No-passport Syrian arrested in Phuket Town

webfact

fabphil you got enough of those arabs freeloadings????you are a tourist or a retired man who lives here in Thailand (in thailand ,this is Thailand this is not your country) same as all the hundreds of other nationalities, this is a free country so do not say you got enough of whatever racist man you are.Have some Arabs they would not even look at you or know your presence just cause you are under the level to speak too.get a life and for your information probably this man has a passport but he doesn't want to return to the killing zone in Syria,thought here is same Europe,but i am afraid it is not they will jail him and forget him but still better to stay in jail rather then go back there.Once again you racist old idiot GET A LIFE

I really don't know what I would choose, back to war or Bangkok Hilton this depending on the sentence.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fabphil you got enough of those arabs freeloadings????you are a tourist or a retired man who lives here in Thailand (in thailand ,this is Thailand this is not your country) same as all the hundreds of other nationalities, this is a free country so do not say you got enough of whatever racist man you are.Have some Arabs they would not even look at you or know your presence just cause you are under the level to speak too.get a life and for your information probably this man has a passport but he doesn't want to return to the killing zone in Syria,thought here is same Europe,but i am afraid it is not they will jail him and forget him but still better to stay in jail rather then go back there.Once again you racist old idiot GET A LIFE

You are right we are all foreigners in Thailand.

but "free country this is just a joke I hope!!???

Anyhow we should not prejudge him, caused of these poor in formations.

We should better enjoy our life in Thailand.

Carpe Diem

As usual we are only getting half the story.

I'd like to know what made the immigration police suspicious of him, you can't seriously think that it's his haircut.

Also, if he admits not having a passport he must have a story about what happened to it. He's unlikey to have travelled far without one.

Why do the police assume he's a criminal or connected with criminals, not having a passport is an offence but it does not make someone a criminal.

This is very simple to explain the police grab any chance to have success and to speculate, he belonging to a gang sounds good.

As usual "Bad news are good news"

I recall a young English surgeon I knew visiting Australia. Two days over his visa allowance, he was arrested and taken to Sydney airport in handcuffs and put on a plane back to England.

Visa and passport violations may not be crimes, but they are frequently taken seriously. I doubt he was a poor refugee.

As usual we are only getting half the story.

I'd like to know what made the immigration police suspicious of him, you can't seriously think that it's his haircut.

Also, if he admits not having a passport he must have a story about what happened to it. He's unlikey to have travelled far without one.

Why do the police assume he's a criminal or connected with criminals, not having a passport is an offence but it does not make someone a criminal.

This is very simple to explain the police grab any chance to have success and to speculate, he belonging to a gang sounds good.

As usual "Bad news are good news"

I recall a young English surgeon I knew visiting Australia. Two days over his visa allowance, he was arrested and taken to Sydney airport in handcuffs and put on a plane back to England.

Visa and passport violations may not be crimes, but they are frequently taken seriously. I doubt he was a poor refugee.

Alas, an English surgeon, who was working as a barman at the time of his arrest, for extra money, of course. biggrin.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Assuming nothing - Why did he come to Thailand if he is a refugee? If he is a refugee why didn't he apply for refugee status? Why did he choose to be smuggled over the border? How did he get here ... by a refugee boat? Gotta have a passport to get on an airplane.

Very suspicious.

I would guess at some stage he did have a passport. Just that he doesn't have one now.

But that would be assumption.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Assuming nothing - Why did he come to Thailand if he is a refugee? If he is a refugee why didn't he apply for refugee status? Why did he choose to be smuggled over the border? How did he get here ... by a refugee boat? Gotta have a passport to get on an airplane.

Very suspicious.

I would guess at some stage he did have a passport. Just that he doesn't have one now.

But that would be assumption.

Actually, it wouldn't, at least not at the time of entering the country. He admitted he entered Thailand illegally. What gives him any excuse to do that? Refugee status? OK, NOW we're into the land of assumptions...