What REALLY happens when Immigration inspect a school

Ajunadawn....

Huh?

I LOVE CAPS

lol

Actually this thread is here to allow people, dozens, hundreds, THOUSANDS of people to contradict me. I will then slink away quietly after admitting my personal experience is incorrect.

But GUESS WHAT (including caps just to be annoying now hehe) it seems I was correct. So far not a single (see how nice I was to avoid caps there???) poster on this forum has had first or second hand experience with this happening. And a lot of people have viewed this thread.

So sorry, its your logic that needs a bit of a wake up call.

OP, you might incidentally be correct about this or that but your comments are wholly supposition, generalizations, and faulty reasoning. You make an observation based on the immediate event in your world that you experience, extrapolate that into a universal truth about teaching & immigration, then try to collect others to see your conclusion? You have no idea about teaching/immigration stats. Following your reasoning is dizzying.

Quite frankly, your a mess of shouting (see CAPS), defensiveness, and false logic. Good luck with your teaching.

I will step back and allow the masses to muse in your drama.
  • Like 1
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and unable to contradict my initial hypothesis.

All I really did was use the Scientific Method.

I constructed a hypothesis "Teachers do not actually get fined or deported for working under tourist/EDU visas" and sent it out to the world to prove or disprove.

After five days and no contradictory evidence (first or second person accounts of teachers being fined or deported) my hypothesis is holding up very well.

I am not sure why that would anger or upset you.

Ajunadawn....

Huh?

I LOVE CAPS

lol

Actually this thread is here to allow people, dozens, hundreds, THOUSANDS of people to contradict me. I will then slink away quietly after admitting my personal experience is incorrect.

But GUESS WHAT (including caps just to be annoying now hehe) it seems I was correct. So far not a single (see how nice I was to avoid caps there???) poster on this forum has had first or second hand experience with this happening. And a lot of people have viewed this thread.

So sorry, its your logic that needs a bit of a wake up call.

OP, you might incidentally be correct about this or that but your comments are wholly supposition, generalizations, and faulty reasoning. You make an observation based on the immediate event in your world that you experience, extrapolate that into a universal truth about teaching & immigration, then try to collect others to see your conclusion? You have no idea about teaching/immigration stats. Following your reasoning is dizzying.

Quite frankly, your a mess of shouting (see CAPS), defensiveness, and false logic. Good luck with your teaching.

I will step back and allow the masses to muse in your drama.

So Mr. Psycho analyzer do you have any facts on the OP original question? Or have any constructive points to add. Or is it your job to police personalities. -

• Like 1

Posted, yes. But if you have no contradictory evidence then you would not post.

Correct?

No offense, up country, but you are one of the champions of the "work without all proper documentation and you will be deported" club. Certainly if you had any first hand knowledge you would post it.

Edited by brucetefl

Correct?

cheesy.gif

No, not correct.

Are you unable to fathom that someone who had been fined, jailed or deported wouldn't want to advertise that fact on the forum.

And I'll post it again. You yourself posted that there are "tens of thousands" of teachers working illegally in Thailand. What percentage of those do you think have viewed this thread?

• Like 1

No offense, up country, but you are one of the champions of the "work without all proper documentation and you will be deported" club. Certainly if you had any first hand knowledge you would post it.

I have never broken Thai immigration law, so no, I don't have first hand knowledge.

I also have no financial stake in playing down the risks inherent to breaking immigration law.

• Like 1

Yes I'm sure people operating under a pseudonym on a forum are so embarrassed and would never ever tell people that they had been fined or deported. The shame! LOL

You are kidding, right?

And all are asking for is any real eyewitness evidence. It doesn't have to be you. It could be someone that you actually know. But apparently no one even knows anyone that this is happened to. At the very least, although you won't admit it, it's a very rare occurrence.

Correct?

cheesy.gif

No, not correct.

Are you unable to fathom that someone who had been fined, jailed or deported wouldn't want to advertise that fact on the forum.

And I'll post it again. You yourself posted that there are "tens of thousands" of teachers working illegally in Thailand. What percentage of those do you think have viewed this thread?

I have been here 18 years and all of that time involved in some way with English teachers and English teaching. I have literally known THOUSANDS (love those caps) of teachers who have taught without proper documentation. I am probably one of the few who have actually been in a school as it was raided and was high enough in the leadership that I was actually with the director as she scrambled to get money to pay off immigration. So its not like I am a newbie with no basis for forming a strong opinion.

And because some of you might find interesting, let me tell you the circumstances behind that raid.

Two teachers have been employed and all of their documents have been submitted to Labor. However, the contracts have been signed almost a month before and so Labor asked the school to come in, take back all the documents and resubmit them with new contracts.

So for you that don't understand, these teachers had actually been legal because their documents had been in the hands of Department of Labor. But when those documents or returned they were no longer legal. The documents were no longer "in process".

As if by magic (heavy sarcasm there) late that afternoon immigration arrived at the school. Those two teachers were technically illegal. The director was asked for 80,000.

It would take a blind man not to see that this was all a cooperative effort between the Department of Labor and the Department of immigration. The moment those documents were returned to the school Labor called Immigration and told them to visit the school. I'm guessing they split the money.

I've been here a long time. Maybe I'm giving overly cynical. But could you blame me?

Edited by brucetefl

Nor do I! Much better to take a BA TESOL course and get a TCT exemption! THEN I make more money. See how that works?

I am just giving people real info based upon personal experience. Whether it fits my agenda or not.

I have never broken Thai immigration law, so no, I don't have first hand knowledge.

I also have no financial stake in playing down the risks inherent to breaking immigration law.

Not until you graduate after 4 years of study. Until then, you encourage them to work on non-imm EDs. I guess that's what this thread is about - reassuring your 'students'.

Nor do I! Much better to take a BA TESOL course and get a TCT exemption! THEN I make more money. See how that works?

I am just giving people real info based upon personal experience. Whether it fits my agenda or not.

Edited by Loaded
  • Like 2

I guess you did not read any other threads about the BA TESOL (of course thats not surprising if it oes not interest you). We actually do not have many of our teachers on Education visas. Most get B visas and work permits with TCT waivers.

You guys like to accuse me of all kinds of crap without evidence. All I am trying to do is tell people the real scoop. It would seem you guys have more of an agenda than I do. Why make up crap about being fined and deported when it apparently never happens? Afraid someone better looking will steal your girl? There are others! lol

Not until you graduate after 4 years of study. Until then, you encourage them to work on non-imm EDs. I guess that's what this thread is about - reassuring your 'students'.

nobody on this thread has made up 'crap' about being fined and deported.

a degree is needed to obtain a TCT waiver but your students don't have one yet, how do they obtain waivers?

not sure what the girlfriend comment relates to

this is a very strange thread

Edited by Loaded
  • Like 2

The reason I created this thread (and it has been repeated at least three times if you read it) was in reaction to someone asking if they could volunteer as an English teacher at a small rural school near his home. He was immediately told by several posters that he would be risking fines and deportation if he volunteered there.

And as I mentioned in the thread, most likely he would become A very respected member of the community, be given fruit and food by local farmers, invited to a lot of parties, but certainly not fined and deported.

I'm just trying to figure out why some people are so willing to tell people things that simply aren't true. Of course, stealing their girlfriend was just tongue in cheek. But why would someone tell this person they would be fined and deported when it apparently never happens, even to teachers who are working professionally, not volunteering.

Edited by brucetefl