Demolition orders issued to 78 more Phuket beach encroachers

webfact

I'm overjoyed that it must be a living hell for the cops and gov. officials that are being targeted.

All these business being demolished had paid big sums to 'lease' the public land and have been paying monthly rent too.

Many are probably seeking refunds and plotting revenge etc. The behind the scenes mafia wars must be incredible.

Meanwhile the money flow, suddenly cut off from the scummy officials, have them in a real bind. These guys have monthly financial commitments, like car payments, houses / girlfriends to support and payments due 'upstairs.'

This is fun to watch but is it a bit concerning. What are these criminals plotting to replace the lost income?

• Like 2

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meanwhile the money flow, suddenly cut off from the scummy officials, have them in a real bind. These guys have monthly financial commitments, like car payments, houses / girlfriends to support and payments due 'upstairs.'

This is fun to watch but is it a bit concerning. What are these criminals plotting to replace the lost income?

We know a number of legitimate Thai business people here on Phuket and they are reporting of a sudden interest in their businesses, and demands for 'monthly payments' or be hassled. But this is going off original topic.

• Like 1

We know a number of legitimate Thai business people here on Phuket and they are reporting of a sudden interest in their businesses, and demands for 'monthly payments' or be hassled. But this is going off original topic.

By who?

The jet ski scammers must be on the hit list.

Any news?

Yes. On the news source we can't mention, it says that they will have to get full insurance.

As someone pointed out, they also are profiting from public land.

What insurance company will underwrite a small business with 300,000bt. in damages every day?

Hopefully the foreign expat mentioned in the story has brought this up to the new powers that be.

The expat mentioned in the article is, at the present, contemplating a very generous offer from the EVA Group to purchase his home...

I agree that these businesses have broken the law by encroaching on public land and for sure should be punished by removal of the illegal entities. However I think that there should be a way which may serve all requirements of a nice beach. Those who want a completely empty beach and those that prefer a beach where at least there are some sort of handy food and beverages. I agree with other posters here that nicely dispatched thatched legalized beach bars (but not too many of course) at least should be provided. I remember the quaint beach bars on Boracay which were similarly removed in this fashion and I maintain that the atmosphere has now changed over there. It is not as nice as it was before. JMHO of course

Den

Went by the new places at Layan, need a new water pump and thought might pick one up cheap, since they have to vacate in 3 weeks. The one place that chopped down some large trees. installed a road and slapped down about 100 sq meters of concrete, fairly nice looking place actually, is still building. They laughed when asked about the vacate order.

Hopefully the foreign expat mentioned in the story has brought this up to the new powers that be.

The expat mentioned in the article is, at the present, contemplating a very generous offer from the EVA Group to purchase his home...

I heard that they took that off the table, so the offer is back on? I don't see the point now that the court supposedly has ruled in the plaintiffs favour, but is delaying the actual ruling as long as the 100K millimetre envelopes arrive on a monthly basis. Meanwhile, construction keeps going.........................

Went by the new places at Layan, need a new water pump and thought might pick one up cheap, since they have to vacate in 3 weeks. The one place that chopped down some large trees. installed a road and slapped down about 100 sq meters of concrete, fairly nice looking place actually, is still building. They laughed when asked about the vacate order.

He might be laughing on the other side of his face soon as I think bangtao will be followed up like Surin and pursued. Just wish they'd got the a'hole before he felled the trees.

Just back from our daily walk along Kata beach. All the beach chairs, beach huts, and massage tables all gone. What a difference, looks great. Still some discarded items from the huts need cleaned up and club med still have their counter stand, but no chairs.

Rawai restaurants overhanging the beach are nearly all demolished now, while I understand and support the beach cleanups they were possibly the most harmless of constructions on a beach not used for leisure. Yes they had to go, I look forward to the longtail moorings being relocated off the beach and the hole in the seawall being repaired. The Sea Gypsy village Hmm

• 2 weeks later...

can someone help me please with the email address of the orbortor in cherngtalay and i did see an email address for the army general who is

in control of the clean up in phuket...

i have some interesting photos i would like to forward to them..

many thanks

Perhaps you would like to share them with us.

can someone help me please with the email address of the orbortor in cherngtalay and i did see an email address for the army general who is

many thanks

He already has in multiple threads. What he needs to do is call the General, not email the orbortor where he will receive no reply.

many thanks

He already has in multiple threads. What he needs to do is call the General, not email the orbortor where he will receive no reply.

Yep, seen them, same setup in carpark at Nai Harn. So I wrongly assumed the scooter sidecar outfits were OK.

many thanks

Recently a new worker camp went up, and had the sewage pipe going into the drainage ditch, Took pics, made a formal complaint. Nothing has been done.

They consider any complaints by foreigners as a nuisance.

I had the Mayor of Cherng Telay tell me as I'm a whitey ( farang) , I could not get the property I lease ( cannot own ) onto a new public water pipe going right by the property.

In fact , with no notification whatsoever, they dug up the lane to install the pipe so I had no access to my property for 3 days- then left the lane almost impassable- I had to hire a grader.

He might be laughing on the other side of his face soon as I think bangtao will be followed up like Surin and pursued. Just wish they'd got the a'hole before he felled the trees.

Looks like he knew something we don't. It appears the north part of Bang tao will be immune to the new order.

Would it be pure conjecture to guess who has a lot of interests there ? ( man... the payola must be killing him,) The Lotus Restaurant is particularly interesting with its concrete al fresco patio meters from the high tide mark.