in Phuket Town when he ran out of fuel.

A witness told police that a group of men on four or five motorbikes riding past took a sudden severe dislike to Mr Surasri, one of them asking him, "What are you looking at me for?"

The group then attacked him, kicking and punching him to the ground. At least one used a knife on him; he received a deep slash in his left armpit and was then stabbed in the head.

The group drove off, leaving Mr Surasrilying on the road bleeding profusely, with the knife still embedded in his head.

Local people called for assistance and Mr Surasri was rushed to hospital, still alive.

Police will now attempt to track down the vicious gang.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-stabbed-in-head-in-vicious-phuket-gang-attack-46993.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-06-22

Yet another senseless violent crime on Phuket.

Must have been drugged up local youths, as robbery doesn't appear to be the motive.

I hope they apprehend them quickly, and get them off the streets, for the public's safety.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

one of them asking him, "What are you looking at me for?"

he replied: you look like an attempted murderer to me................oh to be in a buddist Country where ones fellow man is as precious as yourselfwhistling.gif

• Like 1

Must have been drugged up local youths, as robbery doesn't appear to be the motive.

I hope they apprehend them quickly, and get them off the streets, for the public's safety.

You assume

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

You assume

Sure, it's speculation.

Happy to hear your thoughts on the incident, using the information supplied.

Thailand really does need to use the death penalty. They could get rid of thousands of people that will never do anything beneficial in their life (rich included) and make Thailand a happier place for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

attempting to murder someone for kicks is not funny.

When I see some of the gruesome pictures of deaths and victims of horrific accidents that endlessly seem to get distributed through social media, i wonder sometimes if Thai society is becoming dehumanized to the point they think this is acceptable.

When (if) they are caught, I hope all 5 are handed life sentences for this despicable crime. For murder was the intent here, and it may well end this way if the poor chap can't pull through.

This is worse than murdering someone because they have a motive... murdering totally indiscriminately for kicks, that is worse by far, and these are very dangerous individuals to be on the loose anywhere in Thai society let alone in a premium tourist resort.

Edited by thumper101
  • Like 1

attempting to murder someone for kicks is not funny.

When I see some of the gruesome pictures of deaths and victims of horrific accidents that endlessly seem to get distributed through social media, i wonder sometimes if Thai society is becoming dehumanized to the point they think this is acceptable.

When (if) they are caught, I hope all 5 are handed life sentences for this despicable crime. For murder was the intent here, and it may well end this way if the poor chap can't pull through.

This is worse than murdering someone because they have a motive... murdering totally indiscriminately for kicks, that is worse by far, and these are very dangerous individuals to be on the loose anywhere in Thai society let alone in a premium tourist resort.

If Carlsberg made premium holiday resorts, I don't think it would be Phuket

• Like 1

Must have been drugged up local youths , as robbery doesn't appear to be the motive.

Corrected your post for you.

Thailand really does need to use the death penalty. They could get rid of thousands of people that will never do anything beneficial in their life (rich included) and make Thailand a happier place for all.

they would also execute thousands of innocent people as a result - happy with that ?

Why would they do that?

Must have been drugged up local youths , as robbery doesn't appear to be the motive.

With robbery not appearing to be the motive for this crime, I would be happy to hear your explanation for their behaviour.

With robbery not appearing to be the motive for this crime, I would be happy to hear your explanation for their behaviour.

I daren't explain as I might be accused of disparaging Thai youth, and Thai males in general.

• Like 2

@ JetsetBkk

Well, lucky for me, I have a thicker skin than you, so I feel free to comment on this forum.

In case you haven't noticed, there seems to be an "ice" epidemic on Phuket.

Of couse, these guys could have just been riding around bored and decided to stab someone, anyone, in the head.

Your input on this thread is informative and appreciated, I'm sure.

Edited by NamKangMan

"Must have been drugged up local youths,"

Why?

You assume

Sure, it's speculation.

Using the information supplied, ie none, you came up with drugs as the cause, how did you manage that and how could any rational person come up with any explanation for the attack without knowing anything about it?

• Like 1

Why?

I would also be happy to hear your explanation for their behaviour, given that robbery does not appear to be their motive.

You assume

Sure, it's speculation.

Using the information supplied, ie none, you came up with drugs as the cause, how did you manage that and how could any rational person come up with any explanation for the attack without knowing anything about it?

Call it, experience. smile.png

"You looking at me?" - paranoid. Why - due to their actions, most probably effected by drugs. Even if they were not under the influence at the time, being armed, and with such murerous intent, chances are, they are drug users anyway.

Maybe you could explain why one of them was armed with a knife in the first place. I'm sure they are fine upstanding and law abiding citizens. smile.png

Of course, the knife could have been peeling fruit. Right?? smile.png

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

You assume

Sure, it's speculation.

Hard to comment when the story is just a rough version of the event and the story tells the story so what I need to speak for.

I could babble on about what could of happened and why but what's he point as I don't know

My guess either random attack or thai act of justice

You assume

Sure, it's speculation.

Hard to comment when the story is just a rough version of the event and the story tells the story so what I need to speak for.

I could babble on about what could of happened and why but what's he point as I don't know

My guess either random attack or thai act of justice

Ok. So you have speculated a "random attack" or an "act of justice."

I speculated the attack was the result of drug abuse.

No harm done from either speculation.

Maybe we will never know.

Drugs, random or payback, I just hope they catch them, because these guys are a real danger to society.

Why?

Some people look at the world as it is and constantly ask the question:

"WHY?" crazy.gif

Other people dream of the things that never were and say:

"WHY NOT!" coffee1.gif

Why?

"WHY?" crazy.gif

"WHY NOT!" coffee1.gif

And some look at the reports of inceasing drug possession, drug dealing and drug use on Phuket, and then see a crime such as this, and can't help but think drugs are involved.

Humorous for sure...but this violence by youth would not be typical in most countries.

I daren't explain as I might be accused of disparaging Thai youth, and Thai males in general.

Please belay my last post now that I read this one.

I had dared not say it either.

• Like 1

they would also execute thousands of innocent people as a result - happy with that ?

Why would they do that?

If you believe that only guilty people are found guilty and innocent people get off in any legal system you are living in a fantasy land. Keep dreaming. rolleyes.gif

This type of gang attack on solitary individuals is rampant in this country and serves only to highlight what type of scumbags are being produced in this society vastly due to the inept attitude and rampant corruption which exist with the enforcement agencies.

• Like 1

"WHY?" crazy.gif

"WHY NOT!" coffee1.gif

The problem with Idealism is that it's just not realistic. The problem with reality is that it is rarely ideal. The cold hard facts are that between the two of them, reality is always the truth. Ideality is a pipe dream. wai.gif