AirAsia ups Khon Kaen flights

Lite Beer

AirAsia ups Khon Kaen flights
by Wanwisa Ngamsangchaikit

KHON KAEN, 27 June 2014: Thai AirAsia will increase flights on its Bangkok (Don Mueang) to Khon Kaen route to four daily effective 1 August.

Thai AirAsia CEO, Tassapon Bijleveld, said the route is popular mainly with domestic tourists.
“Khon Kaen has already proven to be a province of great growth in terms of tourism and economics and sees a high volume of passengers on almost all its flights. Increasing flight frequency to the province then will add comfort for the airline’s visitors.”

Flight schedule Bangkok (Don Mueang)-Khon Kaen

inside-no-3.13.jpg

Flight Schedule Khon Kaen-Bangkok (Don Mueang)

inside-no-3.21.jpg

The airline sells a one-way promotional fare starting at Bt590 including airport taxes and surcharges. Bookings must be made by 29 June for travel to 31 October this year.
Moreover, AirAsia customers can also take advantage of the “Spiced Up” promotion.

To get the reward, passengers simply present a boarding pass for the Khon Kaen route at participating stores to receive up to a 15% discount at Hummingbird, Cake@Home, Full Moon, Hug Hang, Baan Ruen Rom, Na Mai, Café de Forest, Orbit Gastro Bar, Bike on the Bear, Nam Nuang Lap Lae, Mama Big, SF Roast Chicken, NUM-GUN-DE, Pizza & Bake Restaurant, and Coffee Der La until 31 August.

Nok Air also will operate twice daily flights from Bangkok (Don Mueang Airport) to Khon Kean effective 1 July.

The airline sets its lowest one-way fare at Bt737, inclusive of airport taxes and fees, while THAI Airways International flies five daily flights with a base fare of Bt1,500.

Khon Kaen is one of the fastest growing provinces in Thailand and both Laos and Vietnam have consulates there to process visa applications, although there are no direct flights from its airport to neighbouring countries.

The province is also one of the designated MICE (events) cities besides Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Chiang Mai according to the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau.

Source: http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2014/06/airasia-ups-khon-kaen/

--TTR Weekly 2014-06-29

• Like 1

Yeah saw this the other day. Good news that both Air Asia & Nok are in the market at long last. Last month went to DMK for 790฿ half the price of TG. Now that FD is competing directly on all of it's daily flights expect to see TG increase prices to offset the loss of passengers! LOL

I booked a Thai Smile (Thai Airways) oneway flight KKC to BKK (Suvarnabhumi) for 1350.

At this price I stil prefer TG because Suv. also as it is the better location for my onward travel.

Thai Smile website, hard to believe, but the cheapest booking class will only be offered for oneway bookings not for return flights.

Two oneway bookings cheaper than a return flight booking. Quite ridicolous tongue.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Now if they would think about direct flights from Khon Kaen to Chiang Mai that would be nice.

Kan Air has that once a week flight from KKC to Chiang Mai using their 12 seat Cessna 208's. Sundays I think, but it pretty useless unless you're planning a week in CM. Now they are in the process of purchasing or leasing some Bombardier Q400's and ATR 42's with the intention of upgrading their routes. Whether or not that includes KKC, who knows, but I'm more inclined to expect an upgraded KKC-CM schedule from them before anything from Air Asia or Nok.

Now Air Asia did state when they first re-entered the KKC market that they would be potentially adding a Phuket flight. I'm assuming since they have seen good loadings on the DMK flights thats a good possibility

Wow, crazy. That airport has seen a lot of change in carriers/flights in the last 10 years.

Shortest flight I ever flew was on a TG widebody from Khon Kaen to Udon. Air Asia had cancelled service to Khon Kaen the day of my flight and they moved all of us to a TG flight. Then even served the lunch boxes on the flight. It was great!

Wow, crazy. That airport has seen a lot of change in carriers/flights in the last 10 years.

Two jetways. When I first came you had to walk across the tarmac.

You still do for the Air Asia flights

Any guys have tried to download the new Air Asia APP in english? i tried, but it goes automatic to Thai language and i cannot change that. Have asked AA for help, but their answer is that i have to use than a desktop computer????

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app