First re-entry permit.

Hi,

I have a one year retirement extension and understand I need a re-entry permit when I go back to England soon.Just wondering on return at Bangkok airport what stamp should I expect Immigration to put in my passport,my 90 day report isn't due when I'm away.Do I reset at 90 days or is that only if my report day expires whilst abroad?Also I've heard I should put my re-entry permit number instead of my visa number on my TM 47 card?Being my first time I don't know so some advice would be appreciated,thanx.

You will be stamped into the country up to the date your extension ends.

You put you re-entry permit number on your TM6 arrival card instead of a visa number.

You 90 day report will be due 90 days form your date of arrival including that date in the count.

On your return, put the re-entry permit number in the 'visa number' box (I write re-entry next to it as well).

You will be stamped to the end of your existing extension of stay (the re-entry permit does not net you extra time).

Your 90 day reporting timer re-starts when you return, so your next report will be 90 days after that date.

EDIT Great minds think alike Joe :)

You will be stamped into the country up to the date your extension ends.

You put you re-entry permit number on your TM6 arrival card instead of a visa number.

You 90 day report will be due 90 days form your date of arrival including that date in the count.

Thanx Joe...I meant TM 6 oops...so do they replace the slip in the front of your passport with a new one telling you to report 90 days later?

Immigration at the airport will not put anything in your passport to do with 90 day reports. You have to count the days yourself.

When you do your 90 day report immigration will check your entry stamp to see if you are reporting on time.

Immigration at the airport will not put anything in your passport to do with 90 day reports. You have to count the days yourself.

When you do your 90 day report immigration will check your entry stamp to see if you are reporting on time.

Thanx m8..