Phuket police plan second wave of mass taxi-related arrests

webfact

Beaches being cleaned up from illegal business encroachment, round 1 of taxi mafia/politicians arrested, continuing

investigation and round 2 on the way. Amazing Thailand. I never, never, never, thought it possible a few months

ago. Tip of the hat to the junta. A great start and a long way to go but so far so good. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the red shirt with 20 Mercedes Benz, owner of a big hotel on the hill and overviewing patong beach.

You keep mentioning this. Would be much better to mention the name of the hotel and leave out his political preference.

Apparently 4 high ranking Kata-Karon officials have turned themselves in at Phuket Town Police station after the announced issuing of arrest warrants.

I believe that was one of the goals of the announcement.

"“We will attack and arrest them, suddenly and immediately, tomorrow."

I applaud their actions, but I think they might need to do some work on the element of surprise.

"The best way to get the termites to show themselves, is to shake the rotten piece of wood"

Don't you fret none; this action may be executed by the local Sheriff, but it has been planned-out by the Governor (Gen. Prayut & Co.) ! ! !

thumbsup.gif

I think it may be a good strategy. They will know who's running scared by the bank transfers. At last the Police are going after the politicians, who are basically the scum at the bottom of the barrel.