No-passport Syrian arrested in Phuket Town

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual we are only getting half the story.

I'd like to know what made the immigration police suspicious of him, you can't seriously think that it's his haircut.

Also, if he admits not having a passport he must have a story about what happened to it. He's unlikey to have travelled far without one.

Why do the police assume he's a criminal or connected with criminals, not having a passport is an offence but it does not make someone a criminal.

According to the article he said ("admitted") he had entered and stayed in the country without a passport, i.e., illegally. Those are crimes! Maybe getting half the story, but you seem to be doing a great job making up the rest ("you can't seriously think that it's his haircut"; "He's unlikely to have travelled far without one."; "he must have a story")

Committing offences doesn't make someone a criminal?? Now there's a head-scratcher...

Shame on you for your idle bar lizard guessing games; the man is apparently Syrian so you could as well speculate that his wife and children were killed there, and that he fled that appalling conflict.

You have no idea, and neither do I.

That's just idle speculation.

He looks more like he cheerfully blew up some women and kids in Syria than an innocent victim.

• Like 1

fabphil you got enough of those arabs freeloadings????you are a tourist or a retired man who lives here in Thailand (in thailand ,this is Thailand this is not your country) same as all the hundreds of other nationalities, this is a free country so do not say you got enough of whatever racist man you are.Have some Arabs they would not even look at you or know your presence just cause you are under the level to speak too.get a life and for your information probably this man has a passport but he doesn't want to return to the killing zone in Syria,thought here is same Europe,but i am afraid it is not they will jail him and forget him but still better to stay in jail rather then go back there.Once again you racist old idiot GET A LIFE

Sended is not a name I have ever heard. Sender perhaps?, but that would make him Jewish.

Really.

Yes, really.

errors in translation from Arabic or Kurdish into Thai then into English ?

Possibly not too many Kurdish/Thai translators in the Immigration Police.

Edited by attento
  • Like 1

Assuming nothing - Why did he come to Thailand if he is a refugee? If he is a refugee why didn't he apply for refugee status? Why did he choose to be smuggled over the border? How did he get here ... by a refugee boat? Gotta have a passport to get on an airplane.

Very suspicious.

Passport? In Phuket? Wasn't there a kerfuffle last year about a plane load of middle easterners that either transited through or commenced their international flight in Phuket. Either way, they had no passports and were allowed to board the plane and depart. Never did see any follow up on that either but I may have missed it like this guy maybe missed that flight?

Gosh! He looks like a typical Thai Tourist to me! I wonder how they figured out he is was a suspicious looking character?

Darn! Now that he was caught I guess I will have to change my disguise now to. Maybe I will grow my hair in and color half orange and the other half yellow. What do you think?

I love these family photos. It look like a big dude who could kick the crap out of those others in the picture.

Yep maybe! but there are some tough little Muai Thai exponents running around. And you know the old saying, "the bigger they are, the harder they fall" so don't be too sure.

I'd like to know what made the immigration police suspicious of him, you can't seriously think that it's his haircut.

Also, if he admits not having a passport he must have a story about what happened to it. He's unlikey to have travelled far without one.

Why do the police assume he's a criminal or connected with criminals, not having a passport is an offence but it does not make someone a criminal.

Its called "Intuition" many police get it after a few years of dealing with scumbags.

• Like 1

Assuming nothing - Why did he come to Thailand if he is a refugee? If he is a refugee why didn't he apply for refugee status? Why did he choose to be smuggled over the border? How did he get here ... by a refugee boat? Gotta have a passport to get on an airplane.

Very suspicious.

Passport? In Phuket? Wasn't there a kerfuffle last year about a plane load of middle easterners that either transited through or commenced their international flight in Phuket. Either way, they had no passports and were allowed to board the plane and depart. Never did see any follow up on that either but I may have missed it like this guy maybe missed that flight?

Perhaps you're confusing a couple of incidents.

Two middle eastern men boarded MH370 using false passports stolen in Phuket. They haven't been heard from since.

I think it was four, Syrians who were held in detention at Phuket Airport for some time after being refused entry to Beijing for having false passports. Their point of origin was Phuket and they couldn't be moved on immediately because they had no passports. Presumably documents were obtained and they eventually returned to their own country.

I love these family photos. It look like a big dude who could kick the crap out of those others in the picture.

From my experience, a persons looks and size are deceiving and generally don't reveal the defense capabilities of the person.

Family remarks and crude comments aside, good job Thai Police!

• Like 1

Boys. :what u name and u passport where?

Syrian. : Amart send me and no have passport.

Boys. : u name Amart sended , no passport.

Syrian : no passport required, u check with Amart

Boys. : ok . Photo session , smile. Head line " mr. Amart sended with no passport"

• Like 1

Shame on you for your idle bar lizard guessing games; the man is apparently Syrian so you could as well speculate that his wife and children were killed there, and that he fled that appalling conflict.

You have no idea, and neither do I.

I agree with you with should not blame Syrians in general for their fate, there should be no joking, but he don't looking like a poor syrian.

Anyway in case he is a poor syrian with a bad fate.

How did he came toThailand without Passport? Walking, swimming or both of these!!???

This is very simple to explain the police grab any chance to have success and to speculate, he belonging to a gang sounds good.

As usual "Bad news are good news"

Were he still with us, Bruce Lee would probably disagree.

Also Sam Irwin, NRL half back for the Gold Coast Titans. All 5'7" of him.

The larger they are, the harder they fall.

Anyway, I think Amar's haircut is revealing, and not just his skull.

In the case he is a criminal, then he should be extra punished for his stupidity to wear a haircut like this, to make the police suspicious.

• Like 1

Sended is not a name I have ever heard. Sender perhaps?, but that would make him Jewish.

Sended is Pakistani and Amar is India...........boys had a mixed up life lol

Makes sence to me, not too far away, doable by land, maybe they should try to speak "punjabi" with him.