Thai Immigration Bureau to blacklist all overstayers of more than 90 days

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bet there are loads of older guys living in upcountry Nakon Nowhere on overstay. Like those guys who have no ties to their home country, probably haven't left Thailand for a decade or more. They'll at least be hoping they don't get caught now, that's if they even care at all.

Risky business staying here on overstay, lord only knows why you'd do it.

It does seem Immigration are really tightening things up. First visa runners, now people on overstay.

Will it be Ed-Visas next?

Edited by pinkpanther99
  • Like 1

Im not sure why someone would bother trying to overstay anyway. In ANY country in the world it's illegal and courting disaster. I actually hope that all these recent shakedowns will help rid the country of some of the scurvy bilge that is found clinging to the vestiges of their sorry lives in this beautiful land.

Several nearby countries have visas for expats that don't require reporting like this. I think Singapore is a very long time. And the right one in Malaysia is pretty long also.

• Like 2

I hope there are the usual exemptions such as 'Medical' etc.

Sorry no sympathy for any over stayers for any duration unless its for medical reasons

No problem to get extension of stay from immigrations if unable to travel.

• Like 1

"Thaivisa.com would always recommend to never overstay your visa under any circumstances and always adhere to the rules and regulations when staying in Thailand as detaield by the Immigration Bureau."

That would be nice.

I disagree. They are harsh. Just because another country may ALSO have harsh laws does not mean THESE laws are not harsh. That is NOT logical. Again ... think for a second, a potential 5 year ban for a ONE DAY overstay. That's harsh no matter how you spin it.

Its not for a 1 day overstay jing read the OP