Tempo set to rise in Phuket public land take-back drive

webfact

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1403605710_1-org.jpg
The Nangseu Samkan Samrab Ti Luang (NorSorLor) paper – a deed for public land – which shows that all land to the west of the main road and Soi Haad Surin 8 is public land. Note: colours added by The Phuket News.

PHUKET: -- Vice-Governor Jamroen Tippayapongtada has confirmed that the campaign against encroachment on public land, especially along Phuket’s beaches, will continue without fear or favour.

He told The Phuket News this morning (June 24), “Every piece of public land has to be returned to public use. Some building, the businessmen do not have any right to build it on.”

He spoke particularly about Surin Beach, where – after the sweeping-away of all structures on the west side of the walkway – businesses are now under threat of having their remaining structures on the east side knocked down or taken back by the Cherng Talay Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor).

While saying that the remaining parts of businesses along the beach would be looked at case by case, he added, “No one has right to build something on public land. On the other side [to the east of the path], the buildings built [as emergency housing] for local people [after the tsunami] may not be rented out nor used for business. I have to look back to the OrBorTor’s building documents to see what they built in the past.

“Any structure that was added to [an OrBorTor] building must be pulled down.”

The Phuket News has obtained a copy of the Nangseu Samkan Samrab Ti Luang (NorSorLor) paper – a deed for public land – which shows that all land to the west of the main road and Soi Haad Surin 8 is public land.

“Surin Beach will be the model for how we handle [encroachment on] other public land in Phuket,” V/Gov Jamroen said.

He said he was delighted that, at last, something could be done. “I am so glad that things are finally working in the right way. I have tried to do this for long time – about 10 years.

“But some people did not want to give good corporation while others were afraid of influential people. Now is the right time, however, as I have the [Army’s] National Council for Peace and Order to support me.

“I would also urge the media to continue publishing stories about encroachment by influential people.”

V/Gov Jamroen has been in Bangkok this week at a minister-level conference on disaster risk reduction.

Next week, after his return, the tempo of the anti-land-grab campaign can be expected to quicken significantly.

Source; http://www.thephuketnews.com/tempo-set-to-rise-in-phuket-public-land-take-back-drive-47029.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-06-24

• Like 1

Public land is there to benefit ALL of Thai society rather than a powerful few.

I am quite glad to see the evictions take place and also heartened to see a public official describe how his hands were ties for 10 years from being able to enforce the law against the powerful groups.

Thailand will be a better place with this thorough house cleaning and end to lawlessness.

• Like 2

something tells me this will turn nasty,.,,,

If it's island wide, and transparent, I think it will be accepted. However, if certain locations are singled out for enforecemnt, and other locations are left alone, then yes, it could get nasty.

• Like 1

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1403605710_1-org.jpg

The Nangseu Samkan Samrab Ti Luang (NorSorLor) paper – a deed for public land – which shows that all land to the west of the main road and Soi Haad Surin 8 is public land. Note: colours added by The Phuket News.

PHUKET: -- Vice-Governor Jamroen Tippayapongtada has confirmed that the campaign against encroachment on public land, especially along Phuket’s beaches, will continue without fear or favour.

He told The Phuket News this morning (June 24), “Every piece of public land has to be returned to public use. Some building, the businessmen do not have any right to build it on.”

He spoke particularly about Surin Beach, where – after the sweeping-away of all structures on the west side of the walkway – businesses are now under threat of having their remaining structures on the east side knocked down or taken back by the Cherng Talay Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor).

While saying that the remaining parts of businesses along the beach would be looked at case by case, he added, “No one has right to build something on public land. On the other side [to the east of the path], the buildings built [as emergency housing] for local people [after the tsunami] may not be rented out nor used for business. I have to look back to the OrBorTor’s building documents to see what they built in the past.

The Phuket News has obtained a copy of the Nangseu Samkan Samrab Ti Luang (NorSorLor) paper – a deed for public land – which shows that all land to the west of the main road and Soi Haad Surin 8 is public land.

“Surin Beach will be the model for how we handle [encroachment on] other public land in Phuket,” V/Gov Jamroen said.

He said he was delighted that, at last, something could be done. “I am so glad that things are finally working in the right way. I have tried to do this for long time – about 10 years.

“But some people did not want to give good corporation while others were afraid of influential people. Now is the right time, however, as I have the [Army’s] National Council for Peace and Order to support me.

“I would also urge the media to continue publishing stories about encroachment by influential people.”

V/Gov Jamroen has been in Bangkok this week at a minister-level conference on disaster risk reduction.

Next week, after his return, the tempo of the anti-land-grab campaign can be expected to quicken significantly.

Source; http://www.thephuketnews.com/tempo-set-to-rise-in-phuket-public-land-take-back-drive-47029.php

tpn.jpg

What if these buildings have signed building permits from the tessabaan ?

Surely there is only so much people can do before building. If they have purchased a chanote paper and for planing permission and bult a structure then I could imagine that some people shall be really peed off if they start to lose their land and businesses which as far as they knew they brought legit

This shall worry people big time who want to invest or buy property or sell property out here

Truthfully if one has built a building on illegal land without knowing due to government corruption then they should be entitled to compensation

Big time unless they already know that they we're building illegally then they deserve it

If they have been told by the council they can

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

...which as far as they knew they brought legit

Ignorance of the law is hardly an excuse. The map of public land is not a secret - it is available for viewing at the land office, as is the zoning regulation for that land.

The only person who could be sued by the owner/buyer of the land is the lawyer who failed to advise them that it was public land.

• Like 1

If I was Catch - instead of having "We're still here but only stealing (extra) land on the Eastern side of Surin Beach now" parties, I would be toning it down a bit for the time being.

1_20146182003346_IbUauXaKlKYcFQjASQvhWMU

That sign begs graffiti, least of which is the missing apostophe....

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1403605710_1-org.jpg

tpn.jpg

What if these buildings have signed building permits from the tessabaan ?

Surely there is only so much people can do before building. If they have purchased a chanote paper and for planing permission and bult a structure then I could imagine that some people shall be really peed off if they start to lose their land and businesses which as far as they knew they brought legit

This shall worry people big time who want to invest or buy property or sell property out here

Truthfully if one has built a building on illegal land without knowing due to government corruption then they should be entitled to compensation

Big time unless they already know that they we're building illegally then they deserve it

If they have been told by the council they can

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

"This shall worry people big time who want to invest or buy property or sell property out here" - does anyone know what happened in this case?

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-expat-Frenchman-stands-to-lose-B100mn-home-in-national-park-land-raid/16783

would be a pity all had to go as there are some very nice places that could supply lunches and refreshments when at the beach, but we know that if we allow

one such establishment to benefit in this restricted area then the others will take it they are allowed also and they will all return, so unfortunately it needs to be

one rule for all... close and remove everything and return area to the park land it should be. i went down to the beach yesterday and it was a pleasant surprise

to see the lovely palm trees along the beach edge and no rubbish or clutter...

people also forget this area had Phukets first 9 hole golf course.... small and compact no doubt...no driver needed....

Surin Beach is home to Phuket’s first golf course, a nine-hole course laid out more than sixty years ago during the reign of King Rama VII. It is now largely in disuse except as a park.

"The time to revisit the democratic argument is when the house is clean - at that point the argument would hold more respect." I doubt if I will live long enough to see this, but maybe grandkids could. I am all in for this, btw.... 7 labors of Hercules looks like a mere dusting of furniture by comparison.

Must be 100% ruthless in applying the law. These encroachments are like crab grass or dandelions in ones yard.

Where was the Phuket Vice-Governor, now so enthusiastically welcoming the demolition of illicit developments on the island's beaches, when all this real-estate was going up? Out of town? Blind? Deaf? Or in the thrall of those "influential people" he talks about?

Sounds like another juicy bone to toss the military bloodhounds' way.