Scary Problem With Postal Worker

lostsoul49

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Trembly, the OP says this has happened over two years, so I'd imagine there are long periods when there is no contact with the guy (remember, someone else did the postal round for a while), and I guess the OP and his missus were hoping it had ended.

But you're right - his missus should have handled it by now. OP, there is a hierarchy in your village, so why haven't you taken advantage of it to solve the problem? Village headman (buy him a couple of beers - smile.png ) talks to big posty man who kicks little derriere.

Actually, I wouldn't buy anyone else any beers or you might form a queue........................sad.png

tongue.png

This person is an alcoholic who has an uncontrollable urge to drink every day from the moment he gets up. This is not the same as a heavy drinker. Every moment he is awake he is concerned only with keeping his alcohol level above a "safe" level.

• Like 1

You should not have bought him a beer in the first place. Familiarity brings contempt is none more apt than here. I know you were being friendly and this is what you do at home, but you ain't home. Those in the service industry (I'm talking postmen, gardeners, maids, security guards etc) really should be kept at arms length, ie in their place under the people they provide a service to. Everything is hierarchical and you brought yourself down and opened yourself up. It sounds harsh and weird but that's the rub I'm afraid.

I'd be speaking with the post dept about this and ignoring the perp is probably the way to go (since he delivers your post) as opposed to getting in his face.

Note: If he keeps calling, block his number f.fs. Also, on most smartphones you can set them so they won't accept calls from people NOT in your Contacts.

Edited by daveAustin

Jesus ....

As others have said here, get your wife to file a police report, then keep a diary of any further problems with him. Your wife should also change her number.

The guy is only a postman, and he sounds like he is a flat broke alcoholic - not much he can do, and if the cops have a word with him he'll go and bother someone else.

One of my neighbors came to knock on my door after I'd repeatedly refused him coming around for a beer. I simply asked him to wait, shut the door and didn't open for him despite the fact that he kept knocking for the next one hour or so. He doesn't speak to me anymore.

I've always given them the perfect treatment whenever they sit with me at the local Nam Tok shop. Simply eat up, drink my beer, pay up and walk away. No one comes near me in the shop anymore. Call me stingy, but I don't usually start what I can't finish.

Mind you, it's my culture to offer food and drinks to people.

Trembly, the OP says this has happened over two years, so I'd imagine there are long periods when there is no contact with the guy (remember, someone else did the postal round for a while), and I guess the OP and his missus were hoping it had ended.

But you're right - his missus should have handled it by now. OP, there is a hierarchy in your village, so why haven't you taken advantage of it to solve the problem? Village headman (buy him a couple of beers - smile.png ) talks to big posty man who kicks little derriere.

she is as timid as a church mouse

but it is the wife that stops me

You are still asking why you are a doormat ?

A word in your local and friendly PC Plods ear and a small donation to his favorite charity Will probably sort out that issue. Alternatively, take some heavy weights, 1 house brick, 3m of rope, 1 large hessian bag, scotch tape, 1 bottle of cheap whiskey, 1 pick up truck and have a drive around and see if you can locate him. Then, invite him for a picnic and read him his last rights whilst he takes the final sup of whiskey.

she is as timid as a church mouse

but it is the wife that stops me

You are still asking why you are a doormat ?

If you don't do anything illegal and the Thai is not from a wealthy family then you should be able to handle this yourself.

If he was from a wealthy family he would not have been transferred or delivering mail in the first place. So no need to hide behind your wifes skirt. Who is thinking about selling moving house because he has a problem with the local drunk ? Deal with it yourself.

If he was from a wealthy family, he wouldn't be a postman. Simple.

Unless of course said postman was delivering lunch boxes to judges :D