My Thai gf gets mad easily.

benj005

Thai women are accustomed to a decisive male...thats why they are always saying "up to you" everytime you give them the option of choosing where to eat or how to spend the day together.

If you think that "up to you" actually means up to you, you should stop giving advice on a forum. Have you ever been to Thailand much less had a Thai girlfriend? I didn't think so.

"Up to you" means "read my mind."

Unlike me,,,, years ago I wanted to buy my self a nice big bike,,,, so I checked with the boss ( Wife)

Hey babe I said,,, I want to get this bike,,, after some lengthy discussions, and some deliberations,,, she replied,,,, UP TO YOU, in a stern voice.

So I went and bought the bike,,, only to discover,,, That Up to you , actually as 2 meanings biggrin.png

The OP provides a classic example of the mentality of some farangs in Thailand. On the one hand he says "she can't speak English too well." Yet he also asks "Do Thais not like to talk things out?"

Does this really need to be explained to the OP? If he could speak/understand Thai better, she would obviously be able to talk to him and not get constantly frustrated. But yet, he has to ask. <deleted>?

• Like 1

My girlfriend doesn't work at a bar. I also doubt that she has another boyfriend on the side. Anything is possible but I don't see that happening.

I think all women want a decisive male. I am not a decisive man, and I think this upsets her. Also, just before she gets upset she will say I think too much. It's her way of saying I'm asking way too many questions.

She is most definitely looking for a falang to give her a better life. She doesn't date Thai men as she's always saying that they are no good. All her friends date falang men as well.

I will have to wait and see...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I would not put up with it - here in Malaysia she would be slapped down for this behavior.

hey its Chumlee!

Did you know that he's worth $5 mil and makes $20k an episode. [emoji3]

My girlfriend doesn't work at a bar. I also doubt that she has another boyfriend on the side. Anything is possible but I don't see that happening.

I think all women want a decisive male. I am not a decisive man, and I think this upsets her. Also, just before she gets upset she will say I think too much. It's her way of saying I'm asking way too many questions.

She is most definitely looking for a falang to give her a better life. She doesn't date Thai men as she's always saying that they are no good. All her friends date falang men as well.

I will have to wait and see...

"My girlfriend doesn't work at a bar. I also doubt that she has another boyfriend on the side. "

My girlfriend doesn't work in a bar :. At least as far as you know she doesn't. You'd be surprised how easy it is for a girl working a steady 9 to 5 job to put in a few hours freelancing. Especially as you are a few thousand miles away. They don't all work in a crowded beer bar.

"I also doubt that she has another boyfriend on the side. " I hope she doesn't have another boyfriend.

All her friends date farangs, so you can bet she's well aware of how much they get each month.

Thai girls love to boast about their particular sponsor.

Plenty of Thai men could give her a better life, they aren't all lazy, lao khao, Red Bull drinkers.

As much as you have the hots for her, wait until you spend more time on a steady basis with her before you start opening up the bank account for her.

If you can afford to humor her then go ahead and pay her rent, but always be prepared to walk away.

They all say "You tink too mutt", because we do.

• Like 2

Thai women are accustomed to a decisive male...thats why they are always saying "up to you" everytime you give them the option of choosing where to eat or how to spend the day together.

If you think that "up to you" actually means up to you, you should stop giving advice on a forum. Have you ever been to Thailand much less had a Thai girlfriend? I didn't think so.

"Up to you" means "read my mind."cheesy.gif

One of the finest answer I have read on TV for a long time thumbsup.gif

The OP provides a classic example of the mentality of some farangs in Thailand. On the one hand he says "she can't speak English too well." Yet he also asks "Do Thais not like to talk things out?"

Does this really need to be explained to the OP? If he could speak/understand Thai better, she would obviously be able to talk to him and not get constantly frustrated. But yet, he has to ask. <deleted>?

Spot on. Sadly most won't get it.

• Like 2

OP, it's taken me a while, but I finally realised that there are rules regarding the General forum that simply arent posted anywhere on this board.

1. Never start a thread in General Topics unless you're prepared for confrontation

2. Never start a thread in General Topics about anything that isnt a general vent about some aspect of life in Thailand - the more generic, the better

3. Never, ever start a thread in General Topics about a personal matter that you care about, however small that level of care may be

General Topics simply isnt the place for advice regarding relationships - period. You should have typed this up, read it a couple of times and closed your browser.

• Like 1

Worldwide,your avatar keeps changing,from that saucy looking young lady back to the old one of the guy with the collar up,i prefer the saucy young lady,in fact i commented on it the other day,only for it to change back leaving me rather red faced,what is going on.

OP, it's taken me a while, but I finally realised that there are rules regarding the General forum that simply arent posted anywhere on this board.

1. Never start a thread in General Topics unless you're prepared for confrontation

2. Never start a thread in General Topics about anything that isnt a general vent about some aspect of life in Thailand - the more generic, the better

3. Never, ever start a thread in General Topics about a personal matter that you care about, however small that level of care may be

General Topics simply isnt the place for advice regarding relationships - period. You should have typed this up, read it a couple of times and closed your browser.

I should know better I guess.

Bugger me it just changed again.

Hong Thong will do that to you :)

Seriously, it was doing that to me too - I cleared my browser cache and it seems to be my Taiwanese friend 100% of the time now. Given that she was only 16 when that photo was taken you really should be ashamed of yourself for having those thoughts ;)

Bugger me it just changed again.

Hong Thong will do that to you smile.png

Seriously, it was doing that to me too - I cleared my browser cache and it seems to be my Taiwanese friend 100% of the time now. Given that she was only 16 when that photo was taken you really should be ashamed of yourself for having those thoughts wink.png

Sorry just can't help it,but then again you took the photo!

She's 35, works in an average job making average money. Even though she doesn't speak English that well, we decides to take the decisive step to seek out a foreign boyfriend on the internet. There are a few reasons why Thai females decide to seek out a mate they have absolutely nothing in common with and to varying degrees, can not communicate with. Certainly are genuine ladies seeking mates on the internet as their only portal outside Thailand, but even those share a common, pragmatic goal of (hopefully) improving standard of living and financial security for the future. Her future.

She may be becoming more short tempered because she's not getting what she expected. Getting mad is a signal and is a way to kick you to the curb without a direct confrontation. She may string you along to see if you'll come around but after a year, and a refusal to pony up for a flat, the writing's on the wall, mate.

She might also be seeking a replacement. She could be a quiet professional and already have one. Or more than one. Bar girls aren't exclusive in having one or more punters dangling on the end of fiber optics.

Good points one and all.

Have to agree with most of this, one thing though....why any man would entertain the idea of buying anything for there TGF thats more than a modest gift is beyond me.

Last TGF was so expecting the world from me, pay off her uni fees, fund a guest house for her and her aunt, when she came to aussie i offered to pay half for her masters degree here she flatly refused and expected me to pay the lot, from that moment i made it hard for her to live with me....

• Like 1

Well developed for her age i must say mate,your,er,friend.

Plenty of Australian girls with considerably larger chests at that age, and I never cease to be amazed by the magic a pushup bra can provide for girls of all shapes and sizes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/23/2014 at 5:28 PM, NeverSure said:

Hehe. Sometimes,  the divide between those who truly understand the  jungle and those who  dress up in a safari outfit with pith helmet  is  brutally illustrated when the wannabe jungle warrior is casually eaten by a tiger.  

Do Thais not like to talk things out?

I've lived here a fair number of years and dated a fair number of women here before finally getting married to settle down.

And I must say, I've seen no particular indication that the average Thai, or Thai woman in this case, is normally interested in having a calm, rationale discussion to "talk things out" when differences arise.

If Thais were amenable to talking things out, we wouldn't have had an ongoing quiet civil war for years, a political gridlock, coup after coup, men setting their wives on fire, women cutting off their husband's tool, etc etc etc.

I seriously think you must have landed in the wrong country by mistake. :smile:  Scream things out, yes. Talk things out, not so sure.

do not know any thais that are willing to talk things over in a friendly fashion, usually they have their view and that is it, they refuse to listen to yours. If she is getting upset because she wants you to pay for her there is a problem, either she is just after someone to pay her way in life, she believes all the crap about foreigners being walking atm's or she wants a form of commitment from you to her, that is one thing you really need to sort out with her. Only seeing each other rarely isnt ideal either, if you are serious about her get her to move to Korea with you or find yourself a position in Thailand, long distance relationships dont work, she may well be worried you are off with someone else when not with her as that is what thai men do.  If she is just someone to bonk when you are here then stop being an ar*e and leave her so she has a chance with someone else, maybe making her feel this is all she is to you is why she is getting agro in the first place