Going to Thailand & Laos. What visas are needed?

I have two Lao friends, who live in England and only have British passports, coming for a holiday from 20th August until 18th September.

They intend flying to Thailand, staying with me for two days, then flying on to Vientiane for just over two weeks to stay with family before returning to Thailand and staying with us for the last four days before flying back to the UK.

In the past they would just get a VOA on arrival at Suvarnabhumi then do the same for their Lao visa at Vientiane and get another VOA at Don Mueang on their return to Thailand for the last four days.

Because of the new visa rules coming into force on the 12th August I'm confused. I've looked at several threads and posts but, to a thicko like me, it's still not clear.

Will they still be able to get back to back VOA's at Suvarnabhumi and Don Meuang some three weeks apart or will they now need to get a visa in Birmingham before they leave?

They get visa exempt entries for Thailand not VOA's.

The new rules will not affect them because they are doing what tourists do. The changes are for those that are doing back to back entries to stay here full time.

• Like 1