Four shot in Phuket after late night fishing

Lite Beer

Eakkapop Thongtub

1404029306_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- Three men and one woman were shot behind Wat Ta Rua in Thalang at shortly before 1am this morning (June 29) after fishing in a nearby lake.

All four were transferred to Thalang Hospital for treatment and are expected to fully recover.

According to Thalang police, the group had just finished catching fish in a lake behind a palm-tree plantation near Wat Ta Rua temple and were in the middle of divvying up the shares of food when they heard gun shots.

Mr Kittisak Pongpan, 32, was shot four times (twice in the right arm, once above his right eyebrow, and once in the back).

Mr Dechanan Pongpan, 38, were was shot once (right arm)

Mr Somjai Tee-uthit, 49, was six times (four times in the right leg and twice in his left leg)

Ms Saijai Bunrat, 50, was shot twice in her right leg.

The investigation is on-going, though police say there are two likely scenarios: soneone was offended that people were fishing in the lake or a person was looking for one of the victims.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/four-shot-in-phuket-after-late-night-fishing-47114.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-06-29

13 rounds hit targets.

Wonder if there were multiple shooters.

Or they used those cheap 12 gauge zip guns....Most likely hit with pellets that are considered "gunshot wounds". Much, much different than handgun or rifle rounds.

That is what I think. Otherwise they'd be dead. I mean, six bullets in one person?

13 rounds hit targets.

Wonder if there were multiple shooters.

Or they used those cheap 12 gauge zip guns....Most likely hit with pellets that are considered "gunshot wounds". Much, much different than handgun or rifle rounds.

FireMedic,

Thanks, I guess it was the wording that tripped me up.

I am sure you are right.

Cheers

Sounds like a land owner defending his property from trespassers who were robbing him.

13 rounds.....hopefully you guys are right and it was just a shotgun blast.

There is a newspaper report that it was a single shotgun blast.

This makes sense. Multiple wounds multiple victims, just injuries.

FWIW, a 2 3/4" 12g with 00 buckshot holds 9 pellets. Those are deadly - designed for hunting deer and similar. Each lead pellet is about the diameter of a 9mm handgun, traveling at a similar speed.

A 3" shell of the same type holds 12 identical 00 pellets - 3 more, but not 13.

To hit 13 times with one blast would require something more like bird shot which will have many more smaller pellets, but none is capable of penetrating to a vital area on a larger animal including a human. They are simply too light and not traveling fast enough. They can create some nasty wounds though.

• Like 2

Fishing in the night equates to poaching, theft, call it what you will, maybe next time they will buy their fish in the market, this is not meant as a cynical post, lived here a while know the rules.