Family Holiday In Krabi

didster

Hello,

I am trying to decide whether to choose Krabi or Ko Phangnan for holiday in October (2 weeks).

I have 3 questions:

1. What is the weather like in October in Krabi? (we went to Phuket last October and there was a bit of rain but it was still warm)

2. There will be 4 of us - where would anyone recommend to stay? We would like somewhere that is maybe a villa or bungalow that houses 4 people (or 2 x 2). We would like somewhere that is near to restaurants. (last year we rented a bungalow in Phuket - about 1,700 baht/night)

3. Which part of Krabi would you recommend - Railey or Ao Nang?

Thanks so much anyone who can help me

leanne

• 1 month later...

hi,

ive been to both krabi and ko phangnan, i spent ages in ao nang loved it so much, was one of my fav parts in thailand. i also spent a few days on railey, aao phreanam i think it is, was really nice bit limited onstuff tod o on railey unless u fancy rock cimbing or just sitting on the beahc all day or day trips, plus the long tail trip when i went was lets just say sketchy.

i stayed in ao nang for about 14 days in the end loads of restaurants and a fair bit of acom. also by staying here u can travel in to krabi town, which is a thrilling ride to say the least. the james bond tour and loads of other tours are available, i went on a snorkelling one to ko phi phi don, and around the small islands, i loved it.the good thing bout staying in ao nang or krabi they are easy boat rides if u fancy spending a few days on railey, just rmember railey is quite expensive, well i say expensive but then again its all relative. a must trip if u do go to krabi is Sea kayaking, the monkeys are awesome.

for ko phangnan, it was my favourite part of my whole trip, i stayed in had rin. beach party everynite lievly and fun atmosphere loads of places to stay as long as u dnt coincide withthe full moon party, though im still to experience that myself. if u do go try to get a plave on leila beach, absolutely gorgeous and quite secluded.

i visted thailand in the off season in july to august., the temps were good wen i went, yes it rained everyday 4pm on the dot in krabi.

i hopoe this gives u a lil incite, mite not be paryiculary helpful

have a gd holiday, im hoping to be out there next july for 12 months.

gti