Confirmed: Visa run crackdown effective from August 12, 2014: Thai Foreign Ministry

Well - the 'O' does not mean or stand for 'Ordinary' is means 'Other' - never the less ... since there is not an age requirement stated - then one theoretically could apply if under age 50 for most any reason. But of course - not likely that person would be approved... It would be interesting if people did line up to apply and see what happens...

Allowance for an 'O' visa for those under age 50 would solve the problem for people being in Thailand while waiting for a WP as a teacher to be approved - waiting - but not working ... It would be easy to do -- just a stroke of a pen by someone in the current government hierarchy... Let's see an 'O' based on Teaching with allowance for Extension of Stay based on Work Permit for Teaching... There - see I have solved one main problem ... with only a little change in interpretation of Thai law.

They would not be approved, the reason to be granted non-imm 'O' are the ones that are well known, not just to accommodate teachers or your desired changes to Thai law and regulations.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly enough the information posted at the website of the Royal Thai Embassy in Washington, D.C. in the section about Non Immigrant 'O' visa not a word is posted about age as a requirement... Amazing... I do not believe that this means that people of most any age can apply for a Non Imm. Category O visa and get it ... but it sure does make one wonder... I know that non imm 'o' visas are use for marriage to a Thai -- at most any age ... but this kind of wording does make one wonder -- what if?

That is because non-imm 'O' (Ordinary) is given for many reasons, Examples are retirement, marriage, Thai relatives, but even volunteering, court case, or any other reason the Embassy or consulate deems appropriate.

Well - the 'O' does not mean or stand for 'Ordinary' is means 'Other' - never the less ... since there is not an age requirement stated - then one theoretically could apply if under age 50 for most any reason. But of course - not likely that person would be approved... It would be interesting if people did line up to apply and see what happens...

Allowance for an 'O' visa for those under age 50 would solve the problem for people being in Thailand while waiting for a WP as a teacher to be approved - waiting - but not working ... It would be easy to do -- just a stroke of a pen by someone in the current government hierarchy... Let's see an 'O' based on Teaching with allowance for Extension of Stay based on Work Permit for Teaching... There - see I have solved one main problem ... with only a little change in interpretation of Thai law.

the reasons are defined

• Other activities: (Category “O”) as follows: To stay with the family, perform duties for the state enterprise or social welfare organizations, to receive medical treatment, to be a sport coach as required by Thai Government, to be a contestant or witness for the judicial process.

They would not be approved, the reason to be granted non-imm 'O' are the ones that are well known, not just to accommodate teachers or your desired changes to Thai law and regulations.

Wow - the assumed air of officialdom that you display is amazing and is droll at that. It is obvious that you did not read fully what I posted - as I plainly said "But of course - not likely that person would be approved..."

And you did not see that what I posted was done as a 'musing' of just what might be if Thai authorities used only a slight change in visa regulations... I was making a recommendation for change - get it? I think I am allowed to do that without having to endure your dower sour reply.

Furthermore you seem to have next to no sense of humor... otherwise you might has sensed some little bit of levity in what I posted. But drolls like you keep posting the obvious - simplistic answers to questions that were not really asked and positions that were not really taken...

Good Grief...

Furthermore you seem to have next to no sense of humor... otherwise you might has sensed some little bit of levity in what I posted. But drolls like you keep posting the obvious - simplistic answers to questions that were not really asked and positions that were not really taken...

I see. Thank you for the observation, have a good night.

Wow - the assumed air of officialdom that you display is amazing and is droll at that. It is obvious that you did not read fully what I posted - as I plainly said "But of course - not likely that person would be approved..."

And you did not see that what I posted was done as a 'musing' of just what might be if Thai authorities used only a slight change in visa regulations... I was making a recommendation for change - get it? I think I am allowed to do that without having to endure your dower sour reply.

Good Grief...

some are born comedians and obviously some are not

The IGNORE feature is such a handy thing ... I wish I had found it sooner... never having to read inane post by TVF stalkers ... Great ... almost as good as a good cup of coffee in the morning...