Business Visa for Cambodia? Can my Thai wife also get one?

Apparently it's simple and easy to get a one year business visa for Cambodia.........? Anyone have any information about this?

Also, assuming it is as straight forward as I'm lead to believe, would the same rules apply for my Thai wife?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's quite easy. You just rock up at the Immigration Office across from the airport, fill in the forms, staple on a photo and pay something like $285 and you have a one-year multiple entry visa with no reporting requirements. No actual employment required, so your wife is good to go as well.

Yes, sorry, forgot that most important of parts - you MUST get the business visa on arrival, not the tourist visa. The business one is $25, and make sure they've gotten it right as in the past the immigration people have been known to take the $25 then issue the $20 visa and pocket the difference. And yes, you can get travel agencies to save you the trip if you like.

Thanks guys. Just didn't know if there is different rules for Thai nationals/

Judging by the above posts you still don't.

"didn't" being past tense.

I'm clear on the posts.

Are you?

Business Visa for Cambodia

well here this is thailand .........go to the cambodia ambassy and ask them there, better than here

coffee1.gif

Please forgive me, I thought this was the

Visas and migration to other countries

forum

The advice here is all OK but your wife does not need to visit immigration when she arrives (though you do). Thai nationals get a 14-day visa free access to Cambodia - this visa-free access can then be converted into a business visa at any travel agent in Cambodia. (I've done this twice with my, now-ex, Thai partner). You need a 1 month ordinary visa for $25 (plus whatever minor bribe they can extort) at immigration in Poipet. Don't let an agent on the Thai side do this for you - they'll rip you off and leave you with a tourist visa which can't be extended for more than a month (meaning a trip back to Poipet to do it all over agan).

It's worth noting that 12 month visa processing times have gone up in Cambodia - it used to take 3-4 days and it now takes more like 10 days so remember to put your passports in with a travel agent early rather than late. (There is a potential $5 a day fine if you don't hand your passports in early enough - this will be collected from your visa agent who will pass the charge on to you when you collect your passports).

Edited by TheSiemReaper

The advice here is all OK but your wife does not need to visit immigration when she arrives (though you do). Thai nationals get a 14-day visa free access to Cambodia - this visa-free access can then be converted into a business visa at any travel agent in Cambodia. (I've done this twice with my, now-ex, Thai partner). You need a 1 month ordinary visa for $25 (plus whatever minor bribe they can extort) at immigration in Poipet. Don't let an agent on the Thai side do this for you - they'll rip you off and leave you with a tourist visa which can't be extended for more than a month (meaning a trip back to Poipet to do it all over agan).

It's worth noting that 12 month visa processing times have gone up in Cambodia - it used to take 3-4 days and it now takes more like 10 days so remember to put your passports in with a travel agent early rather than late. (There is a potential $5 a day fine if you don't hand your passports in early enough - this will be collected from your visa agent who will pass the charge on to you when you collect your passports).

Thanks for the tip on 10-day processing time. I was going to up my visa to 1 year on my next trip. But cannot stay there for 2 weeks. Back to the 6-month one then.