New Hua Hin Immigration office now open

New Hua Hin Immigration office now open

Hua+Hin+Immigration.jpg

Pol.Col. Thanasak Vongluekiat, Superintendent of Prachuap Khirikhan Immigration at the opening of the new immigration office.

HUA HIN:-- Hua Hin’s Immigration office has moved to a new beachfront location, behind the palace, which is accessible by turning down Soi 19 or Soi 35 off Phetkasem Road.

The new office is situated in the area known locally as 19 Rai, which is often used to hold large concerts and markets and there is also a childrens playground located almost opposite the new office.

If travelling north from Hua Hin, the new Immigration office can be reached if you drive past the palace and turn right at the first set of traffic lights you come to and onto Soi 35 .

After turning right follow the road for approximately 800 metres. Continue straight until you see the Immigration office.

Alternatively, if you are travelling south from Cha Am, you can turn left onto Soi 19. Continue straight until you reach the beachfront then turn right where you will see the playground and the immigration office is located opposite.

Displayed outside the former Immigration office, which was located on the canal road close to Soi 10, is the makeshift sign displayed below which informs foreigners of the new office location at 19 Rai.

20140627_184340.jpg20140627_184351.jpg

map+to+Hua+Hin+Immigration+27.07.2014.pn

tvn.png
-- 2014-06-27

Great news - and with map and GPS too. Noticed a poster saying one can do 90 day reporting via post. Wasn't aware this was possible at HH. What does one have to do? Can you do post arrival reporting by post too? Grateful for any replies/advice (although now Immigration is in centre of HH probably not so important - a good opportunity to combine shopping/eating with a visit)

UPDATE:

Below are some photos of the new office.

It is a much better location compared to the old office with absolutely loads of space for parking both in the car park and on the road outside.

There's a small coffee shop on site too.

Very quiet on the opening day (30.06.2014), only a few foreigners in the queue at 9am.

If you are visiting the Immigration office from Soi 19, drive right to the end of Soi 19, and turn right, carry on straight past the kids play area and the new office is on your right. You can't miss it.

If you are travelling from south Hua Hin, turn down Soi 35 next to the palace, follow the road to the end as it winds left, it will then open up and just continue straight and the Immigration office is on your left hand side.

20140630_090226.jpg

20140630_090236.jpg

20140630_090252.jpg

20140630_090332.jpg

I went to the new office on Tuesday morning about 0930. On arrival found quite a lot of cars and minibuses in the car park and around 15 people sitting outside along the verandah.

Had difficulty finding the support office because none of the entrances are marked and there are five sliding tinted glass doors. First door is an admin office. Walked down and tried the last door which appears to be the bosses offices. Walked back up to the second door dodging waiting folk and tried the second door which does lead into the main customer area as does door number 3

Only two out of seven desks occupied by applicants and no one waiting in the queue seating. Took a queue ticket then noticed that none of the queue indicators were working . Waited a few minutes for an officer to finish his phone call and did my 90 day report.

I thought that it would be much busier but and saw that the wating people outside were Burmese getting applications sorted through an agent which accounted for the two minibuses.

This is the fifth change of office in my nine years in Hua Hin and it is much more spacious yet, I fear, it will need to get bigger still to cope with future increases. That said, compared to places such as Chiengmai where appointments are required I have no complaints and have usually found the staff courteous and efficient although some have bad days just as I do!

• 2 weeks later...

MISE À JOUR:

Voici quelques photos de ce nouveau bureau. C'est un endroit beaucoup mieux par rapport à l'ancien bureau avec absolument beaucoup d'espace pour le stationnement à la fois dans le parc de voiture et sur ​​la route à l'extérieur. Il ya un petit café sur place aussi. Très calme le jour d'ouverture (30/06/2014), à seulement quelques étrangers dans la file d'attente à 9h. Si vous visitez le bureau de l'immigration de Soi 19, conduire droit à la fin de Soi 19, et tourner à droite, continuer tout droit sur ​​le passé les enfants jouent zone et le nouveau bureau est sur ​​votre droite. Vous ne pouvez pas le manquer. Si vous voyagez du sud de Hua Hin, baissez Soi 35 à côté du palais, suivre la route à la fin qui serpente à gauche, il va alors s'ouvrir et continuer tout droit et le bureau de l'immigration est sur votre gauche.

hello!

on a picture, I see a songthaew:
Is it orange or red, because all songtaew have different routes.
thank you

20140630_090226.jpg

20140630_090236.jpg

20140630_090252.jpg

20140630_090332.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Went there today for the first time. Easy to find and lots of parking. Arrived just after 3pm (15:00) and was gone by 3.30pm (15:30) with a new one year retirement extension and a multiple re-entry permit. Fantastic service, although admittedly I did arrive with all the paperwork in hand, including completed TM7 and TM8. But seriously, no issues at all, friendly service and the only reason I wasn't gone in 15 minutes was the slight wait for change from the THB 6000 I handed over for payment of the THB 5700 due. Can't see why people have problems, go prepared with the correct paperwork and all will be fine.

I went yesterday too and was in and out in ten minutes flat having done both 90 day and 1 year O-A Non Imm extension. Like the above poster, I had prepared all the needed paperwork and forms at home so had everything in order when I arrived.

Hi Aidenai, Caroline, Others:

Can someone clarify on the comments above RE "posting a 90-day report-in / check-in, I assume on a Retirement Visa? I didn't see answer here, unless I misunderstood.

I'm considering moving to Prachurap Khiri Khan, so I want to see what housing's available...and, what it's like there.

For ANYONE....with comments in here for John, too:::....

I am told that the rents are very low, but a few "rent/sell" websites didn't show that.

Q's : Where are the good areas, for being a bit out of town...(low$ for me, 5-7K; big 1-bedroom or not too big 2-BR desired, NOT near road, need quiet, some green, a few folks around, maybe); what is

good area for being semi close to things; what are the best restaurants, bars, other things...is there much to do there or see, around the area - nature-wise, etc.?; is it terribly boring? safe? hermit life?

and, what happened with the Internet? gooood?? or, sucks? For visiting wild friends, are there 'lady bars' and such stuff? For me, are there any regular places to meet regular ladies, or am I doomed going alone (i.e., without a lady)?

Thanks,

TFG

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived