‘On My Own In Hua Hin’ – An International Hit?

‘On My Own In Hua Hin’ – An International Hit?

%E2%80%98On-My-Own-In-Hua-Hin%E2%80%99-%

HUA HIN:-- Tala is a brilliantly talented newcomer to the burgeoning UK music scene.

The Londonbased singer, songwriter, and producer is one the most exciting new artists to have emerged in 2014, combining hard-hitting beats and bright melodies into a uniquely modern package.

Her latest contribution was released in June. “On My Own In Hua Hin” is a song that is bright and catchy, but underpinned by a powerful electronic production. Here’s an introduction from Tala – “On my first visit to Asia last year I went to Thailand and Singapore.

I’d never been to Asia so I didn’t know what to expect. I was so inspired by the two weeks that I spent there, which wasn’t enough. It was incredible.” “The sounds you hear at the beginning of ‘On My Own In Hua Hin’ are from that trip.
I filmed some really awful footage on my iPhone at this Thai wedding. It was a procession and they had the drummers and stuff, it was all very traditional. They must have thought I was a real weirdo. But when I got back I was like, I’ve got to make something happen with this. It was just a proper moment where we were in Hua Hin, right by the sea and it was this amazing Thai band. So I made another version of ‘On My Own,’ chopped up and with these sounds from Thailand.”
This is not a song which is gentle or traditional in the Thai music way. It’s a song that begs to be played loudly. it’s a defiant track, with Tala stating that she doesn’t need anyone else’s approval to do what she does. “I don’t need your time / I don’t need you / I do it for myself / Got nothing to prove,” she sings over a pounding drum beat and bass tinged synths. It’s unclear if the song is meant for a former lover or a less specific group of doubters. Tala lays down some seriously impressive electronic production.
Striking, layered instrumentation combines with slithering synths as Tala’s strong vocals come into the spotlight. Want to check out a sound preview of this song? Go to http://summerinthewinter. com/listen-tala-on-my-own-in-hau-hin/ , or maybe on the local disco playlist soon? P.S., it’s a pity they couldn’t spell Hua Hin! We also need to let Tala know; the next time she visits Hua Hin there’s no need to be on her own.
hh2d.jpg
-- Hua Hin Today 2014-07-07