Two escape unhurt as BMW catches fire in Phuket

webfact

Two escape unhurt as BMW catches fire in Phuket
Eakkapop Thongtub

1403517479_1-org.jpg
The car blazes merrily.

PHUKET: -- Two people survived unscathed when their 5-series BMW car caught fire as they drove along Wichitsongkram Rd near Thairatwitthaya School at 1:15 pm today (June 23).

Kathu Disaster Department arrived and put the fire out in about 15 minutes, but the car was wrecked.

Pol Maj Witthaya Sinjamreu of Thung Thong Police Station declined to name the two people, who he said were born in the West but have Thai nationality and a business in Phuket.

Maj Witthaya said it looked as though the fire started in the engine bay; the occupants were driving from Phuket Town to Patong when smoke started billowing from under the bonnet, then flames.

“The car is now at Thung Thong police station awaiting collection by the owners,” Maj Witthaya told The Phuket News. Police will try to find out how the fire started, he added.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-escape-unhurt-as-bmw-catches-fire-in-phuket-47013.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-06-23

There you go, they tell me that's what BMW stands for

BMW = Big Money Worries.

No, it's stands for something else other than Bavarian Motor Works (Bayerische Motoren Werke ), which is completely not allowed to state here on Thaivisa.

Yes heard that before too 555555

Feel for anyone that has their car burn like that though, amazing how quickly a car can be destroyed, loose fuel line, hot exhaust, nasty.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is not the first case I hear about BMW cars. In Europe it is a common occurrence of BMW cars catching fire all of a sudden.

Since when and where in Europe? I only heard about Porsche's GT3 caught fire... but any other cars??? Nope.....

Check this out http://bmwproblems.wordpress.com/bmwownersbeware/

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is not the first case I hear about BMW cars. In Europe it is a common occurrence of BMW cars catching fire all of a sudden.

Since when and where in Europe? I only heard about Porsche's GT3 caught fire... but any other cars??? Nope.....

Check this out http://bmwproblems.wordpress.com/bmwownersbeware/

And you will find similar blogs about all other brands and makes, most of them more recent.

This is just a nice example of the usual internet BS and hypes.

Err yes... seen with my own eyes in UK, Peugeot 406, VW Golf, VW Transporter, all catch fire as they were being driven, all managed to stop and get out, only the rear of the Transporter Exploded, the other 2 were a big fire before the Fire engine arrived

This is just so typical isn't it... a guy in t-shirt, shorts, sandals standing casually next to the fire, with a fire hose in hand... just in case. Is he from the fire department, or just a casual bystander 'helping out'? Regardless... there isn't a single speck of safety equipment on this guy. Typical, typical, typical...

• Like 1

Sometimes it's not even something technical.

Especially in hotter countries, the pollution from the air consist of oil/fuel/dirt, and it gets scooped into your engine bay as you drive. Over time, the engine area collects a layer of this gum, could actually get very thick. As the engine itself already needs to be cooled, the layer doesn't help, then you reach a point, where fire could start in your engine bay area. So it's good advice to get your engine bay area cleaned.

Atleast that's what my car technician told me. coffee1.gif

This is just so typical isn't it... a guy in t-shirt, shorts, sandals standing casually next to the fire, with a fire hose in hand... just in case. Is he from the fire department, or just a casual bystander 'helping out'? Regardless... there isn't a single speck of safety equipment on this guy. Typical, typical, typical...

Damn you outsider!

I wanted to be the first to comment on the guys clothing and slippers ! ;-)

Classic.

Nice to see they parked the car next to a hydrant!