Immigration clarifies and confirms overstay crackdown

Just seen this from a Thai friend. Not sure where it originated from.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Maybe from here ??

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/744965-thailand-immigration-confirms-new-overstay-rules-are-now-official/#entry8135203

Fair enough - apologies then. Just saw it and hadn't had a chance to look.

• Like 1

Maybe from here ??

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/744965-thailand-immigration-confirms-new-overstay-rules-are-now-official/#entry8135203

Actually

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/popup_anounce.html

It was a popup for everyone entering the immig site, but now turned off from the popup way.

• 2 months later...

As at 13 October 2014, there is sign outside Bangkok Immigration Division 1 office with exactly the same content.

I think that sign has been up for a long time. The new rules have not been approved yet. I think they are being done as a ministerial regulation that requires cabinet approval so it may be awhile yet before that happens.

Anyway I would advise affected people not to turn themselves in as my brothers mate did. He was only arrested and incarcerated for 3 months. I won't say what town but ill give you a hint - this town is known for its many ladies. Guess he was extremely lucky. Make your way to airport firstly or land border as second choice. Please correct me if I'm wrong with this advice.

Question, where did your brothers mate turn himself in ? Immigration or Police Station ?

And indeed, make your way to the airport with the money for the fine and a plane ticket, and when you arrive be as humble as you can be and say "sorry" a lot.

Immigration. The told him kindly to go away on his first visit. But he came back the next day to sort it out. On this day they arrested him. Perhaps he didn't have the 20,000 baht. I don't know.

sounds to me like they gave him a chance to go to the airport without being arrested but instead went right back where he shouldn't have gone and was arrested - local immigration have no way to deal with this situation except arrest

It has already been stated many times on this forum that the best thing to do is go to the airport with a ticket and enough money to pay the fine

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Do you know if the new rules include children under 12 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Children under the age of 15 do not pay overstay fines at this time. That is because they are not old enough to be responsible for their actions in regards to to visas and etc. Their parents are responsible.

In my opinion the same rules will apply and they will not be banned from the country because of their parents negligence.

My work permit agent told me my 13 year old has to sign this form.

Just started to renew my work permit process which now starts 3 months before expiry. I can confirm Bangkok Immigration at One-Stop-Center requires you to sign this form. Weird rules with Junta at the helm.

• 3 months later...

This place is getting weirder and weirder.

At Chaeng Wattana Immigration office, you have these HUGE boards right outside the entrance stating all these things and big red scary letters describing all the horrors that can happen to you if you overstay and then when doing your extension you have to sign more scary papers about overstay that make you think you're signing your life away...

all this about rules that have not been (and probably never will be passed?

What is the logic behind this?