A unique police station in Ubon Ratchathani

webfact

What's with the 'sufficiency-economy' principle? Fine in times of war, but otherwise just a tool by an elite to keep the poor as a useful underclass?

Apologies for bringing up politics so early in the day!

What's with the 'sufficiency-economy' principle? Fine in times of war, but otherwise just a tool by an elite to keep the poor as a useful underclass?

Apologies for bringing up politics so early in the day!

Why did you post it if you have to apologise for it? Are you posting beyond your means?

Thaddeus post # 6

This is not unique.

Our local station has a frog farm on the waterlogged land, and the main building is full of reptiles.

Thaddeus would you please be a trifle more respectful to our Gallic members. giggle.gif
Your post certainly would incite Gallic wrath it any Gallic character read it.cheesy.gif
  • Like 2

"For just ten baht, the young detainees can enjoy the cool air from the airconditioner for an hour."

Wow!! Kids from all over the province will be misbehaving in the hope of ending up in this slammer, so they can enjoy cool airconditioning for just 10 baht an hour.

They could always steal the rice from outside the police station and become cereal offenders.

"10-31, 10-31, robbery in progress at 7/11 Ubon Ratchathani, requesting assistance all officers immediately."

"Can't go, stuck in the mud!"

"Can't find my slippers!"

"Have to take a shower first!"

"My back hurts!"

"Wot?!?"

• Like 1

Guess they were hoping to cash in on the rice scam....got news for them.....why bother growing it when the country has an enormous surplus already ? Although having said that, by the time the army finishes inspecting the warehouses, I guess there will be a few million tons less than were claimed 6 months ago...

"For just ten baht, the young detainees can enjoy the cool air from the airconditioner for an hour."

Wow!! Kids from all over the province will be misbehaving in the hope of ending up in this slammer, so they can enjoy cool airconditioning for just 10 baht an hour.

They could always steal the rice from outside the police station and become cereal offenders.

Should that not be "stealing cornflakes" ?????

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thank you 'Admin' for presenting this story.

I did see that there were at least two positive comments.

As for the rest I can now begin to understand why the new Thailand regime are making big strides to enforce more selective immigration rules.

I would ask those TV members that make such negative and discriminating comments to remember that they are guests in this country, you are living here amongst many sensitive and decent people .......if you take a little time to learn about the Thai culture and religion.

Where you come from is obviously not perfect, but if you are happy to live here then why not make an effort to support ....even the smallest projects.

No I am not talking about financially..... just some good advice if needed.

Constructive criticism goes a long way and in fact is the only criticism worth hearing.

• Like 1

The sufficient economic theory was set by the king trying to help the poor farmers and families to be able to support the family with food and reducing costs. 30% plants, 30% trees, 30% water and 10% for living.

I have seen a one rai farm supporting a family if six with all food needed like egg, fish, fruits, vegetables and rice just following this simple guideline! Not all people like CP, Betagro and other big companies that are running the food industry in Thailand!

What you need to focus on is his explanation

Principle of human rights and human dignity regarding youths.

The idea is to give the youths a different understanding of the relationship between police and the prisoners.

To renovate the toilets is a clear example of giving the inmates a chance to rethink their future.

Instead of repeat offenders there is a chance that they will change their ways which is obviously better for the community at large.

A positive move in reforming the attitude of the police and their prisoners.

To give the rice free says that we are all in the boat together though some of us have different uniforms.

I for one commend his actions

• Like 2

Now let's see a similar enlightened approach from the Thai prison authorities..

I don't know about all prisons but atleast Phichit provincial prison have an area where the inmates can farm outside the walls. The problem seems to be the behavior of the prisoners and a low amount of guards. They manufacture things like furniture, grills, clothes and snacks. The only problem is that everything is much more expensive than buying from a store outside!!! Even for me who teach there and get a discount it's just to expensive, a grill made from half of an oil drum is B1500 with discount. I bought one made from a whole drum (with lid) and stainless steel for B1500 at a mechanic shop!

No wanting to pour scorn on the concept, but leave the farming to the farmers and get out there and fight crime and corruption what you are paid to do.

I resumed it was their off duty time.

Thank you 'Admin' for presenting this story.

I did see that there were at least two positive comments.

As for the rest I can now begin to understand why the new Thailand regime are making big strides to enforce more selective immigration rules.

I would ask those TV members that make such negative and discriminating comments to remember that they are guests in this country, you are living here amongst many sensitive and decent people .......if you take a little time to learn about the Thai culture and religion.

Where you come from is obviously not perfect, but if you are happy to live here then why not make an effort to support ....even the smallest projects.

No I am not talking about financially..... just some good advice if needed.

Constructive criticism goes a long way and in fact is the only criticism worth hearing.

I think the negative comments are probably from members who have had first hand experience of Thai cops collecting fines solely for their back pocket!

I have a police Lt in the family and he works his farm off duty as do many Issan officers and he doesn't ever think about tea money.

Should that not be "stealing cornflakes" ?????

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No. it should be "stealing rice", the cereal crop which features prominently in the news article.

"Stealing cornflakes" the breakfast cereal, would have been perfect for my little gag, if only it was relevant to the story.

• Like 1