Angelina Jolie visits Thailand refugee camps, calls for global action

webfact

ok she came .....now what ?

are these people going to have a special menu for tonight ?

i still get amazed about what some famous do....around the world.

coffee1.gif

Instead of criticizing why don't you do some thing your self.

I know you don't from your lack of knowledge on how important it is to get the word out to the world.

Three troll posts and calling others less than intelligent from merely one article in 3 consecutive posts. Working on becoming Mother Teresa of the keyboard eh?!

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand does not want them. She should be happy Thailand lets them squat on their land illegally. Maybe she should give them a ride to Bangladesh where they are from and talk Bangladesh into taking them back.

genius

• Like 1

I think her visit is a good idea but a bit far from home since 90,000 children from South America will be arriving illegally this month in America to become refugees. I can't help but wonder if she shouldn't be gathering some money to take care of the refugees at home instead of in Thailand.

That's really a false choice. ALL refugees deserve support, both financial and political. Just because there are many refugee groups in the world doesn't mean you have to choose which to support.

Well, the refugee camps have been a mess along the lines of Guantanamo for years and years and everyone in the know knows it. If I go there and say something about the poor conditions, who cares? Where are the news articles and everything from Joe Schmoe's trip there?

It may not actually look pretty watching the sausage being made, so to speak, but she goes there and the press follow and she does so with truckloads full of money (hers and that of others) with her. More impact than most of us could ever imagine having the power to make.

Don't you just luv em; JT took off in her Private Plane to an undisclosed destination? Was JT flying the plane?

She does a lot more than others do, and she works on a mirco level by adopting some childern. Not much said about trafficing, but then again needs to get out of the country?

If people have time, go to one of your local services in Thailand and spend some time there as a volunteer. You may make someones life better for the day, and may change your life. Just a thought. All of us need to do more selfless acts, me included.

Can someone explain to me the difference between child trafficking and adopting some foreign children and dragging them to the USA?

The worst part is that you're probably serious.

Some should tell Angelina that when you visit a country your supposed to take a T shirt home!

Only joking.

This woman has used in fame to bring forward the plight of the displaced and the underprivileged .

I have nothing but admiration for her!

And to say she looks scary is a low blow considering losing both breasts to cancer and even then didn't hide it but inspired millions of women to have regular check ups!

Absolute crap.

Jolie never had breast cancer.

She claimed to have a genetic disposition to maybe developing breast cancer.

If she had both breasts removed and follow up reconstructive surgery in such a short period then she will be the only woman in the world to have managed such a thing. It isn't something that happens overnight no matter how big your bank balance

Does anyone remember when she wasn't in the tabloids during this alleged period? I think you fawning leftie fools have all been had.

It never happened.

She is just another attention seeking brat who happens to have made a lot of money and now spends it stroking her own ego. She is an absolute fraud who collects kids as others collect coins or stamps.

Oh, by the way I lost both my grandmother and a younger sister to breast cancer.

Edited by Mudcrab

I didn't know that helping people out and bringing their plight in the spotlight would cause so much bitterness !

So let me get this straight your better off being poor and trying to help the poor because it seems if you've got plenty of money and your on the world stage then you just get castigated and lampooned for helping the poor.

Talk about a no win situation she's in and has been in for 15 years and has risen to special envoy.

Anyway great work and keep it up!

A girl gets acting lessons gets into movies makes it to the top wins a stack of awards and millions upon millions of dollars yet chooses to not only live the lifestyle but also donates millions to charities and her time for years and she's evil!

Wow!

Some of us can remember when she wore a vial of her boyfriends (BBT) blood on a chain around her neck.

http://www.judiciaryreport.com/angelina_jolie_obsession_with_blood.htm

Not to mention her writing her husbands (JLM) name in blood on the inside of her wedding outfit.

Her father called her insane.

She was sleeping with her mothers boyfriend at age 14.

The list goes on ........

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

And how is that relevant?

It’s relevant to me.

The woman is bizarre, she jumped out of a limo at some Hollywood award show with her then husband and announced that they just finished having sex and then showed everyone vials of blood her and her man had hanging around their necks.

Why is it that the celebrities that are way out there sexually always drape themselves around children?

• Like 1

It's nice to be on the outside looking in not knowing what's going in someone's mind at the time of all these events.

Raised in the spotlight mother dies young father not around yet after all these bizarre events she came out the other end and is doing good for others instead of going the other way.

Well that's relevant to me!

• Like 2

"armed conflict", she said ...???

<DELETED>ing loony film star, knows nothing apart from self-promotion. Idiot.

She meant =Worldwide Armed Conflict= and staggering Worldwide Refugee numbers.

Read a bit between the lines! blink.png

And how is that relevant?

It’s relevant to me.

The woman is bizarre, she jumped out of a limo at some Hollywood award show with her then husband and announced that they just finished having sex and then showed everyone vials of blood her and her man had hanging around their necks.

Why is it that the celebrities that are way out there sexually always drape themselves around children?

That's when she was younger; have you ever done stupid things in the past? Haven't we all been idiots at some points in our lives.

You make mistakes, you learn from them. It's life.

What has her over sexual past got to do with the good she is doing now? She wasn't harming anyone in the past, but herself. And I've never seen her sexually drape around her children, not once.

So bizarre someone dislikes her because she was a bit wild in the past.

• Like 1

I used to live up in Mae Hong Son and during her last visit to the refugee camp. She wouldn't eat food prepared in the camp (take outs from a restaurant in town - mine biggrin.png ), brought her personal photographer to capture those magic do-gooding moments and her retinue manhandled the refugee camp newspaper reporter and photographer when they tried to get a shot and a few words for their newspaper.

Her hosts, the UNHCR, were no better as they demanded other NGOs give up their best translators to them for free. Prima donnas the whole lot of them. After seeing how the whole lot operate and assume the western liberal way is the best way for everyone, all I can say is that they are modern day colonialists.

"I used to live up in Mae Hong Son"

It seems, reading your words, it is good for that area and "no loss" that you are gone! whistling.gif

ok she came .....now what ?

are these people going to have a special menu for tonight ?

i still get amazed about what some famous do....around the world.

coffee1.gif

Instead of criticizing why don't you do some thing your self.

I know you don't from your lack of knowledge on how important it is to get the word out to the world.

Three troll posts and calling others less than intelligent from merely one article in 3 consecutive posts. Working on becoming Mother Teresa of the keyboard eh?!

No troll posts. Sorry to have hit a sore spot with you.

I stand behind what I have said.

It is your rite to disagree. Please give reason for it.

We all lack knowledge in some area that does not make us less than intelligent.

I speak only from personal knowledge of what is going on in the camps. Have no knowledge other than what is posted here about her actions in the camp nor do I care she is telling the world they need help. Do you disagree with that? Love her hate her or be indifferent to her it makes no difference to me.

The people in the camps are the important thing.