Cars

Robby nz

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once had the strange idea that I can maintain an old LandRover series 2a station wagon ('65) but had to learn that it is an endless story of repairs and money. Sold it finally, but still love it when I think about it....

Fine as a off road work horse, hated it when I had to drive it on the main road, old bone shaker.. repairs simple to get at most things. biggest bug bear was you had an option overdrive or winch, needed for my work winch front and rear.......... the early short wheel Range Rover was no better only more comfortable, diesel engine with no overdrive [used for 1x winch] = max speed 48 MPH, empty or with the 45 ft tralier on behind., only needed 1st and 2nd for work, at least very little gear change and easy to keep within the speed limit

I once had the strange idea that I can maintain an old LandRover series 2a station wagon ('65) but had to learn that it is an endless story of repairs and money. Sold it finally, but still love it when I think about it....

Thats a 109 LWB. most likely 3Litre straight 6 Petrol.

The engine had once been replaced with a Mitsubishi diesel engine. And yes, it is a 109 model. As mentioned in a post before, nice to drive in the nowhere, pain on normal roads. Not because of the speed, but because of trying to drive straight and stop at the point....

Fatfather

If I can remember the petrol was 2.0 lt 4 cylinder, was about 1968 the 2.6 lt 6 cylinder came in the petrol, the diesel was 2.25 lt. before moving to the 2.5 lt, back then

1970's In Germany the UK Army had V8's in there's the Series III

In a orchid farm in Mae_Rin , not far from Chiang Mai

p3040511.jpg

S.S. Jaguar. Modified bumpers spoil it.

Are they Modified bumpers ? Have a look at https://www.google.co.th/search?q=S.S.+Jaguar+pictures&espv=2&biw=1360&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=qoFEVMXUNuXPmwXXkIK4CQ&ved=0CBsQsAQ#tbm=isch&q=Jaguar+Mk+5+pictures+

Almost all Mk5 SS have these bumpers in any condition... Left hand drive or RHD

post-42643-0-77886100-1413776117_thumb.j

post-42643-0-33086100-1413776477_thumb.j

Everyday on public TV channels we can see many accident about coaches,minibus, cars, motobike...

I don't write trucks because they are in a few of them .

I cycle ( mountain bike on main roads ) more than 1.000 km each month, I can see the truckers , taken all around, are good drivers;

I cannot write the same about kamikaze minibus drivers.

Photo shoot not very far from my village on the road 2021

p2110010.jpg

Far from the road but in a few weeks I can shot with my new Panasonic Lumix FZ 200 zoom from 25 to 600 aperture constant f/2.8

U are in Udon Thani which is in Issan where everybody is so poor than we have only buffaloes for working in the fields...cheesy.gifcheesy.gif ;

It's what I can read in many travel books like the Lonely Planet and others ....

p3270310.jpg

p3270310.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived