Cars

Robby nz

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VW Beetle visitor to our town today, a few in the region.

Twice recently I've seen a restored Morris 1000 (50s, 60s?), both times at night, going the other way . . . my quest for that one continues.

VWs far easier to find

tumblr_nhw8xe5bxr1r8w5s5o1_1280.jpg

A few cars I've had the pleasure of either owning or driving.

Ferrari 330 P4 - 1967 1 of only 3 every made

Jaguar Lister Le Mans 7 litre twin turbo - undriveable in the wet but I loved it.

Prototype former Tom Walkinshaw 6.1 litre Jaguar XJR-S. Coventry to Menton (South of France as pictured) 11hours 30mins including 2 hours ferry crossing!

!975 Jaguar V12 E-Type convertible. Selling this car was the biggest mistake in my life.

post-134340-0-16126400-1420987262_thumb.

post-134340-0-62173600-1420987334_thumb.

post-134340-0-70892100-1420987868_thumb.

post-134340-0-66502600-1420988247_thumb.

I've owned:

1. Dilapidated Peugeot 309 1.3 Petrol;

2. Citroen Xantia 1.9 Turbo Diesel;

3. UK currently VW Passat 1.9 TDI 130, re-mapped and with Piper-X air filter running Motul VW Specific fully synthetic, 18" Interlagos turbines . . . blow yer doors off;

4. Thailand currently Izusu D-Max <deleted>, <deleted>, pile of <deleted> <deleted>.

The rest were company cars but the revenue want too much for the benefit in kind.

i was 18 years old at the time & it was the best car i ever owned ('til i turned 19)

mine was an X reg in 'Caspian Blue' . . . awesome, til i wrote it off one day in Clumber Park. w00t.gif

I wrote one of those off once. I passed it in the Lister and the back draft put it in a field. (Only joking)

Great hairdressers car tho. (LOL)

laugh.png i've heard XR3's called many things over the years . . but that's a new one! (i believe your LOL)

they were the bees knees boy racers back in '82 (if you were 18 and just passed your driving test wink.png) oh . . great days.

I came from a poor family and have remained poor ever since. £3k is the best I can muster for a car.

facepalm.gif

Don't fall for the poor boy ploy. Look at his togging kit... (why don't we have a green with envy smiley?) tongue.png

laugh.png i've heard XR3's called many things over the years . . but that's a new one! (i believe your LOL)

they were the bees knees boy racers back in '82 (if you were 18 and just passed your driving test wink.png) oh . . great days.

You guys were so lucky. The "hot rod" in my day was my Ford Popular 100E 997cc sidevalve. I tried a 0-60mph time trial once but it got dark before I got there LOL

You guys were so lucky. The "hot rod" in my day was my Ford Popular 100E 997cc sidevalve. I tried a 0-60mph time trial once but it got dark before I got there LOL

http://www.classiccarshop.co.uk/home/cars/classic-english/ford-100e-popular

worth a bit more these days

As a 'hot rod' the older model 'Sit up and beg' Ford popular maybe have been better ? http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C552497

Know people that put a Rover 3.5 engine & gearbox in a 100E, another used a Ford Capri 2.8i engine in his.

Archived