Appeal for Phuket sightings of missing 'tug-of-love' girls

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is actually common in Thailand for female children to be put in the custody of the father and male children in the custody of the mother.

I got told it was something to do with them being assumed to be more at risk of abuse from a stepfather than their real father. (Although I didn't get this from a judge so I can't swear that's the reason).

But it does mean you can't assume there's an underlying problem with the mother that caused her to not get custody. It probably also rules out the father bribing the judge.

Edited by bkk_mike

Having 2 young children myself this makes me very sad. Pray they are returned to their Father, then throw this vile woman into the monkey house and let her rot.

Have you considered the mother genuinely loves her children, but the father used his superior financial position to "buy" a sole custody order from a Thai Judge, thus removing the children from her, possibly in an act of revenge?

Not saying this was the case here, but perhaps you could consider there may be more to the story than just the father's version.

Something clearly is not right here. If the mother is such a vile woman, would the father have brought the two girls back to spend time with her? If the father had bought, as the suggestion stands, the custody from a corrupt Thai judge, would he be so naive as to return the kids and think that order would be respected?

Where is it suggested the custody was bought from a corrupt Thai judge?

Beetlejuice for one.

Custody was awarded by Thai court, mother walked out on girls for 18 months, that is why Dad got sole custody, she wasn't deemed as a danger to the girls thou which is why they had contact with her and Dad felt it was right they still knew who their mother was. Just makes me die, because all you people saying they should be with their mother, if Dad didn't return his kids after a weekend visit or something then all hell would break loose and he would be punished, how is this any different, he got custody, he is supplying them with good life, family, friends & education in the uk .... He has tried doing right thing by taking them to Thailand yearly to visit their mother. And to whoever said about him having new partner and mum not liking it! She is remarried with a 3 yr old. Their dad has not remarried or fathered anymore children. These girls will be distraught, they will be missing their Dad immensely x

I never said the girls should be with the mother. I said there may be more to the story, which has lead to the mother's course of action.

Are you friends with the father? If so, what is the latest in the search?

why don't the girls just call their father?

The mother took out the Sim cards and confiscated their phones.

why don't they ask a stranger to use his phone?

Do you think they remember the father's number???

well they should.

if they don't wanna get abducted...

@ stevenl

Please see the link below for the definition of the word, "possibility." smile.png

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/possibility

Yes. We don't even know where the Court order was made, therefore, there are many "possibilities." smile.png

One of them being, the father may have "paid" for the Court order in Thailand, thus making the mother feel so aggrieved, she has taken the course of action that she has.

It's called - having an open mind. smile.png

NamKangMan, 'having an open mind,' please, I must remind you where you are and upon which forum you make this preposterous statement.

@ stevenl

Please see the link below for the definition of the word, "possibility." smile.png

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/possibility

Yes. We don't even know where the Court order was made, therefore, there are many "possibilities." smile.png

One of them being, the father may have "paid" for the Court order in Thailand, thus making the mother feel so aggrieved, she has taken the course of action that she has.

It's called - having an open mind. smile.png

NamKangMan, 'having an open mind,' please, I must remind you where you are and upon which forum you make this preposterous statement.

Yes, one should never let the truth get in the way of a good "Phuket News" story. :)

• 1 month later...