Phuket swimmers warned to beware Portuguese Men o' War

webfact

Reminds me of a girl in the Philippines, who as with my friend. She got stung by a jellyfish, and we all pissed on her leg, simultaneously. I thought it was a serious thing, but my buddy was grinning from ear to ear. She felt better about the sting, anyways...but was looking at us like we were perverts.

Good times.

Please NOTE:

This is article about Portuguese Man-o-War, and the article states they are different from jellyfish and the treatment of a sting is not the same. You should not apply vinegar to this type of sting.

And urine is always a bad idea because of the risk of infection.

You are wrong Urine was used for wound desinfections, but I don't know in this case.

German,

I am not wrong. I am the messenger. I was simply re-stating what numerous medical publications have to say on the matter. Perhaps your key word is the "past tense" of the verb "use" because it is true thst urine has been thought a good treatment for various stings previously...however, new medical opinion is that such practice is now discouraged.

You definitely speak EnglIsh better than my German but please practice up on subtlety when time allows ;-)

Maybe you did'nt read my comment properly.

I did'nt recommended Urine for any Jellyfish or Blue Bottle treatment.

I comment only your statement:

"And urine is always a bad idea because of the risk of infection."

As a general recommendation, not to treat any wounds with urine, and this is wrong.

In the case you have nothing better(the question is, there is somethings better) is urine the best choice,

proven in a lot of wars all over the world for centuries.

German,

Please provide an example of a wound that should be field treated by irrigating with urine, I am genuinely interested and I will edit my comment if I cannot provide a better alternative to your example.

Cheers

Please NOTE:

This is article about Portuguese Man-o-War, and the article states they are different from jellyfish and the treatment of a sting is not the same. You should not apply vinegar to this type of sting.

And urine is always a bad idea because of the risk of infection.

You don't know much about urines components. If it caused infections none of us would have survived infancy given that we pissed and shat our way through year one.

Urine is filtered blood. It is totally harmless. Check some of the Harvard research. It is very beneficial for certain like stings, bites , tropical ulcers etc. It is anti septic and anti bacterial. It poses no risk of infection in fact it offers the opposite. It is often the go to solution for jellyfish stings in Australia ....don't know if it works for these Phuket dudes but it's worth a try. It certainly won't do any damage.

Also a well known hair tonic.