Appeal for Phuket sightings of missing 'tug-of-love' girls

webfact

Appeal for Phuket sightings of missing 'tug-of-love' girls
The Phuket News

1403497382_1-org.jpg
The two girls, Alina and Annie.

PHUKET: -- The aunt of two young girls caught in a “tug of love” between their British father and Thai mother has appealed for anyone seeing the two girls to get in touch with her or with the Thai police.

There is a possibility the mother and the two girls are in Phuket, the children’s aunt, Charlotte Day, has said.

The parents, Robert Day and Onwarat “Noklek” Gamlem, were divorced four years ago, with their father being awarded custody of the two girls – 10-year-old Alina and six-year-old Ananya (“Annie”).

The girls stayed in touch with their mother – known also as Wiganda Day and Onwarat Suphikunphong – by internet, and then in May their father took them from England to Pattaya so they could spend some time with her. He dropped them off to spend a few days with their mother.

When Noklek did not return with the children, on June 1 a complaint was laid with Pattaya Police and an arrest warrant was issued for Noklek on a charge of abduction.

Police checked her home and found no one there.

Noklek is believed to be travelling not only with the two girls but also with Marvin, her three-year-old son by her new husband. Her husband, a Norwegian fisherman, left Thailand to work before the girls arrived in Thailand.

To see more pictures of the girls or to report a sighting, go here.

Alternatively, email charlottedayis [at] hotmail.com or call 090 773 8900.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/appeal-for-phuket-sightings-of-missing-%E2%80%98tug-of-love%E2%80%99-girls-47004.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-06-23

• Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How sad for things to get to this stage with the parents and family I hope they find the two beautiful little girls before anything bad happens to them and get them returned home where they belong.

If she has a Bank Account with an ATM Card that wpould be a good place to start, or if the Girls have an ATN or Credit Card from the Father.

Yes, and also have a good look into her telephone records, and if she has a particular phone, remotely turn on its GPS.

If she has a Bank Account with an ATM Card that wpould be a good place to start, or if the Girls have an ATN or Credit Card from the Father.

Yes, and also have a good look into her telephone records, and if she has a particular phone, remotely turn on its GPS.

Good suggestions.

If the mother really wants to hide and is clever enough not to use her ATM card or a mobile phone registered on her name, than a quick flash in a Thai television program showing her and the girls, briefly explaining the story and requesting the public to come forward with information might also do the trick.

I never realised that a mother can abduct her own daughters.

Yes it is abduction as she has been awarded to her father care, it would not be obduction if there was no court order

She is also in breach of a federal court mean some time in a british jail if she ever returned to any country in the common market

Good suggestions.

If the mother really wants to hide and is clever enough not to use her ATM card or a mobile phone registered on her name, than a quick flash in a Thai television program showing her and the girls, briefly explaining the story and requesting the public to come forward with information might also do the trick.

TV would be useless unless there was a reward attached

Thais would not reccognise the British court and see her as the correct parent

Farlang have no rights in Thailand

a good reward would change this attitude though

• Like 1

Good suggestions.

TV would be useless unless there was a reward attached

Thais would not reccognise the British court and see her as the correct parent

Farlang have no rights in Thailand

a good reward would change this attitude though

Was it a British court or Thai court that awarded custody to the father? Previous reports said a Thai court.

A request from British authorities will be acted on by the RTP especially in their current invigorated state.

Many, many rumours at the moment going round regarding abducted children, including the old hoax 'sold as organ donors'. I think it would be good if police or army came out and declared this is an isolated case. And that is not just Phuket but the whole of Thailand.

Yes it is abduction as she has been awarded to her father care, it would not be obduction if there was no court order

She is also in breach of a federal court mean some time in a british jail if she ever returned to any country in the common market

My understanding is a parent can not "abduct" their own child, or children, especially so, when consent was given for her to take the children.

She is, however, in breach of a Court custody order.

The use of the word "abduction" gains more public attention.

If the will was there, these children would be found in 24 hours, guaranteed. Father's family may need to pay for services. Not hard to find this group.

Mother is relying on the fact that this is Thailand and the cops won't really bother looking or doing anything. And she is right.

If father pays and pays the right police (easier said than done) results are guaranteed in 24 hours.

e.g. Girls will be with Mother's relatives. This is Thailand. It is always the same. The family will help the mother to illegally take back the children. However they will not challenge the police if the police bring it to their homes.

Edited by Briggsy

Having 2 young children myself this makes me very sad. Pray they are returned to their Father, then throw this vile woman into the monkey house and let her rot.

Have you considered the mother genuinely loves her children, but the father used his superior financial position to "buy" a sole custody order from a Thai Judge, thus removing the children from her, possibly in an act of revenge?

Not saying this was the case here, but perhaps you could consider there may be more to the story than just the father's version.

• Like 2

just look at how nice , clean and well looked after these girls are in there picture posted. dads showed himself to be a good man, bringing them back to see there mum, and willing to keep the girls , thoughts right .

there young impressive, and beautiful, they dont need to be talked about as though either parent has done wrong. really.

ime on the same side of justice , there awarded to him on merit, so she has done wrong, but come on, the way to get these girls back is not to frighten the three of them, into thinking there on the run.

its emotive, its hurting everyone one of them, be sure. mrs day, if your reading these posts, please contact someone and just let them know your all safe. 1st step. ok.

Having 2 young children myself this makes me very sad. Pray they are returned to their Father, then throw this vile woman into the monkey house and let her rot.

Have you considered the mother genuinely loves her children, but the father used his superior financial position to "buy" a sole custody order from a Thai Judge, thus removing the children from her, possibly in an act of revenge?

Not saying this was the case here, but perhaps you could consider there may be more to the story than just the father's version.

There already is more to the story: the judges decision.

My understanding is a parent can not "abduct" their own child, or children, especially so, when consent was given for her to take the children.

She is, however, in breach of a Court custody order.

The use of the word "abduction" gains more public attention.

You are correct the terminology is misleading but a parent can legally abduct their own child. I believe at this stage all she could be charged with is "denial of parental rights" but then again it isn't clear in which country the father was given custody which could make a huge difference. a parent can legally abduct their own child. It is true that it is not an offence for a mother to remove a child from the country without the consent of a father without parental responsibility. The same applies in reverse, though it is less common for mothers not to have parental responsibility as their name is automatically put on the child's birth certificate. Case law shows that it is however more common for women to commit child abduction than men, and the courts take a very hard line in these cases.

Good suggestions.

I'd also be looking at airline, bus, train, hire car, Western Union and hospital data bases.

Also, where she is accessing email and/or Facebook from. IP addresses can be traced.

I would be contacting the Norwegian guy for any information that may assist. Eg. does he have property in Thailand.

If she's smart, and has a sympathetic network of friends and family, she could go undetected for sometime.

Good suggestions.

I'd also be looking at airline, bus, train, hire car, Western Union and hospital data bases.

Also, where she is accessing email and/or Facebook from. IP addresses can be traced.

I would be contacting the Norwegian guy for any information that may assist. Eg. does he have property in Thailand.

If she's smart, and has a sympathetic network of friends and family, she could go undetected for sometime.

I disagree. The police are not looking. Get a PI on the case and the girls will be found in 24 hours. They will be with a member of the extended family. Father doesn't live in Thailand and doesn't know how to access police with skills who can do this stuff with their eyes closed.