South Thailand border crossings reports problems to enter with 60-days tourist visas "TR60"

Well its safe to say most westeners won't be scrutinized as much as the Russians and Koreans after all they were mentioned as the main culprits with the serial boarder runners.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

them want kill them self ?

clever thailand .cheesy.gifclap2.gif

what do foreigner buy house , car , have children etc....

sale everything and move to cambodia ?i think good idea ...

many foreigner have home , so what hapen if them can t come back in thailand ????

very good idea again for economic thai .... clap2.gifgiggle.gif

Edited by nick02
  • Like 1

If one has a Non-0 visa based on marriage, does it state on the visa that this is why you qualified for said visa?

Furthermore, what else qualifys a person to apply for a NON-0? We know they are no longer generally available not even in Europe, having children here without being married doesn't qualify you, if you are retired you would be on an extension of stay and then you have the education visa. So what else except for being married allows you to apply for a NON-O?

Marriage to a Thai, having a Thai child, being 50 or over, being the family member of a person living here, working as a volunteer or anything else that an embassy or consulate deems that fits under the non-o category.

Having a Thai child alone doesn't qualify you unless you have custody papers. Being over 50? Not sure about that and why wouldn't you be on a retirement type visa? I know for sure that you cannot get a NON-O from the UK unless you are 65+. So as I suspected, not a lot.

Over 50 not 65. And having either a Thai wife or a child will qualify you. Many other things also

You will get a NON-O based on retirement in the UK if you show the funds etc, but if you just want a NON-O for general purposes without showing funds then you have to be 65.

As for having a child, as has been made clear already you will only get a visa based on having a child if you have custody. If you are married to the Mother then you would simply get your visa based on being married, the child wouldn't even come into it.

The funds/money you need to apply when 50 years, are such a small amount, that about every person in Sweden where I apply have it.

And you decide if you apply for the visa with your child as the reason to apply.

Edited by larsjohnsson

Well the "general vibe" here is way off track. They are trying to stop people who are continueously staying in Thailand on the wrong visa. If you are here for 180+ days a year you need to pay tax on your income. You are considered a resident for tax purposes. I dont think its unreasonable or very difficult to understand.

It depends on what kind of income you have. All the retired people getting their pension income every month, don't need to pay any tax

many foreigner have home , so what hapen if them can t come back in thailand ????

I don't see the problem here.

If a foreigner has a car, a house and children here he should be able to comply with the rules for getting an extension without a problem.

If a foreigner has a car, a house and children here he should be able to comply with the rules for getting an extension without a problem.

Not really.

If they are working here 'illegally' because they do not qualify for a WP, for example a teacher without a degree, they might be earning 70k pm with part-time work, but that can't be used as income for an extension of stay.

It could be put through a wife's account to finance a car, condo, house etc, but unless they save up and keep 400,000 baht in an account for 2 months they won't qualify.

I heard before that the loan-shark interest on 400k for 2 months is about 10k baht. Perhaps that sort of thing will be put to use in the future for some people.

Well its safe to say most westeners won't be scrutinized as much as the Russians and Koreans after all they were mentioned as the main culprits with the serial boarder runners.

That's true, and they are not being scrutinized as heavily, despite every foreigner potentially getting more scrutinized than in the past. Russians, Koreans, Brazilians and a few others are now no longer allowed to do a land based visa run, not even one according to some visa run companies. They either need to come back with a visa or fly back in. However, most other nationalities can continue to do one land based visa run, or cross overland a couple of times if they have the appropriate visa OR they are genuine tourists using Thailand as a transit point for regional travel.

There is a regulation that tourists entering Thailand (and just about all other countries have them too...just watch an episode of Australian Border Security) be able to show proof of adequate funds to pay for their holiday. The standard amount in Thailand is 20000 baht or foreign currency equivalent. As you didn't qualify for entry if you didn't have this minimum amount, you should be grateful the immigration officers let you in anyway.

Actually it is 10000 the 20000 is for a family.

Edited by Maestro
Deleted irrelevant part of multiple quoted posts.

Depends on what it says on the fax the head offices sent to immigration check points and what the chief at the point told the underlings. Chances are TVF readers are better informed than some officers.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

People on a Non O visa will be able to go,enter freely without any hindrance whatsoever. Why because if you are married they cannot refuse you to visit family..... by law this is.

It's about time they are cracking down on border runners with just a single tourist visa. Who knows, maybe we will see better teachers. alt=clap2.gif>

Bit naive and insensitive, not to mention very smug was your last paragragh. If this crackdown really does get enforced like they are saying it is not just the wrong un's and people working here illegally tha it will affect. It will/could also affect decent honest people like offshore workers who visit here say every 2 or 3 months for holiday or family reasons. This could go way beyond affecting just the border runners/cheap charlies., etc.

I doubt it will affect oil workers or anyother kind of workers who are outside the country(making their money) for more than 180 days a year as they are not tax liable. I dont think they have any problem with these guys.

They'll have a problem with them trying to access Thailand six times a year on visa-exempt.

There's going to be a lot of explaining to do at the airport for a lot of these guys.

I don't think there will be any problem for them doing this at all. At least coming into the country anyway.

Where they will have problems, at least the ones who are in a rotation that isn't 28/28, ie, the ones that will have more than 30 days on their off-time and will have to account for any period over 30 days in country to immigration. Off course for the ones that are married, they can get a 60 day extension on the visa exempt, but not all are married.

And for those married here, before anyone starts that they should have a dependency visa based on marriage, it isn't necessarily the best option for them. To renew the extension, they have to be in country within a 30 day period of the renewal date. On rotation, this is not a given and in most cases difficult to change rotation dates to ensure they are in country for that time. A multi-entry non-O would in cases like this, would be the correct option for them. What was immigration thinking when they made the multi entry available in the first place?

A lot of people posting here think that all rotation work is based around 30 days on, 30 days off. This isn't the case. Not all country's Labour laws state that offshore workers are restricted to 28 days offshore (as in the case in Thailand) and not all O&G workers work offshore.

As for the other multitude of rotation fields that are out there, well........................wink.png

Even these days if change your passport, the info plastic page has all same info on their computer (if they care to look)

Might get away with a name & change of birth date

Incidently, how many real tourists are there who arrive into Thailand without return or onward travel< I wonder

• Like 1

Seems the whole visa exempt thing has been expanded to tourist and Non-imm O visas.

The whole "you should be OK" line espoused here should be modified to reflect the fact that, to all intents and purposes, re-entering the country has become something of a crap shoot.

Choose your border wisely and you'll breeze through immigration and live to crow about it on here

Choose poorly and anything more than a few visa exempt stamps (or worse still, an assortment of visas) and/or the absence of one or all of the following

Cash

ATM slip with current balance

Bank statement

Full pre-paid itinerary

Airline tickets out

Hotel reservations in 3 provinces

will see you denied entry to the country by immigration.

In view of the high number off off-topic posts, their removal will continue without notification for individual posts. As a reminder, the title of this topic is as follows:

South Thailand border crossings reports problems to enter with 60-days tourist visas "TR60"

Another point: posts relating the experience of entering with a tourist on a southern border years ago are irrelevant.

Not really.

If they are working here 'illegally' because they do not qualify for a WP, for example a teacher without a degree, they might be earning 70k pm with part-time work, but that can't be used as income for an extension of stay.

It could be put through a wife's account to finance a car, condo, house etc, but unless they save up and keep 400,000 baht in an account for 2 months they won't qualify.

I heard before that the loan-shark interest on 400k for 2 months is about 10k baht. Perhaps that sort of thing will be put to use in the future for some people.

If they are working illegally they don't qualify for extension. These people are the ones that Immigration like to throw out.

^ Well done for understanding.

People can be earning enough here to support a house, car and child, and not qualify for an extension.

Down to both the strict labour law for teachers (to be fully legal), and the requirements for extensions based on family (marriage). I know a few in this situation - No degree = no WP for them. They earn around 50-70k p/m but this can't be used as income for an extension even though it above the required amount (40k). Their cash though can be funneled easily enough to buy a car or house.

Edited by Deacon Bell

if they can afford a house, they should be able to afford 400,000 in the bank. And if the are working illegally, they are not wanted in Thailand. Just as they are not wanted in any other country. Nothing to do with Thailand shouting itself in the foot, etc.

They are certainly wanted by their students and the parents of their students....

Finance for a house and car are easy enough. Getting 400k in cash and locking it up for 2 months every year, not so much.

^ Well done for understanding.

People can be earning enough here to support a house, car and child, and not qualify for an extension.

Down to both the strict labour law for teachers (to be fully legal), and the requirements for extensions based on family (marriage). I know a few in this situation - No degree = no WP for them. They earn around 50-70k p/m but this can't be used as income for an extension even though it above the required amount (40k). Their cash though can be funneled easily enough to buy a car or house.

They support wife and kids here. They also own a house and a car. But it's impossible to get 400k on a bank account for the extension!!

Isn't the visa and extension the first thing you spend money on if you like to stay together with your family?

The main thing with the new and stricter rules where to get rid of the illegal workers

Edited by larsjohnsson

In view of the high number off off-topic posts, their removal will continue without notification for individual posts. As a reminder, the title of this topic is as follows:

Another point: posts relating the experience of entering with a tourist on a southern border years ago are irrelevant.

I would like to get more info regarding the op but all I read here is off topic and should be deleted as written

n in Mestros post. Stop posting rubbish.

regards

they are not border runners if they have a valid visa irrespective of how many border runs they have done in the past a visa is a visa and if there is a problem they should be investigated in consulate before visa is issued no leave people stranded.

It is completely up to the immigration police officer to grant or refuse entry to the Kingdom of Thailand, they can legally refuse entry to anybody they want to no matter what visa they do or don't have.

Depends on what it says on the fax the head offices sent to immigration check points and what the chief at the point told the underlings. Chances are TVF readers are better informed than some officers.

While I agree in principal, there is nobody better informed than that guy who has the stamp in his hand. Regardless of how wrong he is...

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

if they can afford a house, they should be able to afford 400,000 in the bank. And if the are working illegally, they are not wanted in Thailand. Just as they are not wanted in any other country. Nothing to do with Thailand shouting itself in the foot, etc.

They are certainly wanted by their students and the parents of their students....

Finance for a house and car are easy enough. Getting 400k in cash and locking it up for 2 months every year, not so much.

Drifting for a second Mario, if they are illegal, ie, working without a work permit, how are they getting finance?

Drifting for a second Mario, if they are illegal, ie, working without a work permit, how are they getting finance?

Finance for what? If you mean 400k in a Thai bank account to qualify for the extension to live with Thai wife or child, a person illegally working in Thailand has no right to remain in Thailand and therefore the question of his applying for the extension does not enter into the discussion.

- If you have a double entry Tourist Visa you will not be able to enter a second time on the southern borders.

- Russian, Lao, Vietnam and Korean nationals are denied entry in general with a Tourist visa at the Sungai Kolok border.

To quote the famous "unnamed" immigration official: "You are a tourist for 30 days, not more." - We are by the way aware of the strange inconsequence of receiving an entry stamp and subsequently being able to enter with a Tourist visa.

They're clearly not following the rules that are in place.

If you can't enter twice on a double entry visa then that's going to cause a lot of issues.

I had triple entry from uk extended every entry for 30 days then TR from laos double entry exte ded first going to extend secend in jomtien this week not sure will get it or not. Is it any point to get one more from laos going by air? Or too risky at this stage? In terms i will stuck in laos...

I had triple entry from uk extended every entry for 30 days then TR from laos double entry exte ded first going to extend secend in jomtien this week not sure will get it or not. Is it any point to get one more from laos going by air? Or too risky at this stage? In terms i will stuck in laos...

The problems mentioned above are happening at the southern border with Malaysia which is going to be a very different situation to whatever is happening going to / from Laos.

As has been said there are some people abusing the system, as many also have said it's the innocents who will also suffer here as a result,, I've been exiting entering on a non imm o multi entry based on marriage for a few years, nothing wrong with that, There's a valid reason why most of us offshore guys cannot obtain an extension inside Thailand which is because many must exit to go to work before the consideration period for the extension is up,

Many offshore workers amongst others would happily pay an extra charge if available to be fast tracked through the consideration period for a 1 year extension or even delay the consideration period to be collected by the applicant on the next entry, it's frustrating enough to hear some people come out with in some cases false assumptions that people cannot make extensions because of limited funds which in some cases may be correct, but I'd hazard a guess that the bigger majority have the funds and would happily go to immigration to make an extension if it was a suitable option

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

- If you have a double entry Tourist Visa you will not be able to enter a second time on the southern borders.

- Russian, Lao, Vietnam and Korean nationals are denied entry in general with a Tourist visa at the Sungai Kolok border.

To quote the famous "unnamed" immigration official: "You are a tourist for 30 days, not more." - We are by the way aware of the strange inconsequence of receiving an entry stamp and subsequently being able to enter with a Tourist visa.

They're clearly not following the rules that are in place.

If you can't enter twice on a double entry visa then that's going to cause a lot of issues.

"They're clearly not following the rules that are in place."

There is only one important rule and they are following it. That it is completely at the discretion of the Immigration Police to grant or deny entry to anybody regardless of what visa they do or don't have.